The Long Road Home (A Place Called Home Series #3)

The Long Road Home (Place Called Home #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,355 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"She can't be dead!" the young pastor cried as he looked down at the still, white face of his new bride. Blinded by bitterness, Paul Cameron leaves his church and flees to a logging camp deep in the north woods of Wisconsin. There he wrestles with his loss--unable to get Corrine out of his mind and unwilling to make peace with God.

When a falling tree crushes his legs, Paul...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1991)

Chrystal
Like other Lori Wick novels, 'The Long Road Home' is a sweet story of loss, pain, love, family, faith, hope, and personal struggle. At first I felt the book was almost too 'sweet' to relate to; but I think that is because I've read some heavy or intense books lately and this was such a contrast. I understand what grief is like and I felt the author barely hinted at the reality of emotions of grief; but perhaps to enjoy the story, keeping that in the background is safer.

I liked the characters' p...more
Betsy
Jan 25, 2009 Betsy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
An old favorite.
Karen & Gerard
Mar 26, 2008 Karen & Gerard rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of Christian fiction
Recommended to Karen & Gerard by: Amazon
This Christian fiction book is a quick read and yet has some depth to it. It's the third of the "Place Called Home" series and I think the best. It gives insight into feelings when one loses a spouse and shows two opposite ways of handling it.

Paul Cameron was a Pastor who got angry at God for letting his spouse die so left the ministry. On the other hand, Abby, a pastor's wife, accepted her spouse's death as God's will and relied on Him for strength and comfort. Although predictably, Paul and A...more
Jaclynn
The last in a 3 part series. Silas is a man of God and soon marries a young lady, they both desire to serve Him together but an unexpected turn of events quickly changes that leaving Silas bitter and broken and wanting nothing to do with his Christian family who only wants to help him. Could the answer be a young dedicated nurse who is also going through some struggles of her own?
Judine
While it's Lori Wick's classic style, I can't agree with the premise of how quickly it all happens. I think it would have been better as two books -- one where Paul and Abby meet and come to terms with their respective losses, and one where they fall in love and marry. Having them remarry within a year of the tragic deaths of their spouses felt REALLY forced.
Margaret
Oct 19, 2007 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: christian women
Once again Lori Wick is able to tell the same thing in a completely different story. Love, Loss, Death, Love, Loss, Death, Love, Loss, Forgiveness, God, Love, Marriage, Future. It's all there once again. Amazing salvation stories and all. Lori Wick - my antidepressant.
Teresa Snyder
Another good Lori Wick book. This one was better than boom two. I disagree with some of the reviews I've read saying it was to sweet. There was death, anger, a kidnaping, etc. not sure how you would call it too sweet. Moving on to the forth and final book in the series.
Margaret

Kelly/shawn
Jun 22, 2007 Kelly/shawn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone looking for an easy read
This series is good... intriguing enough to keep me reading. But it lacks something.. I am not sure what- it doesn't grip me until the very end. It is just an easy enjoyable read that is at times thought provoking.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Love and loss change people. Paul Cameron never thought his life could change so rapidly.

Time Period: 1889
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Reviewed from a personal copy.
Becky
This was not my favorite of this series. I agree with the review that said that they should have made 2 books out of it.
Lisa M.
I love this series....I haven't read it in a long time, so it was nice to revisit it!
Shannon
When death comes only the Lord can heal the broken heart.
Lyndi
a little too predictable, but decent read.
Jan
Number 3 of 4 on my Aunt Rainey assingment.
Erika
It's been a while, but I love all her books...
Partridge Public
Amanda
Aug 22, 2011 Amanda added it
it is so romantic
Kirsten Gerlywich
Kirsten Gerlywich is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sara R.
Sara R. is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2014
Oksana Gantukh
Oksana Gantukh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • Drums of Change: The Story of Running Fawn
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • A Lady of Hidden Intent (Ladies of Liberty, #2)
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)