Start by marking “Burn Collector 13” as Want to Read:
Burn Collector 13

Burn Collector 13

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 2007

To ask other readers questions about Burn Collector 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Collector 13

I hate to love to hate Al Burian. I mean, I love to hate him and I hate it. I wish I could just hate him, but I love to hate him so much that it makes me kind of love him. And every new thing I read of his makes me fall into a deeper love/hate with him. If his books were any longer, I'd probably tip over into just hating him.
a traveling al is in his best form.

my favorite part: when al meets gunther on the train in germany. gunther of the 80s style wraparound shades persuasion. he travels to hamburg for work and back to berlin on weekends; his girlfriend of 32 years just died two days ago; his son is in the hospital, and he's got a dead end job.

al's take? "i too might wear wrap-around shades if faced with a landscape of such dimensions."
Ethan Camp
While I am not an avid reader of zines, Al Burian is probably one of my favorite authors of the medium. In #13, Burian discusses his travels to Europe and his love for the Minutemen. It has been a while, so I'll keep this short. Highly recommended.
Love Al Burian, and while his jaunts around Europe can feel a little trust fund, the writing always makes up for it. I always deeply resent people like Burian, who can go anywhere and make friends with strangers, but I love reading their stories.
Al Burian sets your brain on fire and blows your heart apart. A journalist along the lines of Zola and Balzac, but better. I'm not kidding. Give Al Burian whatever he wants.
ugh!?! where does someone get the balls to write like that.

i aspire, but fail.

he keeps my breath held till the turnn of the next page.

much love.
this is a zine
Adam added it
Jul 20, 2015
Angie added it
May 03, 2015
Kimberly Nguyen
Kimberly Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Ivan Pavlinov
Ivan Pavlinov marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Erik marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Julia Retzlaff
Julia Retzlaff marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Carrie added it
Dec 14, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Burn Collector: Collected Stories from One Through Nine Things Are Meaning Less Natural Disaster Burn Collector #14 Burn Collector 15