Start by marking “Shade (Snapped #2)” as Want to Read:
Shade (Snapped #2)

Shade (Snapped #2)

Famous boyfriend, penthouse on Park Avenue, full scholarship and best friend along for the ride?

Awesome.

A smartass drummer boy, dark obsession and a hint of betrayal?

Unexpected.

Murder?

Inevitable.

Charlie Miller’s life in New York City is just getting started.
Published December 21st 2014 by Ketley Allison LLC (first published November 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Shade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shade

Vivian Jane ✯
**ARC provided by the author for an honest review!**
*Quotes may differ upon publication*
Should have made this into one book ;(
4 "Jealousy" Stars!
"Our lives have flipped. We're exposed--strangers know us, women I've never met and probably will never meet vie for information about me. People want to read about you and hope we break up."

--REVIEW WILL BE POSTED ON DECEMBER 15TH, 2014--
Olivia-Savannah Roach
Apr 06, 2015 Olivia-Savannah Roach rated it really liked it
These books continue to be as addicting as ever! Flew through this one. I think having Charlie questioning everything does raise the suspense but sometimes it gets to be annoying. I also really don’t trust Raegan anymore; I think she’s too secretive. Romance is still as hot as ever and slightly explicit. And the ending had me laughing – it makes a nice set up for the next one. I just wish that the murder section would come in because it was in the prologue. When will that happen?
Cassia Brightmore
Nov 10, 2014 Cassia Brightmore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, loved
Shade is the second book in the Snapped serial. Now, if you read my review of Snapped, you’ll already know how fast I fell in love with this series and how invested I am in the characters after only one book. After the hair pulling, nail biting cliffhanger from the first book, I was more than ready to slide right into Shade. The drama and intrigue from the first book continued right into this second installment, the tangled web becoming more convoluted with each turn of the page. I had wondered ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is the second part of this story. With just over a hundred pages it's a quick read. Things are building up and getting interesting. It's hard to review without spoilers so I'm saying nothing about the story.
Great twists and turns had me gripped. Oh and what an ending!! Looking forward to reading more of this story.
Isabelle

Heat: 3 stars
Freshness: 3.5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: (17/24) 4 stars

***** This is part two of a serial, there is no ending per se. Also this is a mystery serial, I can't say much without spoiling, so I'm not going to say anything about the story.*****

Part two of the serial has cra
Court
Dec 21, 2014 Court rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shelley: It's hard for me to write about Shade without being spoilerific so I'll just give you a rundown of some of my general thoughts:

Shel: THERE IS SOME FUCKERY GOING ON. <-- and that about sums it up. For real. Who do I trust? I already felt suspicious of the way 3 of the 4 characters were acting in Snapped and this book just solidified it for me. Friends not being very friendly, deception, and discomfort--these are all ways I'
Victoria
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

*Thank you to the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for a honest review.

Again, I had the same problem. IT ENDED TOO FAST.

More trouble is brewing in the lovers’ paradise.

Charlie’s life gets really complicated in SHADE from all directions. Be it the strange messages the love of her life is getting, the weird vibe Reagan is giving, the sudden news with Lara and finally, a seemingly-normal study session with Nate turns out to be trouble.

Thoug
Rhiannon St. Clair
Apr 07, 2015 Rhiannon St. Clair rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-in-15
**I received an ebook ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

Shade continues right where Snapped left off. Now, because this is a series, I don't want to put much about the plot itself in here. So, no details from here on out with my reviews, but I will say that the plot flowed smoothly between the first book and this one, and Allison did a good job of making sure the details were seamless.

Allison kept me guessing throughout this portion. I had a few ideas for who the deceased me
Amanda (Fandomly Bookish)
Shade is the second installment of The Snapped series. This is the part where things are building up, problems and dramas popping out, trust issues and more and more you question the intention of the people surrounding Charlie. Just like Snapped, Shade is only over a hundred pages and I really can’t divulge much from it because most of the events that happened here are quite big moments of the story.

I’m quite frustrated with Charlie’s character because of some decisions that she made in this ins
Lelia Taylor
Dec 04, 2014 Lelia Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-reviews
Shade opens at Week 3 and covers three weeks. Lara is now working for Nate in the family bar and clams up when Charlie asks how things are going. Why all the mystery?

I appreciate Charlie’s self-deprecation. Here’s a girl who attracted and still holds the attention of a hot-looking football player who could easily have any girl he wants but she’s full of insecurities. She can’t pull off sexy texting and gets squirmy when football groupies hang on Slade. It’s kind of nice to see a golden girl who
Danielle Middleton
arc provided In exchange for an honest review
Normally I don't like novellas. I'm a fast reader and blaze through them quicker than you can say the title. But with the first two books of the snapped series that changed. Sure I read them fast but it wasn't because it was a short read it was because I couldn't put the Damn things down. And trust me i tried. I have a life you know. Between the complete mystery starting from the first pages and the hints being thrown at you it keeps you engaged throu
Tina Harris
Nov 17, 2014 Tina Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Book 2 picks up right where book 1 left off. We are getting to know the characters more. We are beginning to see flaws in each other. The story is building more and more as to who is dead and who did it?

Shade and Charlie seem to be having issues come between. If it is not a strange text on Shade’s phone then it is a simple touch from Nate when he is helping Charlie study. But it is causing Shade and Charlie to doubt each other.

