Start by marking “Something More” as Want to Read:
Something More

Something More

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  30 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Janet Dailey comes a captivating story of a man who's given up, a woman who won't let go, and a race to find a treasure that could bring them wealth and so much more.

Life in Glory, Wyoming, population fifty-one, isn't exactly exciting. The dusty old town isn't even on the map. And for rancher Luke McCallister, that's just fine. Broke
Published July 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Something More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something More

Cathy
A "formula" book. Predictable plot. The only time I took notice was when the old ranch hand said "whom do you suppose..." I kept thinking that maybe he was really someone in disguise - more likely just an editing error.
Beth
Eh. This book could've really used an epilogue. It's classified as a romance but there's really very little of that. It's not a bad story, just not as involved and finished as it could have been.
Erin
It was ok. I figured out the big secret about 1/4 the way into the book, and there wasn't even that much romance. I like a lot of romance, so I was disappointed in that.
Marianne
I couldn't wait to finish this boring book, and I did not like the ending.
First time with this author, don't think I'll read any more.
Karenzielinski
A mystery, a western, a romance. Meh. Recommended by a friend but not my cup of tea. Cliched ending, don't waste your time.
Ellen
There is a reason it took me so long to finish this book - it's awful. Waste of my time.
Rachelle
this was such a sweet read. For a change I read a book that really just focused on the characters and the story. I loved reading how each of the characters showed what their weaknesses were and as the story progressed they started to confront each of their issues and began to realize that all they really wanted was already right there in front of them. It was easy to relate with each of the characters as well and understand why they felt the way they did because I think each of us have been in t ...more
KDawn
Well, while the story was cute, I found the writing in this one overly melodramatic. Let's face it, do I need details about 'why' he drank his milk (to flush his half chewed food) or us it enough to just say he sipped his milk? I realized half way through that the author used to write romance novels and that explained a lot. There was just far to much detail in the wrong things. Still, the story was cute and I DID finish it! So, I don't know that I'd pick up another of her books or not. The char ...more
April
An okay, easy read but very predictable.
Meaghan
fun story with a happy ending
Rae
I really enjoyed this book. It was a beautiful story set in the beautiful state of Wyoming about a woman in possession of a letter from her great, great grandfather that tells where he hid the gold after a train robbery before he was hanged for his crime. A story of family, loss, greed, love. Loved it.
Emilie
Best lines:

On one hand, a man would be a champion fool to look for something that isn't there. But on the other, what if it is, and he just sits on his duff? It strikes me that fella is dumber than the first
Julianne
Wyoming cowboy, Iowa farmgirl, a town so small it isn't even on the map, its gossipy proprietor and buried treasure! Several interesting characters make this a pretty good Western adventure!
Angie
An enjoyable, easy read. I liked the book. A tad predictable in the end but interesting story. A little bit of potential love but not a romance. A mystery. I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could.
Kresti Lyddon
Nice, easy read - like most Janet Dailey books. I wanted more of a romance, though, and although there is some, the book ends before the romance really blossoms.
Jenny Bushman
It's nice to read a book every once in a while where you don't have to think. Not much to this one, but I enjoyed it--I usually enjoy everything I read!
Sunshinejulie
I really liked the ending to this book. It made me think about all the things I sometimes take for granted that I have in my life.
Annamarie
Janet Daily still keeps me entertained after all these years. This is a nice paced story with just the right touch of intrigue.
Tiffany
I liked this one a lot- strong characters but the hint of romance- some mystery and the 'ol "search for the lost treasure" too!
Swhe641200
September 2011 Joyce Smith book about a granddaughter who goes to Wyoming to claim her grandfather's body. Good Story.
Sara Smith
Thought this was just a romance, but actually had somewhat of a treasure hunt searching for gold.
Helen Peter
A story of a woman's search for buried treasure and the journey to find it.
Aleta
Ehhh... nice story - but what a fairytale happy ending! Not really realistic.
Angie
I liked this "brain candy", but I wasn't crazy about the ending.
Nancy
I like this kind of story to listen to in my car.
Shelly
Fun read, but I thought it was predictable.
Tatrd
Not really any romance but a good book.
Christel
Jul 17, 2009 Christel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Christel by: fan of author
Not one of her best but it was okay.
Julianne
Very predictable
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • The Goliath Bone
  • The Maverick Prince (Rich, Rugged And Royal #1)
  • Lonesome River (Wabash River, #1)
  • The Dark Prince (Royal Blood Chronicles, #3)
  • Woman in Red
  • Allegiance (River of Souls Series, #3)
  • Nothing Happened and Then It Did: A Chronicle in Fact and Fiction
  • Ride a Painted Pony
  • His Girl Friday
  • Someone Like You
  • Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Sequels Bundle: Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, Mr. Darcy's Diary, Mr. and Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One
  • Last Flight Out
  • The Bridge To Caracas (The King Trilogy #1)
  • The Pirate Devlin
  • The Mysterious Secret of the Valuable Treasure
  • Billion-Dollar Baby Bargain
  • Spectacle
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)