Start by marking “A Pony for the Winter” as Want to Read:
A Pony for the Winter

A Pony for the Winter

Published January 1964 by Scholastic Book Services

To ask other readers questions about A Pony for the Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pony for the Winter

Ashleigh
Dec 12, 2014 Ashleigh rated it it was amazing
My favourite kids book, Orginally my Mother's book which she gave to me when I was young to read. It will forever stay a fave of mine and I love the beautiful illustions and drawings. For a book that was made in the 60's before I was even born to be one of my most beloved children books is really special. A fantastic read for all ages and kids would love to read this
Nancy
Apr 30, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it
An old favorite of mine. Still just as good.
Staffona
Oct 12, 2010 Staffona rated it it was amazing
it is happy in the beggining but a little sad in the end
Christine Meunier
Eight year old Deborah is desperate for a pony. Her desire is fuelled each day as she hops on the school bus and sees ponies in a nearby field; her return from school rewards her with the same sight.

Her parents have told her ponies are hard work and although she knows they could be, she is desperate.

Read more at http://equus-blog.com/a-pony-for-the-...
Tania
Nov 13, 2009 Tania rated it liked it
Written for the elementary school set, A Pony for the Winter tells the story of Deborah's wish for a pony. When her wish comes true and she has a pony to care for, she soon learns the meaning of hard work. It's a wonderful tale that shows just what you can accomplish, no matter how young, when you put your mind to it.
Susan Bailey
May 21, 2012 Susan Bailey rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely ga-ga over horses as a kid. The Charleston Chew candy bar had a contest where you could win a horse - I schemed and dreamed of keeping it in our very suburban garage! A Pony for the Winter fed that dream big time! I never won the contest though. :-(
Pam
Jan 29, 2010 Pam rated it it was amazing
It's been well over 30 years since I last read this book, but I remember it being one of my favorites as a young girl. In particular, I remember one Christmas eve when I read it several times in succession because I was so excited I couldn't sleep.
Johanna
Jun 04, 2013 Johanna rated it it was amazing
This was probably the first book that I absolutely loved. I can't believe it was published in the 60's! I thought I had discovered a new best seller in 1996. Better 32 years late than never!
Connie
Oct 07, 2013 Connie rated it liked it
It was fun to read this "chapter book" to a grandson who is learning to read (and to picture settings and characters in his mind) and a granddaughter who loves horses. :)
Mar 17, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This was one of my all time favorite kids books. Out of print now, but I have heard it is in or going to be in controlled re-release? Absolutely charming!
Alis
Feb 27, 2012 Alis rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children
This is a cute story. Great for horse-loving kids everywhere.
Joy
Jan 31, 2011 Joy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This was one of my favorite books as a child and my battered copy proves how much it was loved and frequently read. Lovely illustrations and a touching story for horselovers.
Outpost
Outpost rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Lorrie
Lorrie rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Tammie
Tammie rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Anika
Anika rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2016
Esther
Esther rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Bre Wick
Bre Wick rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Keegans
Keegans rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Ashli Montgomery
Ashli Montgomery rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2011
Grandmadee Goodwin
Grandmadee Goodwin rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Wendy Woppers
Wendy Woppers rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2017
Kelsy
Kelsy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2011
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Sheena
Sheena rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2007
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2010
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2010