Start by marking “Misteri Jeritan Jam (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #9)” as Want to Read:
Misteri Jeritan Jam (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #9)

Misteri Jeritan Jam (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #9)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,015 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
"Tolong, Jupe!"

Bukan baru sekali ini Trio Detektif terjerumus dalam bahaya. Kadang-kadang mereka bisa meloloskan diri dengan membeberkan informasi, tidak kali ini. Penjahat yang menyandera Bob yakin sekali Trio Detektif tahu tempat suatu barang barharga disembunyikan, padahal kenyataannya tidak begitu.

Bagaimana Jupiter dapat menyelamatkan Bob? Ia tidak pantas menjadi penye
Published 1983 by PT Gramedia (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Jeritan Jam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Jeritan Jam

Quentin Wallace
Oct 07, 2015 Quentin Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was surprising. It started out really slow, and very formulaic. However, about halfway through it picked up and turned into one of the better Three Investigator novels.

A "screaming clock" is brought into the junkyard. Rather than an alarm sounding, this clock screams. This puzzles the boys, and it goes on from there. We do have another teenage boy introduced, but this time hes from Cali just like the other boys, so no exotic cultures this time. Also, the villains are amped up a bit, jus
Weni
Sep 29, 2009 Weni rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood
Membaca lagi buku ini setelah lewat bertahun-tahun :D

Kisahnya diawali dengan ditemukannya jam weker yang bunyinya menjerit oleh Jupe. Lalu ada pesan yang menyertai jam itu. Pesan dari Albert Clock sang pemilik jam menjerit untuk Rex, agar bertanya pada Imogene, Gerald dan Martha. Ketiganya ternyata mendapatkan pesan yang berbeda dari Albert Clock.

Pesan kepada Imogene:
It's quiet there even in a hurricane
Just a word of advice, politely given
Old english bowmen loved it
Bigger than a raindrop, smalle
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Jupiter comes across a clock that screams-which leads the three investigators to a set of mysterious messages and another exciting mystery. This was a very enjoyable read. I didn't quite figure out what the puzzles (except one set) might turn out to be and even the puzzle leading to the denouement was very well done. This has to be my favourite in this series so far.
Eva
Aug 15, 2012 Eva rated it liked it
+ceritanya berawal dr hal kecil-hal biasa saja, berkembang mengikuti imajinasi Jupe dan mengawali petualangan Trio Detektif. seringnya anak-anak (berdasarkan ingatan saya spt sebagaimana anak2 seharusnya) selalu memulai imajinasinya dari ordinary thing.. mereka mengasah kemampuan berimajinasi dengan mengikuti permainan pikiran dan menciptakan petualangan..
+ini merupakan satu theme 'teka-teki'
-sayang, pengisahan-nya agak kurang mengajak pembaca menjadi bagian dari cerita Trio Detektif. saya cek d
Elizabeth Milton
Apr 29, 2014 Elizabeth Milton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not typically a reader of mysteries, and especially not a reader of Alfred Hitchcock or anything remotely resembling horror / fear. But this series was introduced to me by my older brother. He had a couple of old copies from this series (published in 1969) laying around, and passed them down to my sons. I read this one to sort of get the "feel" for the series, and found it clever. Although the title denotes inclusion of Alfred Hitchcock, the author is actually Robert Arthur. Alfred Hitchcock ...more
Kavya
Sep 22, 2014 Kavya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book. Amazing plot. The narration unleashes the plot in a way that keeps you involved all through till the end. The last but not the least their re-encounter with the greatest opponent, the three investigators ever dealt with.
As in all other cases Jupiter digs into practically harmless things to come up with a case that ends up being so interesting that one is forced to read the book in one go. Though the clock initially seems harmless and normal to the other two investigators but over t
Ira Book Lover
Mar 09, 2016 Ira Book Lover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saya masih ingaaat...sudah lebih dari 1 dekade dan saya masih ingat.

Terakhir saya membabat habis koleksi Trio Detektif di perpustakaan sekolah waktu SMP kelas 1. Saya masih ingat bagaimana misteri ini terkuak. Waktu itu saya menganggap cerita misteri jeritan jam ini keren sekali.

Jadi ceritanya adalah Jupiter dan kawan-kawan menemukan jam beker bekas. Saat dibunyikan, jam nya menjerit nyaring menyeramkan. Jupiter penasaran, kenapa ada orang yang mau-maunya membuat jam yang bisa menjerit seperti i
Mark
2009 review - I had it in my head that this and “Talking Skull” are the weakest Arthur books but, upon re-reading this as an adult, I don’t think that’s the case. Certainly, it’s not as sensational as the other stories and sticks resolutely close to home (coming off of the Varania trip), but it’s a solid mystery, showing the boys detecting skills perfectly, though the story itself relies quite heavily on chance. Characterisation is good - it’s nice to see Hugenay again after “Stuttering Parrot” ...more
Raja99
Mar 11, 2013 Raja99 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why I Reread This Book: I'm on an ongoing Three Investigators kick.

Goodreads says I rated this three stars on 2007-09-11. Rereading it now, I think it deserves much better; I'd probably rate it 9/10. It starts with Jupiter Jones finding a surprising item among the incoming salvage at his family business and builds quickly from there, without too many false leads. Granted, it takes a while to get all the pieces in place, and the three investigators themselves don't interact as much as they might,
Jennifer Daniel
I absolutely LOVED this series as a kid! Still fun to read as an adult. But of course I have never really grown up. My favorite of the 3 Investigators was always Jupiter Jones. I think I identified with him because he was a fat kid. It really shows the time (late 60's) when this book was written. Kids largely unsupervised, being made to do manual labor by adults, getting into cars and homes with strangers. I'm surprised some one hasn't tried to get them banned.
Cathy Farlow
Aug 04, 2014 Cathy Farlow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read these as a kid and really liked them. Surprisingly, they stood the test of time and are still good books. Excellent for kids. They are similar to Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys but I liked this series better.
Taylor
Feb 02, 2016 Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
I think that it was cool how a screaming clock could lead to a mystery. I also was excited to read how a bad guy helped a innocent man and helped this time to solve the mystery. (He had some good in him.)
Mark
Dec 25, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had it in my head that this and “Talking Skull” are the weakest Arthur books but, upon re-reading this as an adult, I don’t think that’s the case. Certainly, it’s not as sensational as the other stories and sticks resolutely close to home (coming off of the Varania trip), but it’s a solid mystery, showing the boys detecting skills perfectly, though the story itself relies quite heavily on chance. Characterisation is good - it’s nice to see Hugenay again after “Stuttering Parrot” (and it’s a sh ...more
Sri Wali
Mar 23, 2016 Sri Wali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i must read this to improve my skill in english
Siddharth Dhakad
The first three investigator books I read :)
Nadja A.
Mar 12, 2016 Nadja A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Spannende Rätsel.
Hugo
Oct 07, 2013 Hugo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these Three Investigators books when I was a kid (growing up in England, they had the almost-contemporary American allure that was missing from similar Enid Blyton adventures), so when I found this on a friend's bookshelves while staying over one weekend, I could not resist rereading it late at night (though not, unfortunately, under the covers with a torch).

This is a grand adventure: just enough action and fright to be believable, and with a solid case of clues and deduction to work on.
Robert Stewart
Feb 11, 2013 Robert Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic that really stands up to the test of time. The second story with Huganay, who tries to double-cross the boys at the end but is a good sport when his plans fall through. Both the stories involving Huganay have the boys chasing after paintings through cryptic messages from dead men. I reread this story last week and still love it. I think it was the last of the Robert Arthur stories that I got my hands on. The first one I read by the original author was Vanishing Treasure.
Jan 29, 2016 Laura marked it as cataloged  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-series
three investigators
Jessica
Jun 01, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: my mom
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Lance
Aug 12, 2008 Lance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a wonderful one for kids. The Hitchcock character only does what amounts to cameos, and sometimes, if I remember correctly, doesn't even show up at all. The ones about the Mexican bandit and the Spider stand out in my mind and I remember them quite well. Overall, they were all fun to read.
Cory
Oct 19, 2013 Cory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Going on a bit of a nostalgia kick. Man, I remember loving this book, and many of the others, when I was a kid. It's so much simpler than I remembered it being! Although I did remember the solution to the riddles...
Michelle Polk
An interesting mystery. My children enjoyed reading it.

It starts out as one story and winds it way around and around to come back to the original story. Any details and I would give the plot away.
Piotr
chyba najciekawsza, po zagadce jąkającej się papugi, odsłona przygód. Mamy tu szyfry, dziwne zagadki prowadzące jedna do drugiej, tajemnice, gangi, przestępców, ciekawe łamigłówki... świetne.
Kolan
May 08, 2012 Kolan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best childhood series I read starting in the fourth grade. The best of the so called "syndicate Books" Reading them now brings back the memories and pleasure I had when reading them as a child.
Julie
Dec 31, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Je me souviens avoir acheté ce livre sur un marché pendant les vacances et avoir préféré rester dans ma chambre à le lire plutôt que d'aller à la plage. Je l'avais tout simplement dévoré!
Chris
Mar 25, 2012 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I said this before about this series. I love references made in the stories about local places in the Hollywood vicinty. Very nostalgic.
Andreas Aris
Jan 10, 2013 Andreas Aris rated it really liked it
Another mystery and detective novel I like. I read it long long time ago, when I was at Junior Hight School. It's entertaining book. Really!
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)