Start by marking “The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)

The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby #1)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  6,001 ratings  ·  203 reviews
The first epic novel by George and Harold, the co-stars of Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

Oh, no! It's not enough that George and Harold have invented Captain Underpants, the greatest superhero of all time, and that they've also saved the world FIVE times! They defeated Dr. Diaper! They punished Professo
Published March 1st 2002 by Blue Sky Press (first published January 1st 2002)

Mikayla
Jul 09, 2011 Mikayla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents, teachers, elementary students
Dav Pilkey is a children's literature genius. From beginning to end, as a child I have loved the Captain Underpants series, and now reading the spin-off Super Diaper Baby, I am still brought to tears of laughter as I turn each page.

Let me begin by saying this: I read this book not solely for entertainment/recreation, but with a critical eye in the likes of suggesting children's literature to parents.

Dav is a master story-teller. It is the way he writes, the style of his illustrations and the ch
Tatiana
Before you assume I regressed to that of an eight-year-old boy's maturity level, know that I have a special eight-year-old boy in my life who begs me every night to read to him. Based on the company alone I would have rated the book five stars. But there is a lot of potty humor ("Deputy Doo-Doo") and fart jokes, and under Aspiring Teacher Quibbles, I'm placing the issue of purposefully misspelled words. Grr! I constantly trip up because I know what the word is, but it's written out how it sounds ...more
Reetta Saine
Eih. Eiiiih. EIIIIIIH enää koskaan tämmöistä!!

Vinkkaukseen.
Michele Lee
We bought this book used.

If your kids (or you) like the Captain Underpants series it's only a matter of time before you find this book. A side growth of Pilkey's much-loved series Super Diaper Baby is written in the style used to show George and Harold's comics in the Captain Underpants books, and even features a cameo from the main man himself. Outside of that this book is a 125 page poop joke.

If you couldn't handle the gross outs and juvenile jokes of the original series then avoid this one.
Kyle Turck
is the first children's graphic novel that I have ever read, and while it was a solid read and had some funny moments, I felt that the whole story and concept was quite predictable, even for a book aimed at children. This could also be because I am an avid fan of comic books, where the stories are quite a bit more intricately drawn out, but overall it was a good change of pace away from some of the other books that are out there, especially with the concept of the graphic novel really taking sh ...more
Dolly
Oct 01, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
We enjoyed reading the Captain Underpants series, so we thought we'd read this one as well. This is the first book in the Super Diaper Baby series and the book is very similar in content, style and humor as the other books.

The humor is quite juvenile and the storyline is somewhat predictable, but we all really liked it. Our girls especially like the Flip-O-Rama pages and often argue over who gets to read the book first. All in all, I find these stories to be very entertaining and perfect for ge
Kirei
This book is hilarious. I am still wiping the tears from eyes.

It is entirely in comic book form and written by two kids (although in teeny tiny print, Dav Pilkey tries to take all the credit.) The only thing I don't like is that their spelling is atrocious. I gess I am a purfekshionist.

When we finished, my son said he wants book number two. (Wait, or was this Book Number Two? Tee hee. Tee hee. You have to read the book to get the joke.) Anyway, he wants to keep giving our money to Dav Pilkey...
Julie Decker
Harold and George, comic book writers/artists extraordinaire, are punished for their ketchup-related misbehavior by being assigned an essay on good citizenship. But there's a catch! They can no longer turn in essays that are comics about Captain Underpants! No problem. They'll just write it about Super Diaper Baby instead. In their creation, Super Diaper Baby is accidentally given superpowers by falling into superpower juice, and when a deputy comes to take his powers away, he accidentally turns ...more
Gina
I read this book with my 6 year old son and it is really funny. I know that many parents may be off put by these books, but as a elementary school teacher, if there are books that make boys want to read and they are about underpants and dirty diapers then so be it! Anything to bring reluctant young boy readers into the reading community is well worth it....and they are pretty funny if I do say so myself. Let your kids read them...its ok...it won't scar them for life!
Nicola Mansfield
This was just absolutely hilarious! I loved it! Set up as one of the comics that George and Harold are always writing it starts off with the two of them getting in trouble with Mr. Krupp who assigns them an essay but tells them they cannot write one of their offensive Captain Underpants comics. Soooo, they invent a new superhero, Super Diaper Baby, and give a rollicking, laugh-out-loud comic. The whole book is written in graphic novel format and toilet humour abounds, much more so than in the Ca ...more
Jacob
I love it! Billy gets the spank of life but the doctor let go of him & Billy flew out the window. Billy drank Super Power Juice and he got super powers. At the end it was a happy ending. Such a great book. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
FAR
So far it is a very fu nny book i like this book.The baby is so better then underpants and it is so funny.I want to read this book so much more.Dav Pilkey is so fuuny i love all of his books they are so funny.
Suvi
Ehkä kaksi ja puoli hah-tähteä. Luultavasti uppoaa kakkosluokkalaisiin kakkahumoristeihin kuin veitsi voihin. Ei ehkä jokaiseen vinkkauspakettiin, mutta hätätilanteisiin.

Hih, hätätilanteisiin...
Josie
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby
By Dav Pilkey
Published by Scholastic
2002
Grades 3 to 6
Graphic Novel

The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby is a fun graphic novel that kids will enjoy reading. While some graphic novels have a wide audience of readers, Dav Pilkey specifically targets children with his humor, writing and illustration style. This does not mean adults cannot enjoy reading it as well, but I though specific parts speak directly to kids, perhaps the reluctant readers.
The story begins with
Gordon Elijah
Madison
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby, a spin-off of the Captain Underpants series, are in the style of the protagonists’, George and Harold, comic books. Introduced as “The ---- Graphic Novel by George Beard and Harold Hutchins”, it is clear that the entire book is in the style of the protagonists. The entire book is a comic about a superhero baby. The writing in these books is flawed in terms of grammar and spelling, as it is intended to mimic the writing of elementary school students. The illus ...more
Kauri Broughton
This book is a continuation on to the series of captain underpants. In this book two 4th graders are in trouble for goofing around at school. Their principal orders them to write a 100 page essay on what they did wrong and that they will stop doing it. The principal gives the two students not to write about captain underpants. They take what he says and runs with it. They decide to write about a super-powered baby that defeats enemies and can flies. Captain underpants loses his powers. the power ...more
Bruce
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby is a book overflowing with potty humor befitting the sensibilities of its supposedly nine-and-a-half and ten-year-old authors and its real target audience. It’s also laugh out loud fun for those of us who can measure our age in multiples of decades – if you’re not offended by the potty humor. If you are, the penultimate page has an offer to send the publisher a self-addressed stamped envelope, “And We’LL send you more offensive stuff.” The Flip-O-Rama animatio ...more
Elijah Farrow
The title of my book is called The Adventures Of Super Diaper Baby. It is by Dav Pilkey.I like this book. I like it because it is a funny and just a good book for kids to read. The main settings of my book is outside, and in a house.The main characters in the book is Super Diaper Baby, a turd, and Super Diaper Baby's dog. The main conflicts in the book is when this man put on a transfer helmet he wanted to transform into Super Diaper Baby's dog. But instead he transform into the dog's crap. The ...more
Amy
I say amazing because there is no greater sound then hearing your 5 year old son giggle hysterically whilst you are reading aloud the voice of Deputy Doo Doo. Run on sentence I know. There is also nothing better than seeing your 8 year old who doesn't really like to read too much, sitting quietly with an open Super Diaper Baby book, absorbing every page. It does the heart good. Thank you, Dav Pilkey!!!
Centennial 3rd
I am reading Super Diaper Baby by Dav Pilky.The characters in the story are Super Diaper Baby and Super Diaper Dog there is a bad guy that is biulding a robot.Also the stoy is in a town the bad guy is making super diaper dog do bad things. I recommend this book to people that like action.I think Dav Pilky is a good book writer and he writes other book seais that are graet.
Sandra Y.
My opinion on this book is split-obviously I'm not the target audience, so I feel a little out of my comfort zone. I feel that boys in particular would find this book interesting, there’s fighting, heroes, and the gross factor, however as I future teacher it is not a book I would recommend. The biggest issue for me was the spelling, and misuse of capital letters-I understand why it is written that way, however I feel that if you’re trying to teach how to write correctly, this book throws that ri ...more
Mckenzie Quade
I did not think that I was going to like this book at first. I have never read a graphic novel and I have never been a fan of comics so I didn't think this would be a good book. However, I was wrong! This was a very cute book and I love that the authors are young boys who made up this story! It was very creative and a typical adventure of hero vs. villain. This book would be interesting to young boys and girls. It is unrealistic that a dog and a baby could be heroes in a book, so I think that is ...more
Book Lady
I know, I know 5 stars from me? I have read 206 books in the past two years and only given a handful of 5 stars. This is genius. Pure genius. Even struggling boy readers will want to read this. I love it!
Traci David
This book is wonderful in drawing young readers into the love of reading. The one harmful thing about this book are the mis-spelled words. Not a good thing for early independent readers. Authors should be mindful of their audience.
Mya.s
Diaper baby goood book because it all about this super villan that trys to steal super powers from captain underants,And and this baby is born andand he falls out the window because his dad droped him and billly the baby thats diaper baby fell in the cup of captin under pants super powers.Then he fliers all over town. so the super villan try s to steal the babs powers bya baby crib that traports the powers to him. but his mom had to chane his and she left behind the poop on the crib,and the supe ...more
Sarita
I loved this book. My son drive me crazy for years always asking me to buy these books. Now I understand why! Great way to get your laugh in. It took me forever to read it. Awesome book! Super Funny!
Nina
I liked this book more than the other Captain Underpants book I have- Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: The Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers. Maybe it's because this book was all in comic form which made it fun to read. Come to think of it, this was like 5 Sunday comics (not colored) rolled into one, sold for about P250. Too expensive. But it was a good comic book filled with loads of humor.

I enjoyed the Flip-O-Ramas and I'm sure I enjoyed it a lo
Raevyn ~WICKED is good...right?~
I'm WAY too old for this, you know, but I liked it anyway. The Captain Underpants allusions/cameos ("remember that now") make it connected without making it an ad.
Maura
It's imaginative, but it's an irritating series. I don't care for the intentional misspellings (I can't help it, I'm an English teacher!). I also don't like the flip-scenes, but I imagine children just love them. I know that this series is fantastic for kids, but as an adult they hold little appeal for me. I'm also not sure that I'd encourage my own kids to read them.

This particular story was even stranger than the Captain Underpants Series, given that there are talking turds and toilets and st
why 4 22 Dec 24, 2013 08:26AM
  • Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #1)
  • Big Nate and Friends
  • Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1)
  • Magic Pickle
  • The Class Election from the Black Lagoon
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Neil Flambe And The Aztec Abduction: The Neil Flambe Capers #2
  • Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty
  • Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1)
  • Dragonbreath (Dragonbreath, #1)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom
  • Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve (Magic Tree House, #30)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...
The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1) Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2) The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4) Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)