Start by marking “Alaska Twilight” as Want to Read:
Alaska Twilight

Alaska Twilight

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,059 ratings  ·  73 reviews

"You're afraid of really living, Haley." He flicked his finger at her camera. "You hide behind your camera instead of stepping out and engaging life with both hands. You're so afraid you'll fail at something, you won't even try."

Published March 7th 2006 by WestBow Press

To ask other readers questions about Alaska Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alaska Twilight

A Lasting Impression by Tamera AlexanderThe Fairest Beauty by Melanie DickersonThe Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen CobleShort-Straw Bride by Karen WitemeyerTo Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander
Prettiest Christian Fiction Book Covers
247th out of 419 books — 358 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
495th out of 1,646 books — 2,005 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
2.5 stars--Christian romantic suspense--Woman goes to Alaska to photograph a guy who deals with bears, finds out something about parents who were killed. Irritating in places.
Barbara
I struggled a little bit rating this one. It held my interest, I enjoyed it, and I loved the mix of mystery and romance. There were simply several times during the course of the book that I found something a little hard to fully believe, so I considered rating it a three, but entertainment value won out and I went with a four. The author does a very good job making the reader feel they are actually experiencing the Alaskan wilderness, and I enjoyed the characters of Haley, Brooke, and Tank. If y ...more
JoAnne
This book has a pretty heavy Christian message. Haley Walsh has come back to Alaska where she lived until she was eight and her sister died, she lost part of her leg and then her parents sent her away. Haley and her grandmother, Augusta, are working with Kipp Nowak who makes TV documentaries with bears. Augusta is a writer and Haley is a photographer. Haley's parents had died in a fire a year earlier. She wonders about the fire but since she had no real contact with them, it doesn't seem to matt ...more
Mary
How can Haley emerge from the shadows of past sorrow into the light of forgiveness and grace?

For some people, Alaska is a breathtaking wilderness adventure, full of light and beauty. For Haley, it is a dangerous world of dark dreams and tortured memories. On the surface, she's here to document wildlife activist Kipp Nowak's work with bears. But her real reason is to unearth the truth about a past murder. The suspense mounts when another body turns up, and Haley begins to wonder if the tragedies
Virginia Campbell
Author Colleen Coble's contemporary romantic suspense tale, "Alaska Twilight", features an unusual heroine. When Haley Walsh returns to Stalwart, Alaska, a small community with big secrets, more threats than just painful memories are lying in wait. On assignment to document a celebrity wildlife expert's interaction with bears in the wild, she also plans to seek out the truth about the suspicious death of her parents. Grudgingly along on the expedition is Tank Lassiter, a local biologist who has ...more
Deborah
Haley Mitchell is a photographer that is given the rare opportunity to document biologist Tank Lassiter's work with bears in Alaska. She loves the beauty of the wilderness, but knows how deadly it can really be. Haley struggles with trying to find clues to the mystery of her past, but is strangely drawn to the wilderness - and Tank.

Haley is in Alaska for reasons of her own, and so is Tank. He could never imagine living anywhere but Alaska, and with a little girl to raise on his own, he couldn't
Carolyn Poppell
Oct 04, 2014 Carolyn Poppell added it
Recommends it for: Young Adults +
Alaska Twilight is a great adventurous book with a good mystery that lasted the whole book. Haley had a difficult situation that she is trying to work out which she did with the help of Tank, her aunt, and sister. The random bear facts and descriptions of Alaska made the book seem more real and easier to connect to. There was also romance with a good looking guy who was a caring father. Overall this was a good book with family values and the example that everyone can get through problems with su ...more
Elaine
Another good story. It was very interesting reading about Haley and how she handles her handicap. I enjoyed reading about Alaska. Some day I will get there. I really liked how Bree, Kade and Samson from the Rock Harbor series were there and were able to help out. Anyway, this was another great Colleen Coble story. Suspense and romance together for a good, clean, interesting read. Thanks, Colleen!
Kristyn
Had the murderer figured out by the third chapter, but kept reading to see why. I lumbered through the middle to see the semi-okay romance develop. But by the end, just when I thought the suspense might make the story better, it got so far-fetched that I was groaning in misery. WAY too many coincidences and just too predictable throughout. The last few chapters really just became laughable they were so ridiculous.

Probably deserves one star, but I usually reserve that for books I can't stand to e
Ann Marie

Alaska Twilight is a Christian romance novel. I didn't know that when I borrowed this from a friend, and I'm not sure that she did either since it was a gift and she hadn't read it yet.

It was strange to read a romance novel that wasn't even a little bit on the risque side. Every time there was dialogue along these lines, "We can't have a future until you work through your issues with God" I was reminded that this is part of the 'Women of Faith Fiction' series. (Ok, got it)

I gave Alaska Twilight
Kathy Gray
I think I have a new favorite author. I thought this was a great book. Plus, I really like to read about Alaska.
Audrey
Read this for book club. I enjoyed the Alaskan setting and learning about bears and surviving in the bush. I thought Colleen Coble put in some great elements, and her characters were good overall. However, this is a romantic suspense, and I found the mystery to be all over the place at times. There were just so many different people, and sisters, and affairs, and family members...hard to keep up with. I would have preferred more of an explanation at the end. Oh, and maybe a picture of "Tank" on ...more
Gara Hudson
Choppy! Tried to tell too much story too quickly.
Kami Reeve
Fun. Clean. Kind of predictable. But that's ok!
Margy
Great mystery, love story.
Linda
Excellent.
Debbie
This was my first book by this author and I loved it. Surprised at the end, and I like that! Will read more books by this author for sure!!!
Selah Bell
I really liked this book. It was one of the ones I can read all over again as soon as I've finished. I like all the characters, they are very likeable. (except for the ones that aren't likeable of course) The baddies were not who I thought they would be, which shows it was well written. I think the relationship between Haley and Tank should have been stretched out a bit more, over a longer period of time. It just doesn't seem very believable that they were engaged after a month. Other than that, ...more
Stephanie
This book is part of the Women of Faith series. I didn't realize that when I started it. This is not the type of book I typically read. That said, it had a good story line and the characters were pretty likable, although not gripping. I don't know that I preferred how the plot ended. It was all wrapped up quickly at the very end with an unlikely villain and a bit of a strained resolution.
Elissa
Oct 27, 2011 Elissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beth, Heather
Recommended to Elissa by: Mom
I enjoyed the way the religious aspects of the book were written. I thought it was realistic for my own life and I connected to it for that reason. I wasn't sure how much I liked Haley at first, but she did grow on me. I loved Tank from the very start and was rooting for him and Haley to be together. All the characters were well-developed and the suspense was good. I didn't love some of the ending, but it wasn't bad enough to take away my enjoyment overall.
Janelle
One of the best books I've read in awhile. My first Colleen Coble book, but certainly not my last! A really well written Christian novel. It had a bit of everything... love, mystery, murder, suspense... and God - but in a smooth way, so that it seemed natural. Colleen managed to include Christianity, without having to 'slap it in there', but in a realistic, gentle way. Can't really explain myself well, but they are my thoughts anyway!
Shyla
I read this book after reading another book by this author which was Abomination. This was a quick entertaining read. I liked the setting which is in Alaska and I liked the suspence that was involved. The hero of the story is a guy who works with the wild bears in Alaksa so that part was really interesting to me. i was born in Alaksa and love animals. All in all it was a good way to fill the time but not entirely well written.
Mrs. Doglvrs
I really enjoy Colleen Coble's style of writing -- as well as the interesting way she marries suspense/mystery with romance.
This story is about a Haley a women trying to face the horrors of her past in Alaska who meets Tank a man with his own rough past.
Lots of "whodunit" moments in this. Great description of the Alaskan wilderness.
Teresa B
Aug 11, 2010 Teresa B rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This was my favorite Colleen Coble book so far! Hayley is a young woman who must face her well-founded fears in order to make a meaningful life for herself. The story takes place primarily in the Alaskan wilderness. The characters are believable and the mystery will keep you guessing the WHOLE time you are reading it!
Mary
For reasons unknown to me, I'm a fan of all things Alaska. I've never set foot there (though would someday like to), but I'm fascinated with the lifestyle, the terrain, the weather, the people, etc. So, this book was a perfect way to feed my little addiction, and the engaging story held my attention throughout.
Jenny
One of the most ill-written mysteries I've read. Not only does it have a charicature of the grizzly man, but it is rife with Alaskan similes that are so formulated as to be insulted. Granted, it was an easy one-day read, but it did not instill in me a desire to read any of Colleen Cobles other books.
Kristine
This book is by a local author and this is the only book I've read by Colleen Coble so far. This is a really good book and I love how she writes! A big focus of hers is detail and I love that. This book takes place in nature and it feels like I'm right there in Alaska with the characters! Good read!
Joy Gerbode
Very good read ... with a bit of everything! Mystery surrounding several deaths in the Alaskan wilderness is solved with a blossoming romance. Adventure as bears are followed and studied, and the Alaskan terrain is dealt with in some detail. Engaging from the beginning, this was a hard to put down book!
Lisa Paul
This was the first book of Colleen's that I read and once I finished the book I was hooked. This book is absolutely amazing and is a must read book of hers. When I started reading this book I didnt want to stop until at the end, it keep me wanting more and more. I promise you will love it.
Sydney
Colleen Coble is such a great author and I love her books! She is very good at keeping you wondering about what will come next. In this particular book Haley has to face her fears in the Alaskan wilderness, but she is holding to anger and guilt. Can she come to love God and forgive?
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series, #1)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)
  • Before I Wake
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • RV There Yet?
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...
The Lightkeeper's Daughter (Mercy Falls, #1) Lonestar Sanctuary (Lonestar Series, #1) Blue Moon Promise (Under Texas Stars, #1) Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1) Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)