Then throw in Reagan who is showing more of herself. She see
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
In this part we get some character development and again it is strange. Ketley does a great job of making you think everyone is up to something. The plot really thickens now with odd actions and comments here and there. Slade and Charlie are beginning to suffer due to the press and fans always in their face and questioning their relationship. It doesn't help that there are random texts and odd interactions with Slade and friends and not to mention the tension with Nate and Charlie. Slade and ...more
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog

This Snapped series may cause me to SNAP!!! Good Gracious, I just need some damn answers!!! Who the hell did what?? At this point I am accusing everyone, everybody seems guilty to me, right now. Except maybe Nate, because I am totally falling for him ;)

So, Shade picks up right where Snapped left off, thank goodness. In Shade we are told more of Charlie and Slade’s story. But still not enough!!! And I have come to despise Raegan!! And to be honest, I am a little suspicious of Slade and L
books are love
Nov 17, 2014 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this picks up where the first book ends but the intrigue and drama ratchets up. Trusts issues arise with Charlie and her boyfriend over things that normally wouldn’t effect them. Laura starts to act odd and falls in love and begins to question charlie and her intentions with others. Regan shows her true self and it gets Charlie questioning her and her motives. Meanwhile Nate helps Charlie and it gets her boyfriend wondering about her.

All this leads to a fight that has Charlie reeling and wonderi
Lisa
Dec 30, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-digital
SHADE by Ketley Allison is the second book in her Snapped series. reviews are going to get more and more difficult to wriute in order to remain spoiler free but let me tell you... Things are starting to crack. Trust is becoming a valued commodity that is in short supply, lust is taking over lives, betrayal, doubt... you name it.

Beginning in week 3 prior to the murder and ending in week 5 we are teased with pieces of the back story and begin to start forming our own guesses on what's going on. I
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Okay, so the first one might have been slow, but this was.. oh, shitstorm! And there are even more parts to go before this really blows up. Dying to know what else Ketley Allison has thought up before it comes to the murder!

As in the review:
Now, things really got into motion. Charlie's first suspicions about Raegan's true motives, her attraction to Nate despite her love for Slade. My suspicion for Lara held, because she was in the spotlight next to Slade although Char should've been. Instead, Ch
Karine
So shade starts where snapped finishes off, which means no time overlap or missing key time points in the story.

Truthful I still I little unsure about this series. The story is gripping enough to keep reading but nothing major is really standing out. The story at this point is moving along nicely, if however I little slow for my liking.

The characters are interesting enough and are starting to show their true colours. Some of them were a bit of a surprise at what they say and do and others not so
Vivian Nieves
Aug 01, 2016 Vivian Nieves rated it really liked it
Alrighty, Shade, book 2 in this series has definitely drawn me in more so than Snapped. In this book, the plot begins to thicken and I am questioning the actions/motives of every character for 1 reason or another!
In this book, Charlie seems to be learning that, trust is a 2 way street and she needs to burn some of the bridges. I kind of feel sprry for her, because she is having troubles with many if not all of the people in her life. What should she do? Who should she trust? Will she fail when
Chanpreet
Dec 16, 2014 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh the revelations! Just when I thought I knew what was going on, this series got even better. Things are topsy-turvey, but I'm not happy with where things are going with Charlie. It seems all is not well in paradise. Charlie is facing battles from all sides; school, friends, her boyfriend, and it's no longer clear who is showing their true face. Once again I was anxious about what I saw developing between all the characters. And I once again read this installment in an hour. I'm really starting ...more
Juletta Gilge
Dec 02, 2015 Juletta Gilge rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
**Copy provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

After the first book, I was curious, but this one stepped up and brought some more action, intrigue, and a crazy psycho ginger. I liked getting to know all the characters better, even though it was a quick read, the author did a great job of packing all the details needed in.

Can't wait for the next one!
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

This second installment continues on from the first.

It seems to speed up in this book and there is alot more going on, with more twists and turns.

I feel like there is a guessing game here and you think its one person only to change your mind as you read on.

I cannot wait to read the next book to see what happens next.
wendy Shelton
Jan 27, 2015 wendy Shelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** obsessed by books arc given for an honest review * * *
this starts off were the first one stopped. we see the lives of Char,Reagan,and Lara mesh together and how Nate becomes involved. we also see some of the struggles that Slade and Char experience. I still feel like jealously is going to play big role in this story. can't wait for book 3
Rachel Billingham
oh my my my the second instalment was amazeballs i loved it and now i am trying patiently to wait for no 3 but man it's hard lol
Debbie
Mar 28, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
**FULL REVIEW WILL APPEAR ON BOOK SEVEN RELEASE**

Snippets, hints, clues! just enough to make you think!
Kirsty Vizard
Kirsty Vizard rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Grace
3.5 stars, review to follow.
Write Divas
Write Divas rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
meltem
meltem rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
7190347
Ketley Allison began her creative career by writing books as birthday presents for her friends (with her friend as the main character and opposite a super sexy lead, of course) before ending it in order to walk down a path she thought she was supposed to follow.

The writing bug never left her—and, in fact, would often bleed into the official papers she was supposed to write—so now Ketley’s putting
More about Ketley Allison...

Snapped (7 books)
  • Snapped (Snapped #1)
  • SIN (The Snapped Novella Series Book 3)
  • SACRED (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 4)
  • SUSPECT (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 5)
  • SURRENDER (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 6)
  • STAY (The Snapped Novella Series, Part 7)