Start by marking “Guerrilla Hostage: 810 Days in Captivity” as Want to Read:
Guerrilla Hostage: 810 Days in Captivity

Guerrilla Hostage: 810 Days in Captivity

The dramatic story of Ray Rising, who was kidnapped and held by guerrillas in the Colombian jungle for twenty-seven months.
Published April 1st 1999 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Guerrilla Hostage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guerrilla Hostage

Kacie
May 20, 2009 Kacie rated it did not like it
Someone I work with gave me this book, which is the story of Ray Rising's kidnapping and long captivity by Colombian guerrillas. I took interest because I remember my family praying for Ray and his family over those years, and I was interested to hear the full story. I also read the blog of the daughter of another missionary in Columbia that was kidnapped, but her father was killed.

Sadly, I was disappointed by Guerrilla Hostage. It seemed to brush over too much. At times Siino attempted to get
Tessa Stockton
The true story of Ray Rising, kidnapped by guerillas in Colombia and then held as a hostage in the jungle for several years, reads like an adventure novel. It was amazing to learn what Mr. Rising endured and yet kept faith through it all…the harsh and comfortless environment, insect infestations, overall physical taxation, skirmishes, and exposure to godless ideology. Through this work, so skillfully written by Denise Marie Siino, I came to have compassion and even a fondness for some of the ...more
Glenn Homes
Aug 21, 2016 Glenn Homes rated it it was amazing
It was very interesting to follow all of Ray Risings thoughts and fears as he went through the 810 days of captivity. Especially how God spoke to Ray and encouraged him through his daily Bible devotions.

The one thing that really stood out to me was the fact that so many of the Guerrillas were teenagers. Young people who had come from broken homes and physical and sexual abuse. It showed how important teenagers are to the continuation of a good moral society are.
Sandy Clark
Another wonderful JAARS publication. (JAARS is a division of Wycliffe Bible Translators). This is an exciting account of Ray Rising's abduction and experience in the jungles of Colombia with his captors. Reading this book gives me courage to trust that God will take care of matters even when I don't feel up to it.
Warrick Hess
Warrick Hess rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Scott Goossen
Scott Goossen rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Luka
Luka rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Becky Mackey
Becky Mackey rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2009
Isaac Nelson
Isaac Nelson rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Steven Montgomery
Steven Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2009
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2008
William Stomp
William Stomp rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Tony Gutierrez
Tony Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2011
Sam
Sam added it
Mar 30, 2013
XOTELLEOX
XOTELLEOX marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Shannon Trigos
Shannon Trigos marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Diego Kim
Diego Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016