Poisoned Tarts (Savannah Reid, #13)

Poisoned Tarts (A Savannah Reid Mystery #13)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  544 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Halloween in Southern California just doesn't have the frosty bite Savannah's used to, although her latest job promises chills aplenty. The Skeleton Key Three, a celebutante clique so named by the media because of their super-skinny figures and fat trust funds, are in the spotlight again-but this time, it's for something more than partying. It seems the one member of the T...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published 2008)

Jann
Cute book. Love the main character Savannah Reid. She is a middle aged women a little overweight, a little sarcastic, loves to cook and take care of people. A lot like me.
Michelle
A fun read - feeding my hunger for a good mystery.
Kat
Kris
First time reading a mystery. Thought I would be able to solve it. Ha. Ha. I had no clue. Bummed about that. But still interesting
Ktouton
I recently re-read this book. I had just finished a book that was very draining (The Great Santini). This book was a great palate cleanse. The subject matter, a missing teenage girl, is not very light material. Overall, it is still a pretty darn good book.
Cara
Not my favorite in the series. I missed Tammy in this one.
The 'big clue' in the story annoyed me. I don't want to give anything away, but that is not how library computers work. At least they don't in our system, and thank goodness for that!
Patricia
I liked this book. all of the characters were there and this book included her grandmother who raised her. It had a missing girl and a murder. I will be looking forward to her next book. I have now caught up with the series.
Cathleen
Same light escapism as the rest of the series, but loses points for underuse of supporting characters and (more egregiously) for hanging a climactic plot revelation on an erroneous understanding of library computer policies.
Debra Keesee
I love this author! When I start to read her books, for some reason, I just can't put them down. Last night I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just to finish the book.
Stephanie
This is the first book I have read by this author. I will have to make a point to read more since I really enjoyed it. A good story with an unexpected ending. Great for summertime!!
Deborah
Another great mystery with the Moonlight Magnolia detective agency gang.
A missing teenage girl, spoiled rich brats and murder all combine for a great mystery read.
Christine
Halloween came with a big bang and murder seems even scarier for some reason. Coffins and cages oh my! I really enjoyed this book from start to finish- it kept me going.
Kit Cat
I picked this book up just to give the series a try, and I really enjoyed the mystery. I will be adding more of this series to my collection soon!
Ivy
I have really enjoyed reading this series...this one was as good as the others in the series. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Susan
Savannah stories are usually good reads but her down home southern stories about her grannie grate on me after a bit.
Sunday Collins
Oh i loved this book its such a great mystery!it keeps you guessing till the end
Diane Davis
Great book... I think I read it a long time ago but I don't really remember.
Marta
Yet another book I'm impatiently waiting for!
Dee Haddrill
Best book in the series!!! So far....
Rebecca
A fun murder mystery. (3.5 stars)
E
Another mystery series--fun books!
E Goldberg
Nice light reading.
Katie
Light and funny.
Shari
Book 13
Geoffrey Peters
Geoffrey Peters marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3)
  • Corpse on the Cob (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #5)
  • Bitter Harvest (Orchard, #5)
  • Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder (Pizza Lovers, #2)
  • English Tea Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #17)
  • Turn Up the Heat (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #3)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery #2)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • April Fool Dead (Death on Demand, #13)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci...more
More about G.A. McKevett...
Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery #1) Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8) Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery #2) Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10) A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)