Start by marking “Book - Ghost Coach” as Want to Read:
Book - Ghost Coach

Book - Ghost Coach

Ghost Coach is the award-winning story of high school English teacher Belva Lowry, who is married to the school's athletic coach. Following her husband's death, Belva surreptitiously tutors one of her students in the rudiments of basketball, helping him to make the team and eventually shine. But her coaching adventures and influence don't end there.

Author Harold K. Moon c

Published April 1st 2006 by Cedar Fort

To ask other readers questions about Book - Ghost Coach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book - Ghost Coach

Sandra Strange
Jan 05, 2016 Sandra Strange rated it liked it
This book has won prizes in Utah for YA fiction. However, I think the judges must be adults. I enjoyed the book, but I have the feeling it appeals more to adults than to the teens for which it was written. I need to get some kids to read it. It feels like a book from the era in which it was set (1950's). It's part romance, part sports book (some good basketball adventures) and part foiling-bullies book. It's 50's clean and feels as innocent as we stereotype that time period to be.
Shelley
Jun 08, 2010 Shelley rated it it was amazing
I loved the story (basketball fan), and the unique way it was written from different perspectives. All the people, especially the women, in the main character's life were so dynamic and interesting. The narrator was a surprise to the very end.
G
Mar 25, 2008 G rated it liked it
This was written by my BYU Spanish professor/friend. I really enjoyed it, esp. knowing it was related to his growing up in a small Idaho town. I wanted more story before the ending though.
Curly Q
Curly Q rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Kandi
Feb 26, 2011 Kandi rated it it was amazing
I love the surprise ending!
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2010
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2009
Camilla
Camilla rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Violet O
Violet O marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Megan Cannon
Megan Cannon marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016