Start by marking “Twice (Lydia Strong, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twice (Lydia Strong, #3)

Twice (Lydia Strong #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Acclaimed artist Julian Ross has just been found standing over her husband’s bloody corpse in their New York City apartment. Julian claims that she slept peacefully beside him while he was violently stabbed in their bed. But police are skeptical, especially since Julian’s first husband was killed and mutilated in exactly the same way. Julian turns to the tough-as-nails cri...more
374 pages
Published May 30th 2006 (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice

Pamela
Mary Chrapliwy
This the third in a series with this main character Lydia Strong, but it was a first for me. I have never read Lisa Unger before, but now look forward to reading more of her books.

Lydia Strong works as a private investigator with beau Jeffrey Mark and her body guard Dax Chicago, a tough Aussie who won't let a serial killer bent on possessing Lydia anywhere near her. Serial killer Jed McIntyre has escaped from the psych facility for the criminally insane. A pro at blending in and disguising himse...more
Vivian
Lydia is being cautious now that she knows Jed McIntyre is in New York. Jeffrey Mark, her fiancé and business partner isn't taking any chances, especially since they just learned she's pregnant, and has hired a bodyguard, Dax Chicago, to shadow her at all times. Lydia is slowly getting used to idea of impending motherhood, and has doubts about her abilities to be a good mother. She has a serial killer after her, a wedding to consider, a baby on the way and now a high-profile murder case to inves...more
Judith
Strange story about a woman whose two husbands have been brutally murdered. Arrested the first time, Julian Ross managed to get a not-guilty verdict. In spite of the similarities the lead detective has doubts the second time, and even welcomes the entry of a private detective team, Lydia Strong and partner Jeffrey Mark.

Strong is a crime writer who works with Mark, a private investigator. Of course Strong has instincts for detective work and is relentless in her pursuit of leads.

However, she is t...more
Mark
In her third outing Lydia Strong, private investigator, reveals a centuries old family curse as the husbands of famous artist Julian Ross family are all shown to have been murdered, including both of Ross’ husbands and her father too. Ross is under suspicion in the death of her husbands even though she had been exonerated in the first murder, ten years previously. Strong’s own mother was a victim of a serial killer, Jed McIntyre, who has recently been released and is stalking her as well. Lisa U...more
Michael Jenkins
This book had such high hopes in the beginning but it went downhill, after the second part of the story. Julian Ross a New York artist has been charged with murdering second husband. Although that she tries to convince the police that she is innocent, they have a difficult time believing her because ten years ago, her first husband was murdered the same way. Julian's mother Eleanor a cold woman who will do anything to prove her daughter innocence, even hiring Lydie and Jeffrey to prove her case....more
Karen & Gerard
Two times a woman's husband is killed in the same bed the woman is also sleeping in, and she claims she did not do it! This is another winner by Lisa Unger! There are lots of twists and turns to keep the reader interested. It took me two days to read and well worth your while!
(Gerard's review)

Twice by Lisa Unger a/k/a Lisa Miscione is a complex murder mystery and a thriller all in one. It takes place in New York City, both above and below ground, and in a little town called “Haunted.” There are...more
Joy
I liked this entry into the series and really appreciated that this author has not dragged out the serial killer plot beyond the point it becomes completely unbelievable. Lydia is growing on me (I wasn't so sure at first) and the relationships she has with others continue to be interesting.
Joyce McKune
Lydia is now a partner in the investigative firm with Jeffery. Their client is the mother of an artist who is being held in a mental hospital when she was found with her 2nd husbands body. She'd been acquitted for the murder of her first husband.
Kathy
I have never read any of Lisa Unger/Lisa Miscione's writings; however I really enjoyed this psychological thriller. I am looking forward to reading more of her works.
Laura Lucy
I would give this one 3 1/2 if half stars were allowed. This is the first time I've read anything by this author. It was a pretty good read, though some aspects were a bit far-fetched. I do plan on giving Miscione another shot though.
Trish
All stuff written by Lisa Unger is fairly entertaining though these earlier books are slightly more on the trashy end. Would give 2.5 stars if that were an option.
Rita Thomas
I liked the main characters on the book, but parts of this book were too predictable or too over-the-top. Would read more books by the Lydia/Jeffrey team.
Rick
A competent effort, marred by an unweildy and often hard-to-swallow plotline. I have liked the other Lydia Strong books I've read better than this one.
Rachel
The only thing I didn't like about this book is that it seemed to drag the whole time. I liked the story line, it was just really slow to me.
Beth
I would give this book 3.5 stars if I could. I liked it, it was suspenseful. I will definitely read the 3rd "Lydia Strong" novel.
Laura Logan
Aug 11, 2012 Laura Logan marked it as to-read
Shelves: crime
Great book. Love Lisa Unger. she writes with authority and tells a story that keeps the reader wanting more!!
Amber Garabrandt
A truly great thriller. I still prefer her later works but these charracters are growing on me.
John Hanscom
Or maybe even more. I REALLY like the way this author writes, and she is a good storyteller.
Ellie
Once again, never let down by a Lisa Unger book. Truly love her characters.
Pat
puts the thrill in thriller!! Looking forward to the next one!
Jodie
Another nail biter by Lisa Unger. She is an amazing writer!
Cathy
good reading.
Vanessa Campbell
Vanessa Campbell is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2014
Diane
Diane added it
Sep 29, 2014
Kce129
Kce129 marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2014
Jess Lind
Jess Lind marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
  • Black Out
  • Dark Justice
  • Tell No Lies
  • The Ninth Step
  • Sleepwalker (Nightwatcher #2)
  • The Chalk Girl (Kathleen Mallory, #10)
  • The Undrowned Child (The Undrowned Child, #1)
  • Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women Become Monsters
  • Last Kiss Goodbye
  • Blood Atonement (Nigel Barnes #2)
  • Paper Woman (A Mystery of the American Revolution, # 1)
  • Unthinkable (Jane Candiotti, #4)
  • Killer Summer (Walt Fleming, #3)
  • All Fall Down
  • Never Tell (Ellie Hatcher, #4)
  • The Laughterhouse: A Thriller
Aka Lisa Unger

Lisa Miscione is Lisa Unger's maiden name. These four novels in the Lydia Strong series from Lisa Miscione, originally published by St. Martins Minotaur, are now out of print.

In 2011, Broadway re-issued the Lydia Strong series by Lisa Unger, writing as Lisa Miscione.
More about Lisa Miscione...
Angel Fire (Lydia Strong, #1) The Darkness Gathers (Lydia Strong, #2) Smoke (Lydia Strong, #4)