Start by marking “Immaculate Reception (Madeline Bean, #2)” as Want to Read:
Immaculate Reception (Madeline Bean, #2)

Immaculate Reception (Madeline Bean #2)

The Pope is coming to breakfast, and Madeline Bean's got frittatas on the skillet. What a coup for gourmet caterer Mad Bean and her company, the event-planning wizards, chosen to mastermind L.A.'s official welcoming extravaganza. Pulling off the early morning meal for His Holiness, and two thousand high profile bigwigs, sounds like great fun for the unflappable Ms. Bean.

Bu
Mass Market Paperback, 242 pages
Published October 1st 2001 by Avon (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Immaculate Reception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immaculate Reception

The Wedding Diary by Margaret JamesVision in White by Nora RobertsParty Girl by Rachel HollisBed of Roses by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Fictional Planners
29th out of 95 books — 84 voters
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan BradleyThe Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. KingA Fatal Grace by Louise PennyOne for the Money by Janet EvanovichMurder With Peacocks by Donna Andrews
Agatha Mystery Award Nominees and Winners
127th out of 128 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Mark Baker
Mar 07, 2014 Mark Baker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, 2001
The pope is coming to LA, and Madeline is catering the welcome breakfast. But while prepping, she finds a letter that seems to confess to a murder, and it sets her off on a mystery with ties to the past. Still my favorite in the series with a fast paced, twisty plot and such wonderful characters.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Dharia Scarab
Jul 12, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

4 sta
February Four
Feb 13, 2016 February Four rated it really liked it
Phew, talk about ambition. The Pope! Plot twists I cannot address because of spoilers! Nice. On to the next one!
Suzanne
Jan 14, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Emily, Ginny
Recommended to Suzanne by: AVM Challenge - winged creature
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I'd even go 4.5 stars - what an awesome read! I just love this series. I really love Maddie and Wes, and I love reading about their catering and event planning. The mystery was really good, and particularly intriguing as an 'old' mystery became part of the 'new' mystery. (view spoiler) ...more
Debbie Maskus
Jul 22, 2012 Debbie Maskus rated it it was ok
Jerrilyn Farmer writes a gentle mystery set in California. The amateur detectives are the owners of a catering service. Madeline Bean and her partner Wesley blunder along until the mystery is solved, and still have time to socialize and to work. In this episode, the Pope will briefly visit Los Angeles, and Madeline and Wesley are the caterers for a breakfast for the Pope. An ex-boyfriend, who is now a Jesuit, throws an unwanted complication for Madeline. Farmer gives a glimpse of the life style ...more
Nancy Gerards
Oct 30, 2015 Nancy Gerards rated it it was ok
way to far fetched....
MB
Dec 05, 2011 MB rated it it was ok
Looking for a new cozy mystery series, and this isn't it. Too many unbelievable actions by the characters. Too many missed clues that were too obvious to the reader, but the sleuth didn't catch. Found the Hollywood characters to be over-the-top stereotypical. Just not my style.
Natalie
Jun 15, 2008 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I happened to come across another Maddie Bean story and enjoyed it, so I thought I would try another. I am glad I did because I really enjoy the way these stories are written. They are fun and full of "mystery".
Ubalstecha
Jul 27, 2011 Ubalstecha rated it really liked it
The second of the Madeline Bean Catering mysteries. Fun, and perhaps better than the first one. This one involves the Pope, an ex-lover who is now a Jesuit priest and the Nazis.
Nancy Savonick
Aug 04, 2008 Nancy Savonick rated it really liked it
Just discovered this series, and it's very exciting. An endearingly-quirky group of characters makes for entertaining reading.
Nancy H
Aug 04, 2014 Nancy H rated it liked it
This is a good mystery set in the Hollywood scene but involving an old WWII scandal involving a pope and murder.
Mandy Huot
Jun 13, 2012 Mandy Huot rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was quite tasty, honestly! HAHA. But seriously, it was really well written and I enjoyed it.
Muriel
Apr 27, 2008 Muriel rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2005, mystery
This is the second in the Mad Bean series which is just fluffy fun.
Cybele
Jul 13, 2008 Cybele rated it liked it
Another funny, clever book.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Rebecca Baker
Rebecca Baker rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2016
Andrew Codling
Andrew Codling rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
T
T marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Marybeth
Marybeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Pamela Everett
Pamela Everett rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Lesley Floyd
Lesley Floyd marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Claudia McKay
Claudia McKay rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
  • A Knife to Remember (Jane Jeffry, #5)
  • Death by Rhubarb (Heaven Lee, #1)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • Fried by Jury (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #10)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • The Battered Body (A Supper Club Mystery, #5)
  • Sucker Punch (A Candy Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Death Makes the Cut (Jocelyn Shore #2)
  • Polished Off (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #3)
  • Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer, #1)
Jerrilyn Farmer, the author of the acclaimed, award-winning Madeline Bean novels, is a TV writer who has written for game shows such as Jeopardy! and Supermarket Sweep, and sketch comedy specials for Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Timothy Stack, Cheri Oteri, Tim Meadows, and others. Farmer also teaches mystery writing at the UCLA Extension's Writers Program.

More about Jerrilyn Farmer...

Madeline Bean (8 books)
  • Sympathy for the Devil (Madeline Bean, #1)
  • Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3)
  • Dim Sum Dead (Madeline Bean, #4)
  • Mumbo Gumbo (Madeline Bean, #5)
  • Perfect Sax (Madeline Bean, #6)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Desperately Seeking Sushi (Madeline Bean, #8)