Nocover-blank-133x176
3-book Set: Tuesdays w...

Mitch Albom

3-book Set: Tuesdays with Morrie; the Five People You Meet in Heaven; for One More Day

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  582 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Hardcover Boxed Set
Published 2007 by Doubleday

Troy Johnston
Awesome books! Mitch Albom does a great job connecting with the reader and painting a picture that is easy and enjoyable to follow. The books stimulate thoughts about life and self-improvement, as well as developing deeper and more meaningful relationships. These books are the type that make you "want to be a better person."
Kathy Knighton
Live each day as if it were your last. Appreciate where you are at this very moment. Love and serve others.
Donna Coghill
I am actually referring to only one of the books in this particular collection. 'For one more day'. A book about life's regrets. When Chick get's one more day with his dead mother to learn about her life story, not the story he know's from his own childhood recollections, I was bored to tears. There are few revelations and although it appears to have been the turning point in Chick's decision to go on living, I'm not sure at that stage I was particularly bothered about which way he went. I didn'...more
Kathryn
i read tuesdays with morrie years ago and really enjoyed revisiting it and reading it again. the 5 people you meet in heaven blew me away! a unique and thought provoking look at how each one of our individual actions can significantly impact the lives of others. i couldn't put it down! and i just finished for one more day. not what i was expecting, but i was pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed it. like the others, it left me with many thoughts and emotions about the special and significan...more
Brett Meyer
I haven't read "For One More Day" but did complete "Tuesday With Morrie". A wonderful book that helped me move my focus from the hate, death and suffering in this world to look at the positives. Life is too short.
Five people you meet in heaven...good story, creative, but second best to Tuesdays with morrow. Still comforting to someone who has lost someone though...
Connie
Jul 12, 2009 Connie rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Connie by: J Gardner
Great series that I read separately as they were published. My favorite was The Five People You Meet in Heaven.
Holly Hoopes
Apr 14, 2008 Laura added it
Ok, I used to read Mitch Album's sports column in the Detroit free press when I was in high school, not because I like sports, but because I thought Mitch Album was a great writer. I think his non-fiction writing is excellent, but his attempts at fiction are not all that strong. I love Tuesday with Morrie and reading it helped me when I was working with adults with ALS, but i think his other books are based on good ideas but poorly written.
Abby
Only commenting on one book: The Five People You Meet in Heaven. K, I know it was like a best seller and they made a TV movie about it, but I thought it was pretty dumb. The only redeeming quality was that it was pretty short. I have never understood why people like it. Perhaps I should read another Mitch Albom book, but I am afraid it will be just as dumb. So there you go. I am uncultured.
Ireng
A trilogy...

One told about death and the after-death event in one's life

One told about a final lecture from a dying old professor

One told about what will you do if you are granted a chance to meet with your loved one for one more day

Books about life and it's meaning, not too philosophical but relatively easy to read. A good books by a considerable writer
Becks Fagg
I bought these singularly - and loved the first two... hated the last one (was not at all worth reading.) The first two have insights that are thought provoking... if a little 'simple' in the text and dialogue. One more day was like the author was trying to hard to create the same atmosphere and impact in his earlier books, and the replication got lost.
Michelle
I give it three stars because I absolutely love Tuesdays with Morrie, I liked For one more day although I dont think I will read it again and I thought that the five people you meet in Heaven was enjoyable but not as good as the others. Tuesdays with Morrie is one of my favorite books and I have re-read it several times
Debbie
short, sweet, packed full of goodness.
Tiffany
I only read Tuesdays with Morrie. Maybe I'm a little too shallow, but I did not find the deeper meaning of life by reading this book, yet I feel that's what was supposed to happen. It was short so that wasn't too bad because it ended pretty quickly.
I just read The Five People You Meet in Heaven and For One More Day. I did enjoy the Five People You Meet in Heaven and found myself not being able to put it down. I thought For One More day was an interesting book. Not what i was expecting though.
Marty
I've read For one more Day and it was wonderful! I'm reading Tuesday with Morie now, and will read "the Five People You Meet in Heaven next" - great reads with good insight into life. Makes you appreciate what you have each day.
Keri
I read Tuesdays with Morrie and its one of my all time favorites. There are so many good things in that book. I also read the Five People You Meet in Heaven and that was good as well. I haven't read For One More Day yet.
Hannah
I read Tuesdays with Morrie every few years. I have several "Morries" in my life, those who have taught me little bits of wisdom and have changed the way I look at the world, and how I live my life
Christine
I have always loved these books, as they are a true inspiration for everyday living. They bring to light real insight and life lessons that can change the way you view your world.
Candice
I haven't read the Five People You Meet in Heaven book, but there others were nice quick reads. I heard so much about Tuesdays with Morrie that I had to read and I'm glad I did.
liz
Apr 02, 2008 liz rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Pete
Recommended to liz by: Nick
Read 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' last year and it's one of the best books i have ever read...would hightly recommend this for you Pete! A quick captivating read.
Sandee Clemons
I rarely buy fictional books, but when Mitch Albom comes out with a new one I make an exception. He's clever and handles hard subjects with humor and kindness!
Heather
What a wonderful book to read if you have lost someone or loosing life to a battle of disease. Gives you a positive outlook on how to handle death if facing it.
LeaAnne
I LOVE "The Five People you Meet in Heaven". it was such a great quick read. it is one of those books you put down and feel like you can start life with a new outlook!
Lucas
Apr 04, 2008 Lucas rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: A person who cares
Recommended to Lucas by: library
All of these books i have read and loved, they all talk about life and death and how to charish it. Now after reading these books i can charish them forever!
Amy
Short, quick reads that are simple in nature and touching in their tale. I feel his books are frought with thoughtful retrospection and wisdom.
Kristin Dombrowik
There is no perfect way to describe these books. I highly recommend them. They deal with trust, love, forgiveness, life and death.
Suzanne
The book and movie made me cry and really put into perspective the importance of making the most of life and reassessing your priorities!
Kyle
These books are amazing. You can read them as quick or as slow as you want, but they are so moving. I absolutely love these.
  • The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]
  • Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Begin the Healing Process
  • Jake's Thing
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man
  • Sanctuary of the Soul: Journey Into Meditative Prayer
  • Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life's Greatest Challenges
  • Being Nobody, Going Nowhere: Meditations on the Buddhist Path
  • Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for a Sustainable World
  • The Divine Center
  • Golf in the Kingdom
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the QBQ!
  • The Dressmaker
  • Gospel According to Jesus
  • Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!
  • Eternal Life: A New Vision: Beyond Religion, Beyond Theism, Beyond Heaven and Hell
Mitchell David Albom is an author, journalist, screenwriter, playwright, radio and television broadcaster and musician. His books have collectively sold over 35 million copies worldwide; have been published in forty-one territories and in forty-two languages around the world; and have been made into Emmy Award-winning and critically-acclaimed television movies.
More about Mitch Albom...
Tuesdays With Morrie The Five People You Meet in Heaven For One More Day Have a Little Faith: a True Story The Time Keeper