Start by marking “Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!” as Want to Read:
Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!

Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Book by Sterling W. Sill, Dan McCormick
Published September 1st 2007 by Aylesbury Publishing (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons from Great Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons from Great Lives

Marni
I love this book. Sterling Sill was an incredibly studious man, and what a blessing for him to share his studies of great people with us. Each chapter includes an inspiring look at people that have worked hard at their different talents, so when the time was right, they were ready to give themselves to greater things.

The original book has 13 more chapters (disappointed those were taken out for this version), but this book has two additional chapters by Dan McCormick on Socrates and Sterling Sill
Jary Welker
A great read and I enjoyed every story. What a powerful premise behind both the original edition by Sterling W Sill and this re-release by Dan McCormick with his updated data and perspective. The legacies of great leaders are timeless and these simple yet profound lessons inspire me to study more deeply these great lives. In our world today we are too often taken by the flash and glitter of our contemporary so called "heroes" and while some are truly great men and women, many are empty suits who ...more
Chad
This one was hard to rate. I really wanted to rate it 4 or 5 stars, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I really wavered between 2 and 3 stars, but ended up at 3 because I was really glad I had been exposed to this book.

I love the idea of this book. I love the premise. I love the lessons that we can learn from great lives. I loved reading about these powerful people and what drove them.

Unfortunately, the book is not well written. It was painful to have to slog through the endless moralizing
Jill
I loved the exposure to many great and inspiring people that I knew so little about. It makes me want to read their autobiographies or a biography of their lives and glean more. There is so much good in this book. I highlighted things that impressed me. I can't wait to go back and study my margins and thoughts again. I personally have gained much from the lives of these people. In the chapter on Job (p.144) the authors state, "many of our greatest blessings are frequently lost", because of misha ...more
Loved this book, very insightful and interesting.
Brooke
There are some very inspiring people in our history. I am in awe of what people are able to accomplish and the impact they have on history. A few people talked about in this book are Jesus, Benjamin Franklin, Ghandi, Abraham Lincoln, Socrates, The Prophet Job, and many others.
Pam
Mar 20, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Attended a Successful People Seminar through my home-business. The co-author Dan McCormick presented on this book and gave great insight on why we should all be studying lives of great people. I am excited to read it and will post information when I have finished.
Barbara Lovejoy
I LOVED this book! I plan to read it again--maybe a chapter a day. It inspired me to want to learn from the best who have lived and become more like them.
Munro
I enjoyed this book and learned a lot about great leaders, some of whom I didn't know much about.
Po-Hing JKatherine
Po-Hing JKatherine marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Michelle Call
Michelle Call marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Aaron Ng'ambi
Aaron Ng'ambi marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
LaDon Reyes
LaDon Reyes marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Bharat Reddy
Bharat Reddy marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Madeline Parks
Madeline Parks marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Qian Li
Qian Li marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Tara Gaudette
Tara Gaudette marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Matthew Parks
Matthew Parks marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Leadership The laws of success The majesty of books The Law Of The Harvest The Miracle of Personality