Start by marking “LaVell: Airing It Out” as Want to Read:
LaVell: Airing It Out

LaVell: Airing It Out

Published February 28th 2000 by Shadow Mountain (first published February 2000)

To ask other readers questions about LaVell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LaVell

Jeremy
Oct 20, 2011 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
LaVell Edwards is a legend, he changed football for BYU forever. He transformed BYU from being an untalented, private Christian school to the big competitors they are now. LaVell's coaching style was realistic, he knew the team would not change in just one season, he knew that it would take work and patience. LaVell does not only talk about football, he also explains important aspects of leadership, family and perceptions. LaVell Edwards is a great coach and an even better man. This book will ...more
Rebecca Dean
Jan 17, 2015 Rebecca Dean rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I have done some coaching in my day and I loved reading about one of the all-time great coaches, LaVell Edwards. I love the fact that he took a personal interest in his players and that his demeanor was so interesting.

I am a big fan of Steve Young and loved reading the "Tribute" by him at the beginning of the book.

The biggest compliment I can pay Coach Edwards, is that we need more coaches like him in every sport, in every age-group of athletes.

Larsen
Dec 05, 2008 Larsen rated it really liked it
The value of patience, preparation, and optimism plus the value of horizontal leadership verses vertical leadership. LaVell loved football and competition, but always had respect and cordiality toward even his strongest competitors.
Devonee
Jan 31, 2009 Devonee rated it really liked it
I LOVE football! And I LOVE BYU football! So, I had to read this book about the man that helped make BYU football what it is. And now, I LOVE LaVell Edwards! I just wish I could coach football too. :) Oh, so for my review. . . it was a great book! Enough said. Read it for yourself
Thobbit1217 Jones
Apr 12, 2008 Thobbit1217 Jones marked it as to-read
Lavell Edwards is one of the greatest College Football coaches out there he is very admired by many coaches today and yesterday.
Jp
Jp rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2015
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Jeri Schille
Jeri Schille rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2011
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Wes
Wes rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2011
Scott Smith
Scott Smith rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Ted
Ted rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
Michael D
Michael D rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Tom Robertson
Tom Robertson rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
The Scrivener's Quill
The Scrivener's Quill rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2008
Brad Cramer
Brad Cramer rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2011
David Barney
David Barney rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2008
Kevin Dupree
Kevin Dupree rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2011
Brian
Brian added it
Apr 23, 2008
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011
Derek Maude
Derek Maude marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2012
Ted Gambles
Ted Gambles marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Burt
Burt added it
Mar 13, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Byron
Byron added it
Nov 28, 2014
Fritz Jung
Fritz Jung marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
R. LaVell Edwards (born October 11, 1930) is a former American football coach of Brigham Young University (BYU). With 257 career victories, he ranks as one of the most successful college football coaches of all time. Among his many notable accomplishments, Edwards guided BYU to a national championship in 1984 and coached Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer in 1990.

Edwards played football for Utah Stat
More about LaVell Edwards...