Start by marking “Burn Collector 13” as Want to Read:
Burn Collector 13

Burn Collector 13

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 2007

To ask other readers questions about Burn Collector 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Collector 13

Red
I hate to love to hate Al Burian. I mean, I love to hate him and I hate it. I wish I could just hate him, but I love to hate him so much that it makes me kind of love him. And every new thing I read of his makes me fall into a deeper love/hate with him. If his books were any longer, I'd probably tip over into just hating him.
emily
a traveling al is in his best form.

my favorite part: when al meets gunther on the train in germany. gunther of the 80s style wraparound shades persuasion. he travels to hamburg for work and back to berlin on weekends; his girlfriend of 32 years just died two days ago; his son is in the hospital, and he's got a dead end job.

al's take? "i too might wear wrap-around shades if faced with a landscape of such dimensions."
Ethan Camp
While I am not an avid reader of zines, Al Burian is probably one of my favorite authors of the medium. In #13, Burian discusses his travels to Europe and his love for the Minutemen. It has been a while, so I'll keep this short. Highly recommended.
Andrew
Love Al Burian, and while his jaunts around Europe can feel a little trust fund, the writing always makes up for it. I always deeply resent people like Burian, who can go anywhere and make friends with strangers, but I love reading their stories.
Joe
Al Burian sets your brain on fire and blows your heart apart. A journalist along the lines of Zola and Balzac, but better. I'm not kidding. Give Al Burian whatever he wants.
Rachael
ugh!?! where does someone get the balls to write like that.

i aspire, but fail.

he keeps my breath held till the turnn of the next page.

much love.
rebecca
this is a zine
Kimberly Nguyen
Kimberly Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Ivan Pavlinov
Ivan Pavlinov marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Julia Retzlaff
Julia Retzlaff marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Carrie
Carrie added it
Dec 14, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Burn Collector: Collected Stories from One Through Nine Things Are Meaning Less Natural Disaster Burn Collector #14 Burn Collector 15