Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 18: Ace Arrives (One Piece, #18)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 18: Ace Arrives (One Piece, #18)

One Piece, Volume 18: Ace Arrives (One Piece #18)

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  2,688 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
The Straw Hats at long last reach Alabasta! But their stay is cut short when Luffy attracts too much attention from the Navy. They're not the only ones interested in Luffy--someone from his past has been waiting for him too! Meanwhile, the Baroque Works' agents are summoned together when their leader, the dastardly Mr. Zero, aka Sir Crocodile, learns that Luffy is still al ...more
Published June 3rd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 18

TheGracefulReader
Jan 19, 2017 TheGracefulReader rated it it was amazing
Marilag
Oct 19, 2012 Marilag rated it really liked it
For a volume titled "Ace Arrives," you'd think he'd play a bigger part in the chapters. But hey, can't complain, at least I didn't have to put up with the random annoying filler episodes of them trekking the desert. Anyway, what happened here:

(view spoiler)
Novia
Oct 21, 2010 Novia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Patricia
Oct 03, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Mr.2 and the strawhats meet without knowing that they are enemies.
- Portgas D. Ace (Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates) meets Smoker and then Luffy; he gives Luffy a piece of paper that says.. nothing. He tells Luffy to always keep it with him, so Luffy makes Nami sew it into his ha
Samantha
Sep 29, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Amy
Jun 30, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Ok, as the title goes, yes Ace is in this freaking book, for not even 10 pages, I can't remember... The anime did a great job and fan service to prolong Ace's stay with the Mugiwaras. He's awesome, powers is super cool, fire!! It's like the Human Torch, but more awesomeness!! He's hot, literally and metaphorically!
This volume, we finally know who is Mr 0, the boss of Baroque Works, Vivi and Kouza's past. Well, Vivi is a noble princess, becoming a spy in a such dangerous criminal gang. Even thou
Guadalupe Perez
Sep 01, 2016 Guadalupe Perez rated it really liked it
Esperando con locura la publicacion de este tomo, todo por la aparición fugaz de mi gran amor Ace y cuando digo fugaz es fugaz.

Lo mas memorable de este numero es el reencuentro de los hermanos y consolidación de ese hermoso lazo que los une, triste pensar que esta podría ser la ultima vez que se vean frente a frente con una sonrisa en el rostro (STOP) .

Luffy esta mas que emocionado por enfrentarse a Crocodile pero antes de esto tiene que enfrentar una gran prueba soportar el calor de la dunas,
Wickedshizuku
Jan 21, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans, Shounen Manga fans, Adventure fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
This volume starts off with Chapter 156: Nice Weather for an Okama.

So we finally get to meet some of Luffy's family, and Ace is just as goofy as he is!
 photo Ace_vs__Lucertola_by_AiziBlackleg_zpsafffe41d.gif

I'll write more when my editing mode hits.
Happy Readings!
Fly my Pretties! Fly!
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
Itzel
Aug 22, 2016 Itzel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ace sale muy poco como para que este volumen tenga su nombre y a él en la portada.

Me encantan las ideas que tiene la familia de Vivi. Nada de que las mujeres no pueden gobernar, que tiene que ser el primer HIJO del rey, sino que a ella la aceptan como la siguiente gobernante sin ningún problema, todo normal. Nada de que la princesa y el rey no pueden convivir con su pueblo, al contrario, al rey le gustaba que Vivi conociera a su gente. Quiero vivir en un lugar como ese, por favor xD
Frahorus
May 20, 2016 Frahorus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
Rufy incontra suo fratello maggiore, Ace, e lo aiuta a fuggire (per la seconda volta) da Smoker. Intanto tutti i capi della Baroque Works si riuniscono col loro capo, Crocodile, per avviare l'operazione Utopia. La ciurma attraversa il deserto e giunge a Yuba ma qua scoprono che la base dei ribelli si è spostata in un'altro posto.
Kurami Rocket
Jun 22, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was a nice volume. There was a couple of stuff that was boring and held no interest to me, but it was pretty fun and very surprising when Ace was introduced! I hope he will appear again soon. It was also fun to see the crew as they crossed the desert.

Overall, a good enough volume. At least we have finally arrived to the princess's country.
Robert Beveridge
Feb 02, 2009 Robert Beveridge rated it really liked it
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Ace Arrives (ViZ, 1997)

Luffy and the gang finally make it to Alabasta, but their problems are only beginning. Lot of different storylines coming into play here, with some old friends and a few new ones finding their way into the crew's life. One Piece is always satisfying, and this volume is no exception. ****
Bianca
Dec 27, 2010 Bianca added it
I stopped reading at this volume, but I do love the One Piece series. Just with action shonen things I prefer watching the anime over reading, since it's easier to tell what's happening. I love the main characters so much though, Luffy and Zoro make me keep reading haha. Luffy's eccentricity and Zoro's beastly behavior... Ha.
VivShay
May 15, 2014 VivShay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Well I watched nearly the entire series in less than a year, a couple of months really. Watched the episodes before I read this or rather bought it, the first manga I bought myself at the now CLOSED Worlds Biggest Bookstore in downtown Toronto. Just adored the Ace cover and is my current anime obsession.
Jeffrey
This volume introduces Ace, who has a bit of a history with Luffy and unites all the main characters on the island of Alabasta as the villain's plan is set into motion.

A little slow on the second half. The Baroque Works characters, for the most part, just don't have enough to make them as interesting as Django or Buggy.
Nicole
Jul 27, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, pirates, shonen
This volume was great not only because we learn much more about the Baroque Works' Agents, but also because we meet Luffy's very cool, super awesome brother Ace! I love the characters that Eiichiro Oda creates in this series... :)
Day Cyla
Aug 01, 2016 Day Cyla rated it really liked it
Just a simple recap for my own attention

I love One Piece so much. But for this Alabasta Arc, I can't seem to like this arc just like how I love the other arcs. Maybe it is because of Vivi, her attitude annoys me. Well, let's read the next volume and hope it pass soon.
Krul Tepes
Aug 04, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: one-piece
Ace is here!!!!!!! He is, like, my most favorite character of One Piece!! He's awesome and funny and cool and strong. I could not believe he was Luffy's older brother! I mean, Ace was polite while Luffy ate like a pig! BEST CHARACTER EVER!!
Anna
Nov 29, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
We're gettin closer to Vivi's home town... and this volume is before start trekking the desert for endless pages

Also Ace appears. For all of 10 pages, but still... quite arguably the coolest character in this sprawling universe so far!
Tsering
Sep 04, 2014 Tsering rated it really liked it
Into the desert.
Sakurahan
Nov 22, 2015 Sakurahan rated it really liked it
Action and comedy as Luffy and crew attempt to find the answers to help Vivi save her land.

A great volume!
Sara
One, I really thought this might involve Ace more but oh well, and Vivi is starting to annoy me a little...
other than that it was a pretty slow volume, more of a build up.
Camila Silva
Mar 22, 2016 Camila Silva rated it it was amazing
O bando do chapéu de palha consegue chegar no reino de Alabasta. Em meio a perseguição da marinha encontram o irmão mais velho do Luffy, Portgas D. Ace.
Joy
Feb 10, 2010 Joy rated it liked it
Sebastian
Oct 28, 2016 Sebastian rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book in it the straw hat crew travle to albastia and meat ace
A-man
Apr 08, 2009 A-man rated it really liked it
PHH what type of loser wouldnt read this book?
Seann
Jun 30, 2011 Seann added it
loved it
Chiara
Nov 30, 2016 Chiara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
Ace, finalmente ci siamo incontrati.
Peccato che io sappia già il tuo destino e che stia soffrendo da fare schifo.
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 50 巻ノ五十
  • フェアリーテイル 14 [Fearī Teiru 14] (Fairy Tail, #14)
  • Bleach, Volume 29