Start by marking “Business by the Book: The Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  14 reviews
What would happen if you made your business decisions by the book? "By the Bible that is."

This updated version of the best-selling "Business by the Book "offers radical principles of business management that go beyond the Ten Commandments and other biblical maxims.

"Business by the Book "is a step-by-step presentation of how businesses should be run according to the Creator
Published January 3rd 2006 by Nelson Business (first published November 30th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Business by the Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Business by the Book

Jen Justice
If you are a Christian and own a business or are considering starting a business, you need to read this book. I consider myself a very conscientious person with high integrity and yet I was challenged and convicted by the stories Burkett tells of Christian business men and women making extremely difficult choices for their businesses to honor God and choose His ways and not the world's. Many of the principles he outlines sound familiar and expected, but when put in context of actual situations, ...more
Michelle
Apr 20, 2009 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Michelle by: Robert Owens
Excellent book on running a truly godly business.

I once worked for a man who, at the annual Christmas party, said, "This is God's company." Every other business day this man was surly, threatening, deplorable. I don't think anyone liked working for him. What a mockery of what a godly company should be. I once entertained the idea of slipping this book onto his desk. I didn't have the guts to actually do it though... after all he had threatened to cut off my fingers and make me eat them if I misp
Adam
Business books are a dime a dozen. This is one that was required reading for my MBA course work, and it delivers on it's promise. Burkett lays out some very simple philosophy: treat people right and good things happen for you.
Jimmy
Excellent book on how businesses should be run.
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Velen van ons zijn werkzaam in het bedrijfsleven; een aantal heeft een eigen zaak of bekleedt een managementpositie in een onderneming. Hoe ga als christen op maandag tot en met zaterdag om met allerlei praktische aspecten van zakendoen, omgang met medewerkers, besteding van geld en het afleggen van verantwoording? Larry Burkett opent de Bijbel en beschrijft radicale, eeuwenoude principes voor het dagelijks leven van ondernemers en managers, laat zien waarom ‘menselijke inzettingen’ die afwijken ...more
Ginger
Jun 23, 2008 Ginger rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all entrepreneurs
This book was much better than I anticipated. A thorough, easy-to-read book on all aspects of running a fair, ethical, business with many real-life examples of both good and poor choices. This book truly demonstrates how to run a business God's way, putting people first, and with biblical principles about honesty, debt, paying your vendors, and investment and expansion. Mr. Burkett has got me to focus more on investing in and treating right my co-workers, not just my clients.
Ken Lawrence

I read this with a small group in my church and it provoked some interesting conversations about what it means to be a Christian as a business owner, employer, employee, partner. It was especially helpful since I work in the political arena where "the end justifies the means" becomes a common occurrence.
Glyn Williams
Are a Christian in business? The this is a must have book for you.

Challenging and thought-provoking, and will make you think differently about how and why you do business.
Goodthelife
Gail Cavanaugh
This book contains an excellent discussion on applying th Bible to your business.
Paul Kovatch
CBMC and FCC textbooks
Joe Stout
simply marvelous.
John Reemar
John Reemar marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Ryan Hammonds
Ryan Hammonds marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Andrew Ralon
Andrew Ralon marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Wwiseo
Wwiseo marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Ifeanyi
Ifeanyi marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Mike Rabasco
Mike Rabasco marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Lanell
Lanell marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Ian Rivera
Ian Rivera marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
LaTisha
LaTisha marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Travis
Travis marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Douglas
Douglas marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
  • Descending Into Greatness
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the QBQ!
  • Rhinoceros Success
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • Earn the Right to Win: How Success in Any Field Starts with Superior Preparation
  • Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money
  • Creating Your Personal Life Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide for Designing the Life You've Always Wanted
  • It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy
  • The One-Life Solution: Reclaim Your Personal Life While Achieving Greater Professional Success
  • Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business
  • No: Why Kids--Of All Ages--Need to Hear It and Ways Parents Can Say It
  • No More Mondays: Fire Yourself -- and Other Revolutionary Ways to Discover Your True Calling at Work
  • The Making of a Leader: Recognizing the Lessons and Stages of Leadership Development
  • How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, and Live Prosperously: Based on the Proven Principles and Techniques of Debtors Anonymous
  • Money, Possessions and Eternity
  • Halftime: Changing Your Game Plan from Success to Significance
  • Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't
Larry Burkett was an American author and radio personality whose work focused on financial counseling from an evangelical Christian point of view. Burkett was born the fifth of eight children. After completing high school in Winter Garden, Florida, he entered the U.S. Air Force where he served in the Strategic Air Command.

Upon completion of his military duties, Burkett and his wife Judy returned t
More about Larry Burkett...
The Illuminati Solar Flare The Thor Conspiracy: The Seventy-Hour Countdown to Disaster Complete Financial Guide For Young Couples Debt Free Living