Start by marking “The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, 5th Edition” as Want to Read:
The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, 5th Edition

The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, 5th Edition

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
THE WADSWORTH ANTHOLOGY OF DRAMA, BRIEF EDITION offers you a bold and most distinguished introduction to drama packed with exciting plays usefully situated within their historical and cultural contexts.
Published February 15th 2006 by Wadsworth Publishing (first published January 13th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, 5th Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wadsworth Anthology of Drama, 5th Edition

Susan
A clear and concise history of theatre. This was actually the text book for my University degree in theatre so obviously holds a lot of information in it.

I think in terms of history of theatre I think you could read any history of theatre and get basically the same information, however this one gives clear examples and also holds full lec=ngth plays in it's pages to read and refer back to. Which is VERY handy.
Jessica Barkl
For anyone interested in an introductory course of the genre of playwrighting, this is a fabulous beginning. It covers all of the major Western/Eastern seminal works and also has many multi-cultural/revisionist history offerings. I adored teaching with it, and I can't recommend it enough.
Ricky German
I haven't read a ton of drama anthologies. However, I will say that I like this one for two reasons: A) It is a nice collection of important plays from each era in history, B) It gives good context for the shows. Plus, you get lots of good plays. I've definitely referenced this over and over.
Asho
A nice anthology for use in an introduction to Western theatre class. It's possible to teach almost an entire fairly well-rounded course from this book with just a few additions.
Nining Ngadimun
Textbook for Drama ENGL 1525 with fabulous Mdm Sheena!
Nining Ngadimun
Extra reading for Drama ENGL 1525.
Alexandra Grimshaw
Alexandra Grimshaw marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Faezeh Mortazavi
Faezeh Mortazavi marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Rowena
Rowena added it
May 13, 2014
Titanilla
Titanilla marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jesus Miguel
Jesus Miguel marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Erik
Erik added it
Mar 12, 2014
Bryn Stevenson-davies
Bryn Stevenson-davies marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
William B. Worthen has a Ph.D., English literature from the Princeton University and a B.A., summa cum laude, English literature from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
He has published a number of works with focus on: Drama and performance studies, Modern drama and performance, Shakespeare.
He has received numerous awards and grants.
More about W.B. Worthen...
The Harcourt Brace Anthology Of Drama The Harcourt Anthology of Drama, Brief Edition Theorizing Practice: Redefining Theatre History Shakespeare and the Force of Modern Performance Shakespeare and the Authority of Performance