Start by marking “A Christmas Bonus” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Bonus

A Christmas Bonus

What happens when business turns to pleasure?

Alec Compton's dream job at a Wall Street investment firm is on the line if he can't close a make-or-break takeover deal by the end of the year.

The buyer is none other than world-renowned billionaire and corporate raider Brant Linton, recently named one of the hottest and most eligible gay businessmen. Electricity crackles at
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 135 pages
Published December 16th 2014 by Silk Road Press (first published December 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Bonus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Bonus

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Eek, this book was a rough one.

I have to say, I don't think the narrator was to blame. Michael Pauley did a decent job, and though it wasn't a stand out narration or anything, it certain helped this book's rating rather than hurt it.

I can handle a lot of suspension of reality in my romance, but this book just pushed it too far. The story was too far out there for me to buy any of it, and I was rolling my eyes at the plot twists all throughout the book. The story-line was really hard for me to
Mtsnow13
This story was very interesting due to the fact it started out in New York City, and ended up in the French Polynesian island of Taha'a. I loved the idea that the air smells like vanilla when you get on the island due to the fact that harvesting and processing of vanilla beans is a major export for the people there. And who, at Christmas, doesn't maybe dream a little bit about vacationing to such a warm and lovely place as this island?!

I appreciated the research the author must have put in to be
Shira Anthony
I love E.M.'s style and the way she knows how to push all my buttons. Even better than the sex (although it's always hot in her books) are the tropical locales she sets her stories in which are SO damn sexy! "Bonus" is no exception.

Alec Compton is an up and coming Wall Streeter, watching his fellow employees lose their jobs, but convinced that he's "golden." That is, until the big bosses tell him he either closes a certain deal or he'll be out on his behind.(view spoiler)
Lasha
Jan 02, 2012 Lasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-borrowing
4.5 stars.

What a great Christmas treat. Add in one of my favorite tropes - pretend boyfriends - and you have a very enjoyable novella about two workaholics who finally put pleasure before business. The writing was crisp, the plot engaging and the characters delightful. (The hot sex scenes were entertaining too!) All in all, a fun read.
Tinnean
Dec 24, 2015 Tinnean rated it really liked it
I just wish it was longer.
Marinieves Cordero
Dec 24, 2014 Marinieves Cordero rated it it was amazing
This is the first Christmas story I have read ... Alec needs to have Brant signed a contract that can possibly save his job ... But when Brant leaves to go to his sister's house ... Alec follows him all the way to his vacation place.

The story turns out to be the family thinking Alec is someone else and Brant trying to follow his sister's no business rule.

I really liked the whole family dynamics and the bond that Alec was able to form with Brant.

The funny and witty banter with the sister Ellie
Lorraine
Dec 16, 2015 Lorraine rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Christmas treat, sun, sand, sea and 2 business men who really should allow pleasure to come before business more often.
I liked the fact that both took risks and you see the events unfold from both points of view, but as in life, not everything is perfectly sorted out by the last page...
Tovah Levine
Jul 04, 2015 Tovah Levine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I couldn't put this down, it's was amazing. Alec was my favorite. I wanted to throw my kindle at the wall when he got yelled at but I understand why he was yells at. But she took it to another level. I wish there was more..
Melanie~~
The guys were sexy, but the story needed another go with an editor or proofreader for those last few typos.
Sadonna
Dec 28, 2011 Sadonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
Really liked this story of corporate raider Brant and financial wiz Alec.

Will write full review later.
Krissy
**2015 Reading Challenge W/Josh: #45 A Book Set During Christmas**
Rachel
Dec 29, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
A really good Christmas read.
Miss Kate Reads
"A Christmas Bonus" is essentially a "Billionaire Romance" which of course means it's highly fantastical in a lot of ways, but I have to say I found both the main characters appealing. I had to suspend a bit of disbelief regarding what gets these two into their situation, but once they're in it I felt like they responded like humans. I also appreciated that the plot didn't go and on forever with each of them going "does he really care?" without either of them asking - it goes on just enough to ...more
JenCW
Dec 24, 2014 JenCW rated it really liked it
This Christmas novella is a straightforward, sweet read.

The story starts off with Alec, who is anticipating a year end bonus from his bosses as well as a chance to become junior partner. He is sure that he'll get it. What he finds is a shock. His boss was fired, and he will be too if he doesn't get a deal finalized before the end of the year.

The deal needs to be made with Brant Linton, a well-known, highly-successful businessman. When Alec goes to see Brant, they find an attraction that neithe
Bo
Jan 05, 2015 Bo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Believable in a Holiday Way

The two MCs, corporate raider Brant Linton and investment banker Alec Compton, are almost clichés in the way they are described, with one major difference: Both are incredibly handsome and gay, Brant openly as one of Forbes' most eligible gay bachelors, Alec a bit less so. When the conflict arises that could save or derail Alec's career, the surprise is how Alec--heretofore portrayed as a relentless if amiable plotter---responds to save his career.

What happen
Lois - Who Reads
When Brant decides to start his Christmas vacation a few days