Start by marking “Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)” as Want to Read:
Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  3,689 Ratings  ·  318 Reviews
The PsyCop boys are back! Policeman Vic has yet another new partner at work, but the really scary thing in his life is spending Thanksgiving with Jacob's family. The domesticity of the holiday is followed by a little light house-hunting, and it's a relief to get the call to go back to work.

The urgent case means that Vic and company have a serial kidnapper on their hands, a
ebook, 1st Edition, 138 pages
Published October 20th 2007 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Body and Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body and Soul

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxThe Dark Tide by Josh LanyonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleDeath of a Pirate King by Josh LanyonFatal Shadows / A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Mystery
618 books — 634 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
2,824 books — 3,097 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
4.5 hot and hunky-dory stars.****Review completed January 6, 2014

photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo3_250_zps795bb152.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo2_250_zps867b35e7.gif
 photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo4_250_zps7a7dc33d.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo7_250_zps3dd152c0.gif

photo 25d90fc1-a49f-4674-9b4c-d92814367c4f_zpsb4c18e72.png

photo 894ee947-e7fb-4696-8f00-7a73c7535481_zpsf951a27a.png

This is a little sample of my favorite part of Body and Soul...
I stared at that electrical outlet and focused outside myself, so Jacob had time to give me the reach-around. Clock. Microwave. Coffee maker. Coffee grinder.
What if one of 'em fell into the sink while he was pile-driving me and I ended up electrocuted? Not that there was any water present. But the lethalness of the combination of electricity and sinks is hard-wired int
Shurrn
This series is getting better and better with each book.
"I'm trying really hard to be a decent boyfriend," I said. "But I think I might not be cut out for it."
Six weeks after the whole kidnapping/GhosTV/amped up paranormal activity incident, Vic is still on leave from the department. You'd think Vic would use the time for rest and recuperation after his ordeal, but no...

Vic has faced off against murderers, ghosts, and all manner of terrifying things, but he's about to face his biggest chal
Nancy
Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

In the third installment of the Psy Cop series, Vic and Jacob are spending Thanksgiving with Jacob’s family. Vic wants to be a good boyfriend and tries to wean himself from the Auracel that prevents him from seeing ghosts, but keeps him high most of the time. Their Thanksgiving holiday is cut short when Vic gets a call to investigate the case of three missing people, including an alderman’s nephew.

Once again, I can’t get enough of this series and was flipping page
Susan
Apr 19, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Look, I'll keep this simple.

I ADORE VICTOR BAYNE!!!!!

Book 3 has Vic at his neurotic best. And getting to know him better with each book of this series is such a treat. Poor guy is traumatized and the accommodations he has to make in his life because of his "gift" of talking to dead people are exhausting. But, I'm bought in...totally invested in him...and I want to be there with him every step of the way...(What happened to you, Vic, at Camp Hell. I need to know...yet I'm scared to find out!)

Jaco
Ingela
Written January 16, 2015

4 1/2 Stars - An amusing crime story with an fantastic narrator that's = A Huge Winner Book

Book #3

I liked but didn't love the first two. They were tempting good for more reading and better and better. (Reviews:) (view spoiler)

Anyway, it was with a very good feeling I started this third part (again as an audiobook, 4:45 hrs - amazing good narrated by Gomez Pugh) in this PsyCop series. ~ Quite
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 fantastic stars!**

I can't help myself, I just adore this series.

I find it a perfect mix of funny, sexy, and quirky. I think Vic is adorable (and if he looks like the guy on the cover of "Criss Cross"- DAYM) and his relationship with Jacob is just yummy. I'm just gushing and not saying anything specific about this book so here I go...

I think "Body and Soul" embodies what I have come to expect from this series. There is some romance (never gushy), a mystery to solve, and some interesting
Kelly
Another fantastic installment in the Psycop series!

photo annie-thumbs-up_zpsb44062b4.gif

I've read some great books this year, but Jordan Castillo Price's Psycop series is really something special. I love Victor Bane. Adore him!! Not in the way I usually love the "heroes" in the books I read, but in a I want to give him a big old hug and tell him everything will be just fine kind of way. Watching his confidence build, thanks mostly to his boyfriend Jacob, has been a real treat. (view spoiler)
Vanessa North
Sep 15, 2014 Vanessa North rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So here's a funny thing. Audiobooks CHANGE how I feel about the text. The right narrator makes a book even more enjoyable for me. When I read this book last fall, I gave it four stars, which means I REALLY liked it and would recommend it.

Fast forward to today. I bought the audiobook pretty much the day I found out it was available. I checked my email, saw the JCP newsletter, went to audible and bought it. Didn't get out of bed or drink coffee or make myself human in anyway, just RAWR BOOK MUST H
Jordan Price
Oct 14, 2009 Jordan Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm so excited to be re-issuing this book. My favorite scene is when they discover who's behind all the disappearances, and they don't really know what to make of the stuff they actually do find.

I love Vic's bland acceptance of what's happening when the mechanics of it dawn on him, and I think this was the first time I gave a little glimpse of how steely he actually is inside, that a situation that would send most people packing doesn't even faze him. (How's that for convoluted? Trying not to b
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Again the page length was trimmed and this one comes across too short, but it was a good story regardless and the police investigation a little more complex than previous books. I loved the beginning at the Thanksgiving table and the ghost arm, then the angst of apartment hunting.

It's probably the best mystery so far in the series - Vic has to use his detecting skills and follow confusing leads, sometimes getting help from ghosts for once. He has to interview people, visit crime scenes, the ful
Maya

Loved this! Tempted to give it a 5-star rating, the only thing that’s stopping me is that Jacob is still the same awesome but slightly mysterious man. I don’t doubt his feelings for Victor, I just need to know more about him.

Victor on the other hand: his character development is one of the best I’ve seen in romance.

Also, Vic and Zig – some great stuff there too.

Sofia

The best in this series yet. This one grabbed me more than the others. Maybe because Victor is showing more of himself. Or because of the Victor and Jacob time.

The thought of Victor, Jacob and Crash keeps turning whizzing round my brain.

R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

This next chapter following lovable, slightly socially challenged Victor Bayne, sees him adjusting to his new work partner as they investigate a trio of missing persons. On a personal front, he's in a more established relationship with boyfriend and fellow cop Jacob Marks, and I loved reading about them as a couple.

The author continues to inject quirky insecurity in Victor's voice - he's not the suavest detective out there, and he's got to be the most squeamish medium around! Like Jaco
Ann
This was a good one. I got to see more of Victor's talents and his confidence has grown some, which is nice to see and I attribute the bulk of that to Jacob.

It's still cute that Victor doesn't really get why Jacob is so into him. They finally say the "I love you"'s to each other and while Victor may not totally get it, he at least appreciates it and is trying. I like when Victor said "It's the whole package he was after (referring to the fact that he is just figuring out that Jacob is after mor
Bookwatcher
Oct 17, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it it was amazing
OMG this serie is getting always better! I'm so happyyyyyyyyyy!

Love the romance (more, now that Jacob and Vic are searching their new house (YEY!!! Moving together for real now!!! YEY)

Love the action (there is a cop scene, with Vic using a ghost to follow the suspect! Incredible!)

And of course, looooooove the humor!

sorry if I can't say more!!! More books of this serie are waiting!!! YEY!!! Starting now the next one!
Shelley
Another fabulous installment to what is fast becoming one of my all time favorite series.

I adore Victor! And I lust after Jacob, with an intensity that scares me. These guys *grabby hands* I LOVE THEM!!!

Flat hunting, steamy hot sex,(view spoiler) dirty talk and a whole lot of Victor makes me a happy bunny.

The investigation is so secondary it's tertiary in fact, pish - posh I wasn't really paying
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
There's a lot of mileage covered in this story. When I look back to how and where it started compared to the ending, wow, a lotta shit happened.

Vic and Jacob are getting to know each other more and more. For Vic that means he's letting himself have it, have this with Jacob. He's going for it. For Jacob, he's also getting what he wants, with Vic, and he loves doing whatever that takes.

The mystery in this one was ok. When it ended, it felt a little anticlimactic. The paranormal aspect was up there
Emma Sea
Feb 25, 2012 Emma Sea rated it really liked it
My favourite from the series I've read so far. While the sex is hot, it's not gratuitous. Don't get me wrong, I love PWP, but in these stories the sex is more an embodiment of the MCs developing relationship, and fits within the overall arc. The mystery was better than #2, but not as good as #1, although, saying that, it was very elegantly constructured, with clues spread subtly throughout the story.

Although the mystery wasn't quite as good as #1, I liked all the other parts of the story more.
Lisazj1
These just get better and better! I love this world, love Vic & Jacob together. I love seeing them get closer & closer, and seeing Vic start to allow himself to want a relationship with Jacob. I love how Jacob is with Vic, how he takes care of him. I even liked Zig, Vic newest partner and I hope he sticks around a while (view spoiler).

And as always, my enjoyment of this wa
Em
Nov 19, 2013 Em rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, dtr
Oh wow! I loved this book and have at last reached the point where I'm thoroughly hooked! I knew that I'd get there, just took me a little while.
Adam
I read the first book in this series, Among the Living, back in 2015. Now I'm regretting waiting so long to continue the series, because these are some great MM paranormal reads!

I really like Vic. He's got some baggage and commitment issues, but underneath the prickly exterior he's all heart. Plus, I think it's incredibly sweet that he's putty in Jacob's hands.

We don't get Jacob's POV, so it's a bit harder to get a read on him. Even so, it's clear that he puts Vic first. And he gives great dirty
Isabel
This is getting better and better!

I love Victor Bayne! I love Jacob Marks! The way their relationship is growing is amazing! They are so HOT together... dirty talk... hummmm!

And of course there are crimes and paranormal mysteries to solve, and these PsyCops are perfect to figure everything!

I can't get enough!
damnit, liz
Jan 15, 2017 damnit, liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic-man, funny-mm
Not quite as creepy as the previous books, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I also love that the story isn't relying on drama between the MCs to keep us hooked. It's just.. a good story. Vic and Jacob are in a good place with each other- there's so much love here without being over the top with the sweetness. Unfortunately for Vic though, ghosts are still disgusting and obnoxious. Being a medium sucks sometimes.
Deeze

This one had a great feel to it all the way through. Vic’s new partner grew on me the same way I think he grew on Vic. It felt nice and real.

The mystery was interesting, if slightly nauseating lol.

I must say I felt some unhappy thoughts with Lisa in this one. (view spoiler)
Tina
Jun 30, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, crime, paranormal

In Body and Soul Vic can't wait for Thanksgiving to be over. Having decided to spend it with Jacob's family he's very thankful to be called back into work to try to track down a missing person.

While Vic is working the case, Jacob is looking for a home for them to move into, one that isn't infested with bugs or ghosts.
Vic's confidence grows and he is determined to be more open about his sexuality and his ability.

Of course Crash makes an appearance and inspires naughty fantasies for Vic. :)
Tara♥
Loved this from start to finish, just fantastic.

Vic spending Thanksgiving with Jacobs family was excellent. Uncle Leon's appearance was pretty special and even though I did feel for Vic I found the whole encounter pretty hysterical.

Things are really ticking along for Vic and Jacob and lots of exciting things are in the pipeline for them. The timelines are pretty short in this series so there tends to be very little time between one book and the next so it kind of seems like things are moving p
Mel
May 11, 2010 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sealed the deal for me: Jordan Castillo Price is a genius. Her stories are fun and engaging, her characters (especially Vic) are to die for! And I love how she manages to add those little details which make her world and characters so true to life and easy to visualize.

This story deserved 5 stars for the opening chapter alone in which we see Vic having Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob’s family. Brilliant!
Besides that we see Vic trying to adjust to yet another new partner, Zigler. Togeth
Skye Blue
Dec 01, 2015 Skye Blue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Skye Blue by: Tj
I just love Victor. He is so squeamish about his abilities. And his social awkwardness is endearing.
The mystery in this one, was a little weak. But getting Jacob and Victor progress was good.
Although I've always really liked Jacob, it seams like I'm finally feeling the feels for them as a couple.
Amy
Nov 27, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This has quickly become one of my favorite series. I adore Victor and Jacob! The psychic/cop storyline is so interesting and different than anything else I've read, plus JCP writes some seriously steamy sex scenes!
  • Death of a Pirate King (The Adrien English Mysteries, #4)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Hell Cop
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Irregulars
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (8 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop #8)

“You married, Zig?“ I asked him.

"Yeah, twenty-one years.” He actually glanced at his wedding ring as he said it. “You?”

I looked down at my bare left hand. I’d never had the compulsion to do that before. How lame. “I’m, uh… .” Great, I couldn’t say it.

But I had to. The longer I waited, the worse my anxiety would be. And I couldn’t imagine it feeling any worse than it did already. “I’m moving in with someone. Just as soon as we find a place that’s not haunted.” Say it, Vic. Damn it. Tell him.

“That a common problem, spirit activity in a …?”

“Jacob Marks. From the Twelfth. You know him? I’m moving in with him.”

Zig almost did a spit-take. The color drained from his ruddy cheeks, leaving him a strange shade of gray. His already-bulging eyes bulged even more. And then a barrier slammed down somewhere behind them and he pressed his lips together hard.

Shit. I’d thought I was up for the conversation, but evidently I was a much bigger pussy than I realized. My stomach clenched up and I fought the urge to tell Zig I was just kidding, and laugh, and give him a hearty, heterosexual clap on the back.

God, I hate confrontation.

I steeled myself for the tirade that was sure to come. The one where I was a drug addict, a shitty cop, and a miserable excuse for a human being.

Zig blinked. He cleared his throat. “Marks,” he said. “Sure. We’ve met.” And then he looked back at his notepad with every ounce of attention he had.”
1 likes
“Do you sell anything that can answer a yes or no question?“ I asked him.

"For entertainment purposes,” he asked me not bothering to look up, “or for real?”

I squelched the impulse to scream, “What do you think, you jackass?” Maybe he was asking a serious question- though I had my doubts. “You’re the one with the metaphysical shop. If I wanted a magic Eight Ball, I’d go to SaverPlus.”

He looked up at me and grinned. “Did you notice the new guy who works at the return counter in the SaverPlus basement?He’s kind of a creep- which I think I like about him- and he’s got this monster bulge in his pants.”

I could totally see him getting into someone who was a creep. “Um. No.”

“They’re still open. Why don’t you go buy a Magic Eight Ball so I can return it?”

“No.”

“Then what the fuck good are you?”
1 likes