Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 12 (Nana, #12)” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 12 (Nana, #12)

Nana, Vol. 12 (Nana #12)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  1,828 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Nana 12
Published September 2nd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 12

Jenny Clark
Oct 24, 2015 Jenny Clark rated it really liked it
So now all the threads are comeing together. I am really confused about Ren cause I thought, from other reviews, that something happened in book 21... but I don't know now. Gosh, this series just grabs at your heart and wont let go!
Emma
Jul 28, 2014 Emma rated it it was amazing
"Nana was someone who made me believe in fate, more than anyone I'd ever met before. I felt that the red string that was about to break would be held together by our matching rings." -Hachi
R
Nov 28, 2016 R rated it it was amazing
Love the flash forward but it's confusing!!! (Probably meant to be...) Love this series, loved the movie, love these characters!!
Maite
May 21, 2013 Maite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf, reviewed
Ai Yazawa en su duodécimo volumen de ナナ Nana nos da un vistazo del futuro de los miembros de ブラスト Blats y ハチ Hachi celebrando después de años en el departamento 707 la noche de fuegos artificiales. Sin embargo, rápidamente nos devuelve a un presente donde la boda entre ハチ Hachi y タクミ Takumi es pospuesta para que en su lugar, ナナ Nana y レン Ren celebren el casamiento que estaría a favor de la popularidad deトラネス Trapnest.

タクミ Takumi no se aparta de la imagen que hemos conocido anteriormente, frío y c
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Nóri Somogyi
Dec 05, 2013 Nóri Somogyi rated it really liked it
Mel
Sep 30, 2015 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: japan, manga, friendship, love
Ai Yazawa knows that more than anything we all want is (view spoiler) ...more
Trane
Nov 12, 2008 Trane rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: only to those who are in the middle of reading the Nana series
Shelves: manga-and-comics
While I like the Nana series in generally, this one is a big disappointment. Pure filler, and not particularly enjoyable either. Reading this volume kind of reminded me of what the experience of eating a slightly stale creampuff might be like.

Let's hope the next volume kicks everything back into gear with more plot development, more character development, and just enough movement toward the melancholic/redemptive ending that is sure to be coming somewhere down the pipeline.
mathilda_craft
Jul 28, 2008 mathilda_craft rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, books-i-own
I wish I could give this book 4 and half stars, because it isn't as good as some of the other previous volumes... but it still has it's moments in it that really suck me in. Nana Osaki just does that for me, I guess. I can really compare with her.
Yukino
May 21, 2012 Yukino rated it really liked it
Shelves: miei, 2010, manga
SCIOCCANTE

le prime pagine...all'inizio non le ho comprese e poi piano piano..ma sul più bello..siamo tornati al presente...

che ho fatto di male? voglio leggere il seguito!ma mi sa che dovrò aspettare...povera me! sono una ragazza triste!
Gigi
not a lot happens in this volume either. t's just really digging up the past and resolving things that should of been fixed a long time ago.
Courtney
Sep 02, 2009 Courtney rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
Recommended to Courtney by: My students in Japan
This was probably my least favorite of the Nana books so far. Hachiko bugged me. I have hope that she'll become more self reliant.
Jenni
Apr 17, 2012 Jenni rated it really liked it
Will Hachicko meet Nobu at Reira's (and Shin's) birthday party? If they did, what will their reactions be?

PS. And that pressconference with Ren and Nana were so cute!
Susan
Oct 11, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
This volume started off with a flash-forward and now I'm REALLY afraid things are going to end badly. At least Hachiko seemed happy.... But what happens to Nana?!
Caroline
Mar 21, 2009 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult, series
Things finally start coming together, and the story starts picking up again in this installment. But it adds a lot more intrigue so it kind of makes you want to read more...really fast.
Jenten0018
Aug 11, 2014 Jenten0018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one a lot. Especially when Reira called Haichi to invite her to the party. I wonder what it will be like for Haichi and Noubu to see each other again. I can't wait for the next book.
Saoirse
J'ai moins aimé ce douzième volume. Il ne se passe pas grand-chose et je n'ai pas trop aimé le début avec le passage dans le futur.
Laurianne Uy
Apr 14, 2014 Laurianne Uy rated it it was amazing
Ramiro Franco
Nov 12, 2008 Ramiro Franco rated it it was amazing
The plot continues to progress and our girls continue to be apt at making the worse choices possible.
Amy
Aug 29, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
That "fast forward" bit in the beginning of the book is such a tease~! I wanna know what happens!! (I have my suspicions, but...!) Can't wait for #13!
Oyceter
Sep 26, 2007 Oyceter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The beginning of this volume killed me! Non-spoilery reminder to myself: fireworks and an empty room and yukata.

Full review: http://oyceter.livejournal.com/646155... (spoilers through v. 14)
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This was a fabulous manga series. The characters were really in-depth and the plot was superbly entertaining. I love the two Nana's and how their stories intermix.
Aleina
Feb 25, 2016 Aleina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, wishlist
I am definitely a total fan of NANA. Now I want to see the movie, get the game, buy the cell phone stickers.... This is seriously one of my absolute favorite series!!!! :DDD
Ely
Ely rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Jaqueline
Jaqueline rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Larisa
Larisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Bluebell.
Bluebell. rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Kylar
Kylar rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2017
  • Mars, Volume 09
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 4
  • We Were There, Vol. 9
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 14: Hagoromo
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)

“I don't think avoiding conflict is not caring.

~Shin”
98 likes
“If you don't fight for him, you lose! Fight for him!

~Nana Osaki”