Start by marking “Angel (Angel Summer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angel (Angel Summer, #1)

Angel (Angel Summer #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  1,263 ratings  ·  81 reviews
A sparkling and sexy tale of glamour modeling, romance and the treacherous promises of fame.

Eighteen-year-old Angel has only one dream: to leave behind the sheltered safety of her home and head for the modelling agencies of the big city. Young, beautiful and sexy, she seems destined for a successful career in modelling and, very quickly, the glitzy world of celebrity fame...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Arrow (first published July 6th 2006)

First Step 2 Forever by Justin BieberA Shore Thing by Nicole "Snooki" PolizziMiles to Go by Miley CyrusConfessions of an Heiress by Paris HiltonYour Heiress Diary by Paris Hilton
Who Let These People Write A book?
53rd out of 219 books — 856 voters
Plague of Angels by John Patrick KennedyClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareAngelfire by Courtney Allison MoultonStrange Angels by Lili St. Crow
Books with Angel In the Title
135th out of 163 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Blair
First of all, I didn't actually buy this; someone left it in the staffroom at work and my curiosity was piqued. I was intrigued to know what a book ostensibly written by 'glamour' model and British über-celebrity Katie Price, aka Jordan, would be like. I've always found myself angered by the concept of celebrities having their names attached to novels actually penned by ghostwriters; this wouldn't be acceptable for a work of art or a piece of music, so why a book? However, having read Angel, I w...more
Rachel
Apr 23, 2012 Rachel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who don't expect much, will be pleasantly surprised. Trust me.
Shelves: average
Okay please people don't lose respect for me by me saying that this is actually a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I know I am ashamed!
I picked up this book in school as it was sitting in the library and I thought awk why not my friends are all talking about it I am sure it can't be that bad. Okay I was a sucker and got sucked into the basic writing style of Katie Price. The book is so simplistically written that it was easy to read, and to be honest I actually liked the story line, yes it was v...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Angel is a young and beautiful woman . So when she is discovered by a model agent her life changes forever.She seems destined for a successful career and very quickly the glitzy world of celebrity fame and riches becomes her new home. That is until she meets Mickey, the lead singer of a boy band who is as irresistible as he is dangerous. And Angel realizes that her star can fall just as quickly as it rose.
Kelly Simpson
When Angel is discovered by a model agent, her life changes for ever. Young, beautiful and sexy, she seems clestined for a successful career and, very quickly, the glitzy world of celebrity fame and riches becomes her new home.

But then she meets Mickey, the lead singer of a boy band, who is as irresistible as he is dangerous, and Angel realises that a rising star can as quickly fall...
Courtney
****Warning may contain spoilers****. This book was the first Katie price books I read and honestly I liked it. The book was surprising well structured though the punctuation and basic sentences might need a recheck.

The trouble that Angel gets herself into is shocking and really made her insecure but knowing that at the end Cal ( who was the most pathetic character) was going to be there was so stupid even though. Cal's girlfriends were really annoying and possessive mainly because he was such a...more
Natalie Walker
I really enjoyed this book, I was quite surprised, seeing who the Author is, I didn't know if it would be any good, but it really was. I have now re-read it about 4 or 5 times.
A Definite Must Read!!
Debbie
Disgraceful.....how did this rubbish get published!! Thankfully it was a gift (seriously unwanted) and I didnt waste my own money on it lol....shocking :(
Yetty
Horrible book
Redfox5
This is the second time I've read this book and I'm moving it down a couple of stars because it just didn't grab me like it did the first time, a good book should get you every time. I think I was seeing more of Angels flaws in this time round. She is likable but she is very selfish. Considering most of this book is set in the run up to her bestfriend and her brothers wedding, Angel always finds a way to make it all about her. Her boyfriend Mickey is an absolute waster and I don't know why Angel...more
Amy
I was a bit unsure as to what this book would be like, seeing as it is written by a glamor model.

As it turned out I did actually enjoy the book and it wasn't badly written. I have read better and I have read worse books.

I got the feeling that parts of it were actually linked to Katie's life as a model and this is where she got her ideas for the story, not that doing that is a bad thing. The story let you get a good feel of what the characters were like and it gave good descriptive writing of sce...more
Connie
This book is definitely a good one to take on holiday!!! I took it away with me for a week and i literally could NOT put this book down. This has got to be one of the best books I've read despite me doubting the quality of this book in the first place due to the author being Katie Price. The story is so gripping and you never want it to end!! So well done Katie!! It's a real good book for the girlies and I would 100% defo recommend.
Luna
Cely pribeh mi prisiel ako na horskej drahe. Niektore casti boli podarene, ine menej. Knizka je celkovo asi taky priemer, ktory neurazi, ale ani nenadchne, ale kedze je to trilogia, lepsie hodnotenie si necham mozno na zvysne casti. Co ale musim knihe vytknut je, ze celkom dolezite momenty, o ktorych by som sa rada docitala viac, nam autorka neprezdradila, len to rychlo opisala v par flasbackoch. Mozno sa viac dozviem v dalsom diely. ;o)
Katie
I was so surprised at the way Katie can write. To be honest its not the BEST book i have read. But however it is a good/easy read.

If you love the idea of a budding model wanting to find the perfect guy, this book would be perfect for you. Yes i know what you're thinking - this book is the typical thing that Jordan would write about - however the book does get more endearing as you read along.

I have got 3 of Katie's books and all have been an OK read. However in saying this i do sort of contradi...more
Jennifer Bagazin
This is totally wasn’t I had expected. I thought this book was similar to Fifty Shades, erotic and all that crap, but this wasn’t! Okay so maybe it was for a bit, but the erotic part was quite minimal. It was one of the most unusual love stories I have ever encountered. And I didn’t even know why I bought this book in the first place.

Minus the good looks and obvious sex appeal, Angel and I actually have a lot in common. She’s lost, I’m lost; she’struggling, I’m struggling. We’re both just lost...more
Emma
Katie price is an amazing author, i was a little hesitant when i came across this book in a book store a few years ago and i loved it. Upto date i have read several of her autobiographys and all of her fiction books. I love how she entwines the characters into all of her books, she integrates them so well that you just have to read all of them to gain more insight into the characters you discovered in previous books. I found several errors in the print but overall an amazing light read and i wou...more
Alice Oakley
If you know Katie Price, then I think it's pretty obvious what her books are going to be like. I have to admit, chick-lit is a slight guilty pleasure of mine - I read some fairly heavy books, so sometimes I want to read a bit of trash. I think with Katie's books you have to bear that in mind and know what to expect!

With regards to the book - OK, it's not Shakespeare. But nobody's expecting it to be! Katie introduces us to the world of celebrity, the glam and the not so glam. The characters are e...more
Lucy Hall
this was a good novel since the author katie price is a celebrity it could of been better in places but i like how the story developed and the ending is a good ending a very happy one cal and her are getting married!!!!!
Keleigh Jones
This book was really good, better than i expected it to be. It is well written and i enjoyed reading this book. I wish that this story would happen to me! I love the love in this book and i wish i could walk right up to Katie Price and thank her for giving me the pleasure of read this fantastic book.
Samantha Ann
Nice, simple story to read. Parts of the book are similar to that of Katie Prices life but all in all a good first book.
Báška
Aww! Ten koniec bol tak sladký. Som z toho úplne dojatá!
Táto kniha naozaj nebola až tak zlá ako som očakávala. Samozrejme nemôžem okomentovať spisovateľkyne písanie čo je škoda kedže túto knihu napísala samotná modelka a preto som tomuto vôbec nedávala šance. Nakoniec z toho vyšiel veľmi pekný príbeh s happy endom. A hoc som po celý čas mala pocit že to neskončí tak ako by som si priala, sen sa stal skutočnosťou :D
Pohodové čítanie na niekoľko hodín :)
Ella Cracknell
I did really enjoy this story and the characters.
Emily
This was recommended to me by a friend at school, I don't usually like this sort of book but told her I would read it.

The characters were all incredibly shallow and self involved, which are traits I don't particularly rate in people and designer brands were mentioned time and time again and I am a person that does not care at all what logo you have on your bag or shoes.

However, it was very easy to read and held my attention so that's why it got two stars.
Danica
I don't know why I decided to pick up this book when I was 11. Please don't judge me.
Nakitta Cerasoli
I have to admit. Katie does have a lot of hate. I for one don't like her but I was on holiday 2 years ago and this was the only book on the shelf at the villa so I decided to keep my views about her to one side and read the book. I was presently surprised. As fake as she is, she can write quite well.

It's obvious that parts are based on her life but despite that it was good. Not the best book in the world, that goes without saying, but it was an easy read.
Paula Croskell
As this book was written by Jordan I didn't expect it to be a great work of fiction. I felt that it seemed to be based on her life experiences as a model- perhaps she has gone through some of what Angel has? This book was actually better than I thought it was going to be so I was a little surprised to be honest. I didn't like Mickey & thought that Angel should have got rid of him sooner! It was an easy read that I think would make a good holiday read.
Jade aka MrsTosh
Well, I have to say this book in my local library and thought I would give it a go. I have to admit I am not really a Katie Price fan but after reading a number of good reviews I thought it would be worth a look. I couldn't believe how good this book was, althought it is not a masterpiece, the book was easy to reach and kept you hooked up until the end. Well worth a read and great for the beach :)
Grace
This was a good read. I think that the main character Angel was largely based on Katie Price and her knowledge and experience of the world of celebrity. I know this isn't high brow reading or writing but the book was easy to read and enjoyable. This is the second book I have read by this author and I'm sure I will read some of her other books except her biographies.
Lucieeee Evansss
I think this book was a very girly type of book. When i started reading it i thought that the storyline was relating to Katie Price herself because she was a glamour model, however as i got further into the book i started to think it wasnt. I read it while i was on holiday and found it a very enjoyable read as it wasnt to challenging and helped me enjoy the sunshine :)
Deyara
I was a bit confused when I started reading, as it seemed really familiar, but then I checked and for some reason I read book 2 back in 2010 but not this one. It has a very similar feel as I recall, and while it was quire entertaining, it obviously wasnt enough to get me to read book one straight off! This one was also okay, and I wont rule out reading book 3.
Chloejasmine
I'm not too sure i learned anything from it, other than don't get wound up with a coke addict who happens to be in a famous boyband. I wouldn't say i didn't enjoy it though. Sometimes it's good to read something that really doesn't take any thought process at all- especially when everything else you seem to be doing really does.
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • Daddy's Girls
  • Thanks for Nothing, Nick Maxwell
  • Single White E-Mail
  • Younger
  • The Book of Jane
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4)
  • Woman To Woman
  • The Baby Trail
  • The Journal of Mortifying Moments
  • The Thin Pink Line
  • The Yorkshire Pudding Club
  • Divas Las Vegas: A Tale of Love, Friendship, and Sequined Underpants
  • The Go-To Girl
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)
  • Young Wives' Tales
Born as Katie Infield in Brighton, East Sussex, England on May 22 1978, I changed my last name to Price when my mother Amy remarried. I have an older brother, Daniel, and a younger sister, Sophie.

Although I had many interests when I was younger, a friend suggested that I should pursue a modeling career. So I sent a few shots to an agency and was taken on. I attended loads of castings, had my fair...more
More about Katie Price...
Crystal Being Jordan: My Autobiography Angel Uncovered  (Angel Summer, #2) Sapphire Jordan: A Whole New World