Start by marking “Alaska Twilight” as Want to Read:
Alaska Twilight

Alaska Twilight

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews

"You're afraid of really living, Haley." He flicked his finger at her camera. "You hide behind your camera instead of stepping out and engaging life with both hands. You're so afraid you'll fail at something, you won't even try."

Published March 5th 2006 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Alaska Twilight, please sign up.

Beth Price jones It is a stand all ne book, but I hope she makes a series out of it.

Sep 12, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok
2.5 stars--Christian romantic suspense--Woman goes to Alaska to photograph a guy who deals with bears, finds out something about parents who were killed. Irritating in places.
Sep 29, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
I struggled a little bit rating this one. It held my interest, I enjoyed it, and I loved the mix of mystery and romance. There were simply several times during the course of the book that I found something a little hard to fully believe, so I considered rating it a three, but entertainment value won out and I went with a four. The author does a very good job making the reader feel they are actually experiencing the Alaskan wilderness, and I enjoyed the characters of Haley, Brooke, and Tank. If y ...more
May 29, 2015 Becca rated it it was ok
Unimpressed. That's how I describe my attitude through the entirety of this book. I can't really blame the author; freelance writers tend to be of an, er, lesser quality.
The usage of Christianity felt forced, the relationships were very superficial, the dialogue was synonymous with a 14 year olds creative writing assignment. Just a lot about this was over all unimpressive. Not recommended to anyone younger than 40 of Protestant religion who doesn't spend their days knitting and watching family
Jun 09, 2014 JoAnne rated it really liked it
This book has a pretty heavy Christian message. Haley Walsh has come back to Alaska where she lived until she was eight and her sister died, she lost part of her leg and then her parents sent her away. Haley and her grandmother, Augusta, are working with Kipp Nowak who makes TV documentaries with bears. Augusta is a writer and Haley is a photographer. Haley's parents had died in a fire a year earlier. She wonders about the fire but since she had no real contact with them, it doesn't seem to matt ...more
May 15, 2010 Coco rated it it was amazing
How can Haley emerge from the shadows of past sorrow into the light of forgiveness and grace?

For some people, Alaska is a breathtaking wilderness adventure, full of light and beauty. For Haley, it is a dangerous world of dark dreams and tortured memories. On the surface, she's here to document wildlife activist Kipp Nowak's work with bears. But her real reason is to unearth the truth about a past murder. The suspense mounts when another body turns up, and Haley begins to wonder if the tragedies
Virginia Campbell
Author Colleen Coble's contemporary romantic suspense tale, "Alaska Twilight", features an unusual heroine. When Haley Walsh returns to Stalwart, Alaska, a small community with big secrets, more threats than just painful memories are lying in wait. On assignment to document a celebrity wildlife expert's interaction with bears in the wild, she also plans to seek out the truth about the suspicious death of her parents. Grudgingly along on the expedition is Tank Lassiter, a local biologist who has ...more
Jun 24, 2013 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Haley Mitchell is a photographer that is given the rare opportunity to document biologist Tank Lassiter's work with bears in Alaska. She loves the beauty of the wilderness, but knows how deadly it can really be. Haley struggles with trying to find clues to the mystery of her past, but is strangely drawn to the wilderness - and Tank.

Haley is in Alaska for reasons of her own, and so is Tank. He could never imagine living anywhere but Alaska, and with a little girl to raise on his own, he couldn't
Carolyn Poppell
Oct 04, 2014 Carolyn Poppell added it
Recommends it for: Young Adults +
Alaska Twilight is a great adventurous book with a good mystery that lasted the whole book. Haley had a difficult situation that she is trying to work out which she did with the help of Tank, her aunt, and sister. The random bear facts and descriptions of Alaska made the book seem more real and easier to connect to. There was also romance with a good looking guy who was a caring father. Overall this was a good book with family values and the example that everyone can get through problems with su ...more
T.J. West
Jan 24, 2016 T.J. West rated it liked it
I like reading the "Women of Faith" books, but there is a certain barrier that makes the stories lack..I know it's the faith of these writers that they can only go so far with their characters..The stories are fun and the there is romance, but the romance always lack..I'm into stories that have a juicy romance in them if there is one to be started..
Anyways, this story was fun to read and I enjoyed some of the characters..
Mar 12, 2014 Elaine rated it really liked it
Another good story. It was very interesting reading about Haley and how she handles her handicap. I enjoyed reading about Alaska. Some day I will get there. I really liked how Bree, Kade and Samson from the Rock Harbor series were there and were able to help out. Anyway, this was another great Colleen Coble story. Suspense and romance together for a good, clean, interesting read. Thanks, Colleen!
Sarah Grace
May 21, 2015 Sarah Grace rated it liked it
This was the first book I have read by Colleen Coble, and I truly enjoyed it. Though there were some things that were predictable, there was a good amount of unpredictability as well. She also did a great job giving her characters individuality. A good read, with adventure, and suspense. I definitely would recommend it and I think I may have to pick up another of her books. :)
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this inspirational fiction. There is quite a bit of mystery thrown in as the main character tries to come to grips with her family's past, even as she falls in love with the wilderness guide assigned to help their group. I liked the characters and the storyline, and am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Nov 12, 2012 Kristyn rated it it was ok
Had the murderer figured out by the third chapter, but kept reading to see why. I lumbered through the middle to see the semi-okay romance develop. But by the end, just when I thought the suspense might make the story better, it got so far-fetched that I was groaning in misery. WAY too many coincidences and just too predictable throughout. The last few chapters really just became laughable they were so ridiculous.

Probably deserves one star, but I usually reserve that for books I can't stand to e
Cathy Cramer
Jan 22, 2016 Cathy Cramer rated it really liked it
Enjoyable mystery about bears in Alaska.

Aw! I liked one of the characters that ...

I didn't figure out the mystery.

This is an author that my mother-in-law has enjoyed before, with a setting I also think she'd like, so I'll give her the book soon. I enjoyed Colleen Coble's Hawaiian series more.
Feb 11, 2016 Carman rated it it was amazing
I like this book, though I don't always agree with Coble's views on the nature of God. She sometimes says things about Him that I don't agree with. But, it was a very good mystery! I never guessed who it was in this one.
Jul 13, 2015 Jill rated it really liked it
Romance and Suspense, I didn't have it all figured out until it was explained........well, I did figure out the last few pages of the romance part!!! Had to stay up to finish it off.
Jessica Moniz
Aug 03, 2015 Jessica Moniz rated it liked it
Coble's writing frustrates me, but her stories and characters continue to capture my attention and keep me intrigued until the very last page.
Ann Marie
Jan 03, 2012 Ann Marie rated it it was ok

Alaska Twilight is a Christian romance novel. I didn't know that when I borrowed this from a friend, and I'm not sure that she did either since it was a gift and she hadn't read it yet.

It was strange to read a romance novel that wasn't even a little bit on the risque side. Every time there was dialogue along these lines, "We can't have a future until you work through your issues with God" I was reminded that this is part of the 'Women of Faith Fiction' series. (Ok, got it)

I gave Alaska Twilight
Jun 26, 2016 Celinda rated it really liked it
I would love to go to Alaska, but I know I never will, so I choose to read books whose story is based there. This was a good mystery as are all of Colleen Coble's stories. Worth reading!
Bonnie Dieffenbacher
Jan 21, 2016 Bonnie Dieffenbacher rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked learning about bears and Alaska, while enjoying a nice Christian romance with a little mystery, too.
Becky Lee
Feb 09, 2016 Becky Lee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I had a hard time at the beginning cause there were so many subplots but once the action really started rolling it was hard to put the book down.
Kathy Gray
Sep 25, 2014 Kathy Gray rated it really liked it
I think I have a new favorite author. I thought this was a great book. Plus, I really like to read about Alaska.
Feb 17, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Excellent love story. The ups and downs of life bringing two people together to live loved and at peace.
Rosalie Durbin
Feb 17, 2016 Rosalie Durbin rated it liked it
Shelves: own
A good christian book about Alaska with some love thrown in.
Aug 14, 2015 Carolynn rated it it was amazing
Great book with lots of detail about Alaska wrapped around the story of a photographer trying to put her past to rest.
Nov 01, 2015 Colleen rated it it was amazing
Excellent Christian book with suspense that takes place in beautiful and wild Alaska.

A page turner!
Jan 19, 2012 Audrey rated it liked it
Read this for book club. I enjoyed the Alaskan setting and learning about bears and surviving in the bush. I thought Colleen Coble put in some great elements, and her characters were good overall. However, this is a romantic suspense, and I found the mystery to be all over the place at times. There were just so many different people, and sisters, and affairs, and family members...hard to keep up with. I would have preferred more of an explanation at the end. Oh, and maybe a picture of "Tank" on ...more
Gara Hudson
Jul 27, 2014 Gara Hudson rated it liked it
Choppy! Tried to tell too much story too quickly.
Kami Reeve
Feb 16, 2014 Kami Reeve rated it liked it
Fun. Clean. Kind of predictable. But that's ok!
Sep 29, 2014 Margy rated it really liked it
Great mystery, love story.
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces #1)
  • Before I Wake
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)
  • The Day of Reckoning (Baxter #2)
  • RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel
  • Stranded in Paradise
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

“I'd trusted in my own strength about so many things. I realized God delights in using the weak and fearful.” 0 likes
“When we sin or
make a mistake, we try to learn from it. We don't hold on to it and nurse our feelings of unworthiness.”