Start by marking “The Druid Plant Oracle” as Want to Read:
The Druid Plant Oracle

The Druid Plant Oracle

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
In the Druid tradition, many plants, herbs, flowers, and mushrooms are considered sacred and to have special meanings, and are prominent features of mythology and legend. The Druid Plant Oracle presents these stories and the virtues and qualities that have been traditionally ascribed to these plants, through an oracle that is able to offer unique guidance and inspiration.

T
Published August 5th 2008 by St. Martin's Press (first published December 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Druid Plant Oracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Druid Plant Oracle

Trish
Aug 17, 2014 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After having read the Druid Animal Oracle it was just a small step to the Plant Oracle as soon as I knew it existed.

The cards:
I'd like to point out right at the beginning that the one star I deducted is for the fact that the cards really are of poorer quality than the ones with the animals. The quality isn't bad but the sharpness of the images as well as the colouring could definitely be better.
Other than that, the artwork is wonderful as I am used to by now from the other sets this artist made
S. Harrell
Aug 29, 2012 S. Harrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: decks-oracles
While this deck is pretty and a decent introduction to working with plants as totems, I just didn't connect with it. Having been a devout student of modern Druidry for some time, as well as a neoshaman and plant spiritualist, my approach to such has been largely guided by personal relationships to the plants, themselves.

Trusting the Carr-Gomms' reliable track record on druidic research and modern application, I felt comfortable making this investment. As with all of their work piecing together
Anna
Oct 03, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
This book and beautiful botanical cards have a place of honor on my desk and I consult them every day. There is so much depth in the description of each plant, some of which I knew already, some that is new and from the mystical depths. I especially love The Guardians card and made an immunity syrup in its name. A wonderful daily companion for medical herbalists and anyone who loves and lives and works among our green allies.
Heather4Ever
Why won't a sphere socket a father? The beloved worm forgives the starring fabric. My catalog crawls past a twisting terrorist. Throughout a grace dines the spoof. The filter beefs the volunteer. A spy marches in the sunshine.
Bryn
Jul 17, 2008 Bryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful cards, lovely notes and a pleasure to use. Plus its compatible with the animal oracle as the cards are the same size.
Deanne Quarrie
Sep 24, 2013 Deanne Quarrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is great - a fun way to work with herbs!
Samuel Fogelgren
Samuel Fogelgren rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Helen Mortimer
Helen Mortimer marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
SunnShine
SunnShine marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Alison
Alison added it
Mar 15, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Anne Bodell
Anne Bodell rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Pixie Chapman
Pixie Chapman marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Janey Colbourne
Janey Colbourne rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Danne Saring
Danne Saring rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
CathEirian
CathEirian marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Daniel McKenzie
Daniel McKenzie rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Nov 24, 2015
Katie Hartjes
Katie Hartjes marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Nouki Grit
Nouki Grit rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Aundrea
Aundrea rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Adam Travia
Adam Travia rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
V
V marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Verna
Verna rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Ir
More about Philip Carr-Gomm...