Start by marking “What Does The Bible Really Teach?” as Want to Read:
What Does The Bible Really Teach?

What Does The Bible Really Teach?

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  50 reviews
The Bible provides the key to your enjoying a truly satisfying life. It can help you to deal with problems. Would you like to find out what the Bible really teaches? This book will help you.
paperback, 223 pages
Published 2005 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

To ask other readers questions about What Does The Bible Really Teach?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Does The Bible Really Teach?

Kim
I was really surprised to find this on here. I thought, let me just see. And here it is. I'm currently studying this book. It really is a great source to find out what the Bible really teaches and puts to rest a lot of confusion. This book strengthens my faith very much. I've shared copies with some of my friends in hopes to get them to open their minds and their Bibles so they can find out the truth.
Karen
This is a Watchtower publication used by Jehovah's Witnesses in Bible studies. You do not, however, need to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses to get anything from this book. I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses; I learned more from this book than I did in 20 years of going to church and it is because of this book that I decided to study the Bible on my own.

For those who are simply interested in learning about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe this book is a great introduction. And you can get a free
Veise
Well, I saw the heart of the Scriptures just from looking at the 'blue pages', as I call them. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that, all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching and setting things straight. It also gave me hope of a future w/o all these negative realities of today.
Janice
I was able to reason on the Bible with the aid of this book and see that God really does care for us. Easy to read, I used my own Bible to verify scriptures. One point I appreciated was finding God has a name. Psalms 83:18 gives his name as Jehovah. Jesus was his son and very special person. I recommend this book.
Pam10
It just explains the truth so beautifully and simply. it's so direct in what the bible really teaches =)
Mark
If you're interested in learning about what the Jehovah's Witnesses believe, this is a great starting point. While there is much that I disagree with, this small book conveys their beliefs in a fair manner.
Jawe Querimit
If you believe in the bible and want to know more about it, this is the perfect book for you.
Stuart Laughlin
I don't think I can really give a star-rating to this one. Interesting read; really awful theology. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses now, and look forward to an opportunity to discuss with them. Probably the most striking thing to me was how impoverished their religion is when compared to the robust historic Christianity I believe and practice. I feel sorry for them that they are missing out on so much glorious good news. Lots I can agree with in he ...more
Patti
If you want to know more about the bible and improve your relationship with God, you must read this book. It contains the truth about His Word and is laid out in a way that helps you learn in a progressive manor, although I find that discussing it with one of Jehovah's Witnesses that could help answer my questions to be the best way to go. But PLEASE read this with your copy of the Bible!!
Barbara
This book is published by Jehovah's Witnesses. It is organized topically with supporting scriptures on subjects such as God's Kingdom, Jesus Christ, the sanctity of life and blood, and family life. I would encourage anyone to read the book with an open mind and an open Bible. See for yourself and don't take anyone else's word for it."

Olivia Rosenberger
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This book helps others to know the truth about the bible. If u would like to study the bible with one of Jehovah's Witnesses, go to our web site at jw.org
Lionkhan-sama
Jul 03, 2014 Lionkhan-sama rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lionkhan-sama by: Nathan 'Skippy' Smith
Wow. What an experience.
Let me start of by saying I am of the Islamic faith, and have been all my life. I am perfectly happy and convinced by my faith and I did not start reading this book, as an alternative to my religion.

My friend gave me this book, and recommended I read it to understand some of the philosophies and thoughts of Jehovah's Witnesses, as me and him are always discussing many varied topics that realm on the form of religions and religious thought.

I have always been somewhat scept
Dulce
Mar 10, 2014 Dulce rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to know the Truth
Recommended to Dulce by: Jehovah :)
I have a wise teacher who is in the Truth more than 50 years. I'm a teenager, so I have curiosity bubbling my head that I ask questions and ALWAYS--did she used to give scriptural reasoning!
She became an exceptional aid to my lifeless life and healed me up by teaching me about the Wonders of the true God, Jehovah through this book.
My love for Him slowly started to unfurl and grow, that I am grateful for everything he provides for those who wish to seek Him.
David Howell
I have a good friend who happens to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses,and he recommended this book to me.A very thoughtful approach to the Bible and a good introduction to Watchtower Beliefs,it is beautifully illustrated and well put together.I recommend this book to anyone interested in the Watchtower Society and the organazation as a whole
Sandy
The best book ever to help one understand basic Bible Truths. All information is from the Bible and answers many of life's questions.
Danny Sifonte
Jan 03, 2010 Danny Sifonte is currently reading it
it always teaches me many important life lessons and it teaches me more about how i should live my life.
Alexis
So good! So happy to have this book and share it with others.
Melissa Waters
An excellent learning aid to be used with your Bible!!
Andrey
What can i say?
It is the truth!
Valentina
First of all, how does one even rate a religious study book?
There are no characters to analyze, no plot to unravel. My only other option was to rate the writing style, which was overly-enthusiastic! And even a tad condescending! Look at all the exclamation marks!1!
In the end, I decided to follow the Goodreads definition of each star - hence my 1-star rating, for I did not enjoy this book. It doesn't mean it's bad, though - it offered an interesting insight of how other people think. However, by
Tariq Binhatem Albalooshi
و أنا أمشي في إحدى شوارع لندن مع احد الأصدقاء، إذا بفتاة توزع مثل هذه الكتب المختصة بالتوراة و الإنجيل ( العهد القديم و الجديد ) فتوجهت لها و أخذت بعض الكتيبات، فقال صديقي : أتقرأ الإنجيل !!! أتشك في القرآن ؟؟ فقلت له : كَوني أقرأ الإنجيل لا يعني انني أؤمن به، فليس كل ما يُقرأ يؤخذ ..
ذكرت هذه القصة لأنها مشابهة لِما طرحه هذا الكتاب في احدى أجزائه مناشداً بالقراءة و الإطلاع على كل شيء و من ثم الأخذ بالصحيح ..

هذا الكتاب يغض النظر كثيراً عن النقاط السلبية في التوراة الدموية و الإنجيل المتناقض في ك
Ocean
(Disclaimer: English is not my native language. I read this book in Spanish. I'm not religious.)

I wasn't entirely certain how to rate this book, so I thought I should explain why I settled on 3 stars.

Let's start with the format:

It's small (about 11cm X 16 cm), flexible, portable (Like Mushu says: "Of course! I'm travel size for your convenience!"), with beautiful illustrations, questions to guide you in your studies and a few lines at the end of every chapter summarizing what you've learned ab
MsPage
A logical yet comforting introduction to the inspired book that intimidates many readers today.
Hector Chicas
Best book to learn the basic principles found in the human manual given to us by God, the bible.
Aundrea O'Connor
It's giving me a pretty good view on what the Bible teaches. Very easy to follow. (12/15/11)
Florentina
Still not sure what the bible really teaches, but it did give me a few laughs.
Victoria
if you ever wounder about what the Bible really teach........ read this book.
Pseudo Surrealist
Jan 04, 2008 Pseudo Surrealist rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all
Really great for those just learning about the bible.
Chelsey Franklin
Jan 06, 2008 Chelsey Franklin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Great overview of the basic themes of the Bible!
Linda
Everyone should read this wonderful book!!!
  • New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Genesis and the Big Bang Theory: The Discovery Of Harmony Between Modern Science And The Bible
  • The Best Things in Life: A Contemporary Socrates Looks at Power, Pleasure, Truth & the Good Life
  • At the Corner of East and Now: A Modern Life in Ancient Christian Orthodoxy
  • Bedlam: A Year in the Life of a Mental Hospital
  • Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ
  • Neither Poverty Nor Riches: Illuminating the Riddle
  • What are the Seven Wonders of the World?: And 100 Other Great Cultural Lists--Fully Explicated
  • The Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles: Their Nature and Legacy
  • Judges for You
  • Eyes Wide Open: Enjoying God in Everything
  • Biblical Literacy: The Most Important People, Events, and Ideas of the Hebrew Bible
  • Tilly Trotter Widowed
  • Original Sin: A Cultural History
  • What Every Woman Wants in a Man/What Every Man Wants in a Woman: 10 Essentials for Growing Deeper in Love |10 Qualities for Nurturing Intimacy
  • The Privilege of Being a Woman
  • Galileo Goes to Jail: And Other Myths about Science and Religion
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization headquartered in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, United States. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society".
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...
My Book of Bible Stories The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work Mankind’s Search for God Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy!