Start by marking “Little Critter Storybook Collection” as Want to Read:
Little Critter Storybook Collection

Little Critter Storybook Collection (Little Critter)

This new collection features seven of your favorite Little Critter stories! Join Little Critteras he enters the school science fair, builds his own growing machine, trains for a big race, enjoys a snowy day, becomes the captain of a tugboat, drives a dump truck, and spends a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. When Little Critter is your friend, even the most ordinary day ca ...more
Published July 5th 2005 by HarperFestival (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Little Critter Storybook Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Critter Storybook Collection

Wench
Jan 17, 2017 Wench rated it liked it
Shelves: baby-of-wench, 2017
We got this for Baby of Wench for Christmas because zie looooooves the other "critter book", as it is called, and tbh kind of regretting that because oh god we have read so much "new critter book" I can't even.

Also I have *so many questions* about Critterville. Why does the bowling alley have a "no bare feet" sign, but nobody in the grocery store or theatre or on the sidewalk is wearing shoes? Why does it look like computers and video games were dropped in to a 50s small-town fantasyland? Why do
Tamra
Jan 03, 2011 Tamra rated it liked it
Recommends it for: kids
We owned a bunch of these when I was little, and I realized that I didn't own any for my own kids! So last year I asked my parents for a good collection or two of Little Critter books.

This one contains:
Bye-Bye, Mom and Dad
Good for Me and You
Just a Tugboat
Just a School Project
Just a Dump Truck
Just a Snowman
Just Big Enough

They're delightful and my boys love them. My 6-year-old will sit down and read them all over and over. I think it's great that he can read them by himself, and he thinks it's gre
Meredith
Mar 26, 2009 Meredith rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
I agree with another reviewer who said that reading these stories helps her see the frustrating things her children do in persepective by reminding her how a child views everything. AMEN!

Another wonderful collection of Little Critter stories. My favorites are "Bye Bye, Mom and Dad," "Just a Snowman," and "Just a School Project." The "Just a Tugboat" and "Just a Dump Truck" stories are good too, but I think the "imagination" format gets a little old. My favorite Little Critter stories are the one
Karen
Jul 03, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
I think that Little Critter must be somewhere between four and six years old, because my four-and-a-half year old "little critter" acts an awful lot like this one.

The genius of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter books is that he takes ordinary, everyday situations and he shows them from the point of view of a young child. That sounds easy to do, but it's not. That's why kids like the books. That, for and the peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

As a mom and a dubious adult, I laugh out loud at these
Thebruce1314
Sep 08, 2012 Thebruce1314 rated it really liked it
We got this book because my husband said he remembered reading it as a child....I remember them existing, but I don't remember the stories. In any case, it's a cute book - I love collections like this! Simple stories with big, bright pictures. Glad we found it!
Kelly
Jun 10, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Read everyone of the 'Little Critter' books to my baby brother when he was younger. They were great books and I can't wait to read them to my own children someday!
Laurie
Jun 18, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it
I have always loved Mercer Mayer books. They always help me to put the frustrating things with raising kids in perspective through humor and also help me see through the eyes of a child.
Jenmikesmith
Nov 16, 2016 Jenmikesmith rated it it was amazing
I love reading Little Critter books to my kids and kids I babysit.
Kimberly Montalbano
Kimberly Montalbano rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Tauna
Tauna rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Susi Prola
Susi Prola rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2013
Nicholas B
Nicholas B rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Brigitte
Brigitte rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
venkata uday bhaskar nori
venkata uday bhaskar nori rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2017
Coreen
Coreen rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Amanda_DJ n' Zac rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Kassie
Kassie rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Gus
Gus rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Candice
Candice rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2016
Kikiliu
Kikiliu rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Hillary Beecher
Hillary Beecher rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2011
Krista West
Krista West rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Too Much Stuff!
  • Curious George and the Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears' Funny Valentine
  • Something Else
  • Mole Music (Reading Rainbow Books)
  • The BIG Blue Book of Beginner Books
  • Mouseton Abbey: The Missing Diamond
  • Russell and the Lost Treasure
  • It's Time to Sleep, My Love
  • Little Miss Christmas
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Me Too! (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad