Start by marking “Dora's Pirate Adventure (Dora the Explorer)” as Want to Read:
Dora's Pirate Adventure (Dora the Explorer)

Dora's Pirate Adventure (Dora the Explorer)

Dora and her friends are putting on a pirate play. But the Pirate Piggies have stolen their costume chest thinking it's full of treasure! Will Dora and her friends be able to get their costumes back? Find out in this exciting pirate adventure!
Published January 6th 2005 by Simon Spotlight/Nickelodeon (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dora's Pirate Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dora's Pirate Adventure

Sarah Adamson
Sep 24, 2015 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Another re read.

My daughter loved this when she was younger and still enjoyed it again now, reading it to her younger visitor. A fun pirate tale with a happy ending and no nastiness. We love the silly singing Bridge. Wish they had given it a second song in the book like they did in the TV episode.
Sarah Adamson
My daughter really enjoys this book based on the tv episode of the same name. It has some great moments including travelling across the 7 seas and the addictive singing moment where Isa turns the wheel - turn the wheel Isa! However I also agree that shouting to get the treasure back was not great manners!
Not a bad choice for a book in this genre. Its interactive format keeps kids engaged.
Jan 18, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequencing, dora
This Dora book is reflective (obviously) of the television series. This book depicts Dora, Diego and Boots on the hunt for their costume treasure chest. In typical Dora fashion there is a problem, followed by a sequence of tasks to be completed before reaching the final destination. The book can be used to teach sequencing as well as introduce the "7 Seas" and some schema of pirates. But I would have to say that I think the songs that are on the television shows should also be incorporate into t ...more
Jun 26, 2008 Andy rated it it was amazing
(The five-star rating is from Andy; the following review is by Sarah.)

What can I say? A Dora book. This one contains the silly version of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with the alternative ending "Life is but a bowl of spaghetti!" We've sung that version many, many times.

I am eagerly awaiting the day when Andy decides he is too old for Dora books.
Melissa Sommer
Oct 24, 2011 Melissa Sommer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This story was about Dora trying to get to pirate island. I liked how the kids can get involved with this book by helping Dora solve problems. I also like how the Dora books include Spanish in the text for the kids to learn. The kids may not learn Spanish from reading these books, but it will get them familiar with these words.
Skylar Burris
Feb 17, 2008 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
As vapid as I find these television character books, my children love them, and I have to admit this one was not only good at holding the interest of BOTH of them, but it made them "interact" with the story. I do enjoy saying "pirate piggies" at least.
Jun 20, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
We haven't really watched any of the Dora shows, but we enjoyed this book enough that we may give em a try. Interactive, with problems to solve. Spanish words thrown into build vocabulary. Bright illustrations and fun story.
Sep 26, 2012 Brandi rated it liked it
This book is very interacting. It makes the kids count and sing out loud. It asks the children questions on what to look for, so they can be involved. This book is great for imagination!
Jan 04, 2010 Tasha rated it liked it
My kids really like this book. It's okay, I guess. I'm not really into it, but since they like it so well I gave it a 3.
Jan 31, 2010 Tammy rated it it was ok
My daughter loves Dora and always picks at least one from the library. These books are almost as bad as the TV show.
Jan 07, 2012 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical cheesydora/Diego Stephen liked it for the pirate theme though
Deana Pittman
Jul 26, 2012 Deana Pittman rated it really liked it
Abbi gives this one 4 stars...she said it was "pretty awesome."
Rahmah Meligy
Rahmah Meligy rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Shital Choudhary
Shital Choudhary rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Lori added it
Aug 03, 2016
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Carolina Godinez
Carolina Godinez rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Lenni rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
daisy madina
daisy madina rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Esquivelkiddos rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Amber added it
May 16, 2016
Kellie rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Merrilee rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Katharine Keogh
Katharine Keogh rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
EDM added it
Mar 13, 2016
Karen Robinson
Karen Robinson rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016