Start by marking “Twice (Lydia Strong, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twice (Lydia Strong, #3)

Twice (Lydia Strong #3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  390 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Acclaimed artist Julian Ross has just been found standing over her husband’s bloody corpse in their New York City apartment. Julian claims that she slept peacefully beside him while he was violently stabbed in their bed. But police are skeptical, especially since Julian’s first husband was killed and mutilated in exactly the same way. Julian turns to the tough-as-nails cri ...more
374 pages
Published May 30th 2006 (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice

Pamela
Jacqueline
Feb 03, 2016 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gelesen
Auf dieses Buch war ich mehr als gespannt, das Cover fiel mir sofort auf und auch der Klappentext sagte mir sofort zu.
Vorab möchte ich erwähnen das dies mein erstes Buch der Autorin war, ich kannte auch die Vorgängerbände nicht.
Doch das machte nichts, ich kam gut in die Story rein von daher denke ich man kann die Bücher auch unabhängig voneinander lesen.

Zum Inhalt werde ich nichts weiter sagen da der Klappentext alles sagt was man wissen muss.

Der Schreibstil der Autorin ist locker und flüssig, i
Diane Dachota
Aug 30, 2015 Diane Dachota rated it liked it
Third in the Lydia Strong/Jeffrey Marks series, I continue to love Lydia and Jeffrey (although I could do without the tired trope of superwoman who refuses medical care, ignores doctors orders cause she is so tuff etc). In this installment, Lydia is hired by a woman named Eleanore Ross, whose son-in-law has been brutally murdered and Eleanore's daughter Julian is accused of the crime.

This book deals with a lot of issues; the underground mole people of NY, Haitian voodoo, gothic victorian houses
Tracy Little
Apr 18, 2015 Tracy Little rated it liked it
Book 1 was great; books 2 and 3 were mediocre...at times the author jumped around, and I still wonder about the editor! Still, decent books, but glad I've read her more recent books first as she does have talent. Don't give up on her yet...she gets better!
Mary Chrapliwy
Jun 08, 2012 Mary Chrapliwy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-books
This the third in a series with this main character Lydia Strong, but it was a first for me. I have never read Lisa Unger before, but now look forward to reading more of her books.

Lydia Strong works as a private investigator with beau Jeffrey Mark and her body guard Dax Chicago, a tough Aussie who won't let a serial killer bent on possessing Lydia anywhere near her. Serial killer Jed McIntyre has escaped from the psych facility for the criminally insane. A pro at blending in and disguising himse
Vivian
Feb 15, 2012 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lydia is being cautious now that she knows Jed McIntyre is in New York. Jeffrey Mark, her fiancé and business partner isn't taking any chances, especially since they just learned she's pregnant, and has hired a bodyguard, Dax Chicago, to shadow her at all times. Lydia is slowly getting used to idea of impending motherhood, and has doubts about her abilities to be a good mother. She has a serial killer after her, a wedding to consider, a baby on the way and now a high-profile murder case to inves ...more
Judith
Jan 25, 2014 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strange story about a woman whose two husbands have been brutally murdered. Arrested the first time, Julian Ross managed to get a not-guilty verdict. In spite of the similarities the lead detective has doubts the second time, and even welcomes the entry of a private detective team, Lydia Strong and partner Jeffrey Mark.

Strong is a crime writer who works with Mark, a private investigator. Of course Strong has instincts for detective work and is relentless in her pursuit of leads.

However, she is t
Mark
Jun 08, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it
In her third outing Lydia Strong, private investigator, reveals a centuries old family curse as the husbands of famous artist Julian Ross family are all shown to have been murdered, including both of Ross’ husbands and her father too. Ross is under suspicion in the death of her husbands even though she had been exonerated in the first murder, ten years previously. Strong’s own mother was a victim of a serial killer, Jed McIntyre, who has recently been released and is stalking her as well. Lisa U ...more
Michael
Jul 31, 2012 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had such high hopes in the beginning but it went downhill, after the second part of the story. Julian Ross a New York artist has been charged with murdering second husband. Although that she tries to convince the police that she is innocent, they have a difficult time believing her because ten years ago, her first husband was murdered the same way. Julian's mother Eleanor a cold woman who will do anything to prove her daughter innocence, even hiring Lydie and Jeffrey to prove her case. ...more
Karen & Gerard
Mar 13, 2012 Karen & Gerard rated it really liked it
Two times a woman's husband is killed in the same bed the woman is also sleeping in, and she claims she did not do it! This is another winner by Lisa Unger! There are lots of twists and turns to keep the reader interested. It took me two days to read and well worth your while!
(Gerard's review)

Twice by Lisa Unger a/k/a Lisa Miscione is a complex murder mystery and a thriller all in one. It takes place in New York City, both above and below ground, and in a little town called “Haunted.” There are
Carl
Dec 31, 2015 Carl rated it it was ok
As a crime thriller, I found Twice disappointing. The characters are two-dimensional and the many different plot threads mean that none of the plots actually feels solid. Miscione's writing is ok but for me there really were a few laugh-out-loud moments ("Fear had lodged itself in her throat like a chicken bone"). In addition, the copy that I read, published by Snow Books, contained several typos ("Their helping us find out who hurt your father") and formatting errors where a sentence would brea ...more
Joy
Sep 28, 2014 Joy rated it really liked it
I liked this entry into the series and really appreciated that this author has not dragged out the serial killer plot beyond the point it becomes completely unbelievable. Lydia is growing on me (I wasn't so sure at first) and the relationships she has with others continue to be interesting.
Joyce McKune
Aug 17, 2014 Joyce McKune rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Lydia is now a partner in the investigative firm with Jeffery. Their client is the mother of an artist who is being held in a mental hospital when she was found with her 2nd husbands body. She'd been acquitted for the murder of her first husband.
Victoria Kator
Apr 05, 2016 Victoria Kator rated it really liked it
a great ending to the Jedd storyline, sad at parts though. i liked the mystery behind the ross family too-so dark and twisted!! i love lisa's writing and stories.
Kathy
Apr 20, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I have never read any of Lisa Unger/Lisa Miscione's writings; however I really enjoyed this psychological thriller. I am looking forward to reading more of her works.
Christina Falcon
Another novel i could not put down. I was all over trying to figure everything out
Conni Harness
Nov 03, 2014 Conni Harness rated it it was amazing
well written. I found myself pacing myself so I could sleep at night. LOL
Laura Lucy
Oct 17, 2011 Laura Lucy rated it really liked it
I would give this one 3 1/2 if half stars were allowed. This is the first time I've read anything by this author. It was a pretty good read, though some aspects were a bit far-fetched. I do plan on giving Miscione another shot though.
Joggingt
Apr 24, 2015 Joggingt rated it really liked it
Good but complex series
Trish
Sep 05, 2012 Trish rated it it was ok
All stuff written by Lisa Unger is fairly entertaining though these earlier books are slightly more on the trashy end. Would give 2.5 stars if that were an option.
Rita Thomas
I liked the main characters on the book, but parts of this book were too predictable or too over-the-top. Would read more books by the Lydia/Jeffrey team.
Rick
May 18, 2012 Rick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A competent effort, marred by an unweildy and often hard-to-swallow plotline. I have liked the other Lydia Strong books I've read better than this one.
Rachel
May 04, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I didn't like about this book is that it seemed to drag the whole time. I liked the story line, it was just really slow to me.
Beth
Dec 11, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars if I could. I liked it, it was suspenseful. I will definitely read the 3rd "Lydia Strong" novel.
Laura Logan
Aug 11, 2012 Laura Logan marked it as to-read
Shelves: crime
Great book. Love Lisa Unger. she writes with authority and tells a story that keeps the reader wanting more!!
Amber Garabrandt
Feb 13, 2012 Amber Garabrandt rated it liked it
A truly great thriller. I still prefer her later works but these charracters are growing on me.
John Hanscom
Feb 21, 2012 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Or maybe even more. I REALLY like the way this author writes, and she is a good storyteller.
Ellie
Feb 18, 2012 Ellie rated it it was amazing
Once again, never let down by a Lisa Unger book. Truly love her characters.
Pat
May 08, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing
puts the thrill in thriller!! Looking forward to the next one!
Jodie
Aug 08, 2013 Jodie rated it it was amazing
Another nail biter by Lisa Unger. She is an amazing writer!
  • Die for You
  • Chasing Jenna
  • Dear Dawn: Aileen Wuornos in Her Own Words
  • Dark Justice
  • The Ninth Step
  • Sleepwalker (Nightwatcher #2)
  • Gun Church
  • Mortal Remains (Dr. Earl Garnet, #4)
  • The Undrowned Child (The Undrowned Child, #1)
  • Black Widow
  • Ask the Dark
  • Aundy (Pendleton Petticoats, #1)
  • Blind Sight
  • Dreams of the Dead (Nina Reilly, #13)
Lisa Miscione is New York Times bestselling author Lisa Unger's maiden name. The four novels in the Lydia Strong series were originally published by St. Martins Minotaur, and are no longer in print.

In 2011, Random House re-released all four novels by Lisa Unger, writing as Lisa Miscione.
More about Lisa Miscione...

Lydia Strong (4 books)
  • Angel Fire (Lydia Strong, #1)
  • The Darkness Gathers (Lydia Strong, #2)
  • Smoke (Lydia Strong, #4)