Start by marking “ Poisoned Tarts (Savannah Reid, #13)” as Want to Read:
 Poisoned Tarts (Savannah Reid, #13)

Poisoned Tarts (A Savannah Reid Mystery #13)

Halloween in Southern California just doesn't have the frosty bite Savannah's used to, although her latest job promises chills aplenty. The Skeleton Key Three, a celebutante clique so named by the media because of their super-skinny figures and fat trust funds, are in the spotlight again-but this time, it's for something more than partying. It seems the one member of the T ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Poisoned Tarts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisoned Tarts

Aug 13, 2008 Jann rated it liked it
Cute book. Love the main character Savannah Reid. She is a middle aged women a little overweight, a little sarcastic, loves to cook and take care of people. A lot like me.
Sep 06, 2008 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
A fun murder mystery. (3.5 stars)
Sep 22, 2008 Susan rated it liked it
Savannah stories are usually good reads but her down home southern stories about her grannie grate on me after a bit.
Nov 08, 2010 Cara rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2010
Not my favorite in the series. I missed Tammy in this one.
The 'big clue' in the story annoyed me. I don't want to give anything away, but that is not how library computers work. At least they don't in our system, and thank goodness for that!
Sep 23, 2009 Ivy rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed reading this series...this one was as good as the others in the series. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Kit Cat
Jan 22, 2009 Kit Cat rated it really liked it
Shelves: ga-mckevett
I picked this book up just to give the series a try, and I really enjoyed the mystery. I will be adding more of this series to my collection soon!
May 26, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
A fun read - feeding my hunger for a good mystery.
Jul 05, 2009 Cathleen rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Same light escapism as the rest of the series, but loses points for underuse of supporting characters and (more egregiously) for hanging a climactic plot revelation on an erroneous understanding of library computer policies.
May 25, 2010 Deborah rated it liked it
Another great mystery with the Moonlight Magnolia detective agency gang.
A missing teenage girl, spoiled rich brats and murder all combine for a great mystery read.
May 02, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it
Debra Keesee
May 18, 2011 Debra Keesee rated it it was amazing
I love this author! When I start to read her books, for some reason, I just can't put them down. Last night I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just to finish the book.
Sep 26, 2011 Christine rated it it was amazing
Halloween came with a big bang and murder seems even scarier for some reason. Coffins and cages oh my! I really enjoyed this book from start to finish- it kept me going.
Michele rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Sep 29, 2013 ktouton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently re-read this book. I had just finished a book that was very draining (The Great Santini). This book was a great palate cleanse. The subject matter, a missing teenage girl, is not very light material. Overall, it is still a pretty darn good book.
May 31, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. I will have to make a point to read more since I really enjoyed it. A good story with an unexpected ending. Great for summertime!!
Lisa rated it liked it
May 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2014 Kris rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-i-think
First time reading a mystery. Thought I would be able to solve it. Ha. Ha. I had no clue. Bummed about that. But still interesting
Jan 25, 2015 Virginia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
good, complicated mystery. Light, fun and "cozy" without being ditzy or condescending. I randomly picked this up at a boksale, and I will be on the look-out for more in the series:)
Nan St.Michael
Oct 30, 2015 Nan St.Michael rated it it was amazing
Poisoned Tarts makes 18 out of the 20 books in this series that I've read. I love them all! I almost want to wait a long time before I read the next one because I don't want the series to end, but I can't wait to read the next one. I love the characters. I love Savannah's attitude, her heart and the words of wisdom from her grandmother. I'm not sure I could ever pick a favorite author but Ms. McKevett is definitely near the top.
Apr 09, 2015 Liana rated it did not like it
This series has become predictable, over-written, lacking in any character development, and one giant stereotype.
Laurie Andres
Slow Paced

You know going in that this series is lightweight and easygoing, but this one was bordering on dull and more cliche than usual.
patsy clift
Jun 16, 2015 patsy clift rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savannah and Dirk are good together.

The main characters make all the Reid mysteries great. I would rate it a five if the story line had a little more of a kick to it.
Lora Lawrence
Jun 28, 2015 Lora Lawrence rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that i read all of G.A. Mckevett's books . I just loved reading all her books . I can't wait to see what she comes out with next . Keep up the good work that you do . Thank you .
Dec 06, 2015 Lorene's rated it really liked it
It a pretty good story of man's inhumanity to man. Didn't solve it myself, but they did, and Gran contributed with her down-home wisdom.
Nathalie S
Dec 06, 2015 Nathalie S rated it really liked it
If I ever needed a PI, I would hire sensitive, yet tough as nails Savannah she can cook good wonderfully!
Vickie Backus
Feb 20, 2016 Vickie Backus rated it it was ok
I'm slowly working my way through a bunch of books in the food mystery genera and this is listed as one-but I don't know why. Food is mentioned but is a very minor part of the background. I like the two main characters but can't figure out why an ex-cop who left under a cloud gets to hang out and detect with a current cop-one who has his own issues. And how is she making money? She supposed to be a private investigator but she's working for free here. Beach read.
Jul 30, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
The meat of the story is great. This is a lot more like a murder mystery, the kind McKevett has been layering with the characterizations. So why the 3 outta 5 stars? The story felt rushed in some ways and incomplete. For example, the use of CSI director Eileen is the same flat note that she always gets. There's no growth in the books, no matter the order of reading. The same goes for coroner Dr. Jennifer Liu. These are strong women, the foundation of the series, and yet totally underutitlized in ...more
Aug 01, 2016 Leigh rated it it was amazing
* Pg 151 (3rd paragraph)

Pg. 267, "Savannah pressed her finger tips to the girl's jugular vein and felt a pulse."
I love finding these errors in medical terminology. This is probably the 5th book by different authors I've read w/ medical terminology errors. I'm starting to document these just to humor myself. :)
Sep 16, 2016 Raingirl rated it it was ok
One time read only.
LInda L
Sep 24, 2016 LInda L rated it liked it
This was my second Savannah Reid, and while it was cute and funny and kind of interesting, it was not nearly as good as KILLER REUNION, which was my previous read. It seems that nothing romantic has yet developed between Dirk and Savannah, but they work well together. As do Tammy and Gran. I thought there was a bit too much of Gran in this one, especially since they were in CA. Yes, I do know she was visiting. The story line was totally improbable, but it is a novel and it is supposed to be tong ...more
  • Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • A Catered Halloween (A Mystery with Recipes, #5)
  • Twice As Dead (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #6)
  • Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand, #10)
  • Honeymoon With Murder (Death on Demand, #4)
  • Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • Wicked Witch Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #16)
  • Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery, #1)
  • Plum Deadly (Pie in the Sky Mystery, #1)
  • A Beeline to Murder (Henny Penny Farmette Mystery, #1)
  • Cook the Books (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #5)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)