Start by marking “Borrowed Flesh” as Want to Read:
Borrowed Flesh

Borrowed Flesh

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Poor Alex. She thought she would have some fun, take a chance, maybe fool around a little. Instead she’s lying dead in her own blood, cut open like a slaughtered animal. But the worst is still to come. Her tender young flesh will soon be used in an unspeakable act, an unholy ritual that few sane people could even believe. Alex was not the first, nor will she be the last. N ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 340 pages
Published March 28th 2004 by Leisure Books (first published March 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed Flesh

Michael Grant
Sephera Giron’s Borrowed Flesh transports the reader into a realm where the main character, a conflicted witch named Vanessa, must deal with an existential choice. In order to stave off the decay of her own flesh, Vanessa must sacrifice virgins as a means replenishing her youth and beauty.

Vanessa is truly a monster, but Giron’s deft touch makes the witch sympathetic. In fact, I found myself rooting for Vanessa in her horrific quest. And upon reflection, I realized all mankind faces Vanessa’s pli
John Bruni
This is generally a fun book. It wanders a bit and lost my interest a few times in the middle, but there are some really good things going for it. Giron is ruthless, as you'll know by the end. No one is safe in her fiction, and that helps build incredible suspense. Also, she does something very interesting with this book: in any other book, the protagonist, Vanessa, would be the villain. She's not a good person. Maybe she does a good thing here and there, but she is probably evil. I hesitate to ...more
Adam Wilson
All right, you have seen my rating so if you like this book just don’t even bother reading further. If you don’t know anything about this, maybe I can save you some time. Please remember that time is something that, without massive advances in science, you can never get back.
What the hell was this author thinking? I really tried to get into this book. I really did because I love horror but this was just terrible all around. It had a horrible plot that I didn’t even understand in the first place.
Melissa Helwig
The back cover blurb of Borrowed Flesh is misleading and had me pretty disappointed. Basically, it says the book is about a witch who kills virgins and bathes in their blood in order to gain eternal youth. This only happens twice (providing the only gore and horror) and is not the focal point of the novel. Here's what the back cover blurb should say:

Vanessa is a witch with eternal life who makes a living reading tarot cards. When several of the town's women residents come to her for help with th
Erin (*is in a reviewing slump*)
(also posted on website The Paperback Stash)

Sephora Giron brings us the unique story involving a witch who has discovered the secret to eternal life, and the only way to obtain these powers is through death. The death of others that is.

There is one thing that should be said outright concerning the story: The back of the cover blurb makes it seem like something it is not. The murdering of the young girls is not the focal point. Vanessa is definitely the main star, although it’s more about her lif
David Agranoff
Read an interesting interview with the author so I was looking forward to it. Lets put it this way. I think if can't say anything nice at all...
Paul Godfrey
Paul Godfrey marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Brandy Lewis
Brandy Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Cole Hill
Cole Hill marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Dory
Dory marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Felicia Evenden
Felicia Evenden marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Kenisha
Kenisha marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Renee Heroux
Renee Heroux marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sèphera Girón is a multitalented artist with a background in stage, film, and music as well as writing. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Arts Studies with a minor in Psychology from York University and is the author of many books and short stories.

When Sephera isn't writing, she's a professional tarot card reader. She also holds Certificates in Reiki and Touch for Health.
More about Sèphera Girón...
House of Pain Mistress of the Dark The Birds and the Bees Beach Boys: An Anthology Of Erotic Encounters With The Gay Boys Of Summer Hungarian Rhapsody