Start by marking “The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000: The Book” as Want to Read:
The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000: The Book

The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000: The Book

Born in 1950, the 2000 Year Old Man was created by Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner. Now with the turn of the century upon us, the 2000 Year Old Man is ready to address his loyal legions and convert an audience of new ones. He attempts to do so in this text.
Published October 7th 1998 by Harper Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1961)

To ask other readers questions about The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000

Matt
Feb 28, 2015 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute little book filled with hammy jokes and bad puns. I love that kind of stuff so I really liked it. If you're into Mel Brooks' other comedy or if you've seen or heard the sketch this book is based on, you will probably like it (you may also already heard some of this book, as many of the jokes seem to be recycled from the sketch). This made a great bus read, it's easy to pick up and put down, and sometimes the jokes are side-splitters. I can even hear Mel Brooks' voice and that thic ...more
Mike
Sep 21, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it
I first read this book when I was around eleven or so, and it was the funniest book I had ever read. Pretty sure I reread it a couple of times just that year. I've flipped through it recently and it isn't as laugh-out-loud funny to me now as it was back then, but this was such a huge thing for me back then I just have to give it four stars.
Dave Peticolas
May 10, 2014 Dave Peticolas rated it liked it

This is a collection of a famous comedy bit by Brooks and Reiner. It's funny, but I suspect it's funnier when done live.

Glenn Hammer
Glenn Hammer rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2010
Anome
Anome rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2007
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dan Eggleston
Dan Eggleston rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Maurie Giustini
Maurie Giustini rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2016
Neal Oza
Neal Oza rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Gayl Catt
Gayl Catt rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
David
David rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2011
Meg
Meg rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2011
Aymé Vega
Aymé Vega rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Bookfairy
Bookfairy rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Sean Jarvis
Sean Jarvis rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2008
Jim Reindollar
Jim Reindollar rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Rob Young
Rob Young rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Angus MacHaggis
Angus MacHaggis rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Christian
Christian rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
John Bruni
John Bruni rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Seth Fontaine
Seth Fontaine rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2012
Jake
Jake rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2009
Sean Meagher
Sean Meagher rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2016
James Tripp
James Tripp rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Steve Puma
Steve Puma rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mel Brooks (born "Melvin Kaminsky") is an American multi-award winning director, writer, composer, lyricist, comedian, actor and producer best known as a creator of broad film farces and comedy parodies.

Brooks is a member of the short list of entertainers with the distinction of having won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony award.
More about Mel Brooks...