Nana, Vol. 12 (Nana, #12)

Nana, Vol. 12 (Nana #12)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  1,269 ratings  ·  22 reviews
• An ongoing manga series—over 17 volumes with over 38.3 million copies sold to date in Japan
• Every volume has reached the TOP 10 in Japan’s best-seller list.
• Inspired an anime series, live action movies, music CD, and PS2 game
• VIZ Media has the rights for the Nana anime series.
• VIZ Pictures is rel...more
Published September 2nd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 5th 2005)

Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaFruits Basket, Volume 12 by Natsuki TakayaNana, Vol. 21 by Ai YazawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 05 by Bisco HatoriNana, Vol. 12 by Ai Yazawa
Most touching mangas
5th out of 112 books — 19 voters
Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon HaleAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiLife Sucks by Jessica AbelGakuen Alice, Vol. 01 by Tachibana HiguchiSand Chronicles, Vol. 1 by Hinako Ashihara
Great Graphic Novels for Teens? 2007-2008
80th out of 158 books — 166 voters

More lists with this book...

Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Maite
Ai Yazawa en su duodécimo volumen de ナナ Nana nos da un vistazo del futuro de los miembros de ブラスト Blats y ハチ Hachi celebrando después de años en el departamento 707 la noche de fuegos artificiales. Sin embargo, rápidamente nos devuelve a un presente donde la boda entre ハチ Hachi y タクミ Takumi es pospuesta para que en su lugar, ナナ Nana y レン Ren celebren el casamiento que estaría a favor de la popularidad deトラネス Trapnest.

タクミ Takumi no se aparta de la imagen que hemos conocido anteriormente, frío y c...more
Nóri Somogyi
Emma
Jul 28, 2014 Emma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
"Nana was someone who made me believe in fate, more than anyone I'd ever met before. I felt that the red string that was about to break would be held together by our matching rings." -Hachi
Laurianne Uy
Trane
Nov 12, 2008 Trane rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: only to those who are in the middle of reading the Nana series
Shelves: manga-and-comics
While I like the Nana series in generally, this one is a big disappointment. Pure filler, and not particularly enjoyable either. Reading this volume kind of reminded me of what the experience of eating a slightly stale creampuff might be like.

Let's hope the next volume kicks everything back into gear with more plot development, more character development, and just enough movement toward the melancholic/redemptive ending that is sure to be coming somewhere down the pipeline.
Grace
not a lot happens in this volume either. t's just really digging up the past and resolving things that should of been fixed a long time ago.
Angela (:
Everyone's such a flirt. ><
mathilda_craft
I wish I could give this book 4 and half stars, because it isn't as good as some of the other previous volumes... but it still has it's moments in it that really suck me in. Nana Osaki just does that for me, I guess. I can really compare with her.
Yukino
SCIOCCANTE

le prime pagine...all'inizio non le ho comprese e poi piano piano..ma sul più bello..siamo tornati al presente...

che ho fatto di male? voglio leggere il seguito!ma mi sa che dovrò aspettare...povera me! sono una ragazza triste!
Oyceter
The beginning of this volume killed me! Non-spoilery reminder to myself: fireworks and an empty room and yukata.

Full review: http://oyceter.livejournal.com/646155... (spoilers through v. 14)
Caroline
Things finally start coming together, and the story starts picking up again in this installment. But it adds a lot more intrigue so it kind of makes you want to read more...really fast.
Jenni
Will Hachicko meet Nobu at Reira's (and Shin's) birthday party? If they did, what will their reactions be?

PS. And that pressconference with Ren and Nana were so cute!
Susan
This volume started off with a flash-forward and now I'm REALLY afraid things are going to end badly. At least Hachiko seemed happy.... But what happens to Nana?!
Amy
That "fast forward" bit in the beginning of the book is such a tease~! I wanna know what happens!! (I have my suspicions, but...!) Can't wait for #13!
Courtney
Sep 02, 2009 Courtney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
Recommended to Courtney by: My students in Japan
This was probably my least favorite of the Nana books so far. Hachiko bugged me. I have hope that she'll become more self reliant.
Ramiro Franco
The plot continues to progress and our girls continue to be apt at making the worse choices possible.
Ariana
I love that Nana and Ren got married
The story is getting better and better :)
ArdnAskelA
Un peu du mal avec ce tome. Je crois que c'est le début qui m'a perturbé :S
Catherine Schaff-Stump
Approaching Paradise Kiss, drama built as only Ai Yazawa can build it.
Stephanie Meehan
i can't stop reading these. so addictive
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Timothy
Timothy is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
  • Honey and Clover, Volume 3
  • MARS, Volume 13
  • We Were There, Vol. 2
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 7
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 16
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie...more
More about Ai Yazawa...
Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1) Paradise Kiss, Volume 1 Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2) Paradise Kiss, Volume 2 Paradise Kiss, Volume 3

“I don't think avoiding conflict is not caring.

~Shin”
84 likes
“If you don't fight for him, you lose! Fight for him!

~Nana Osaki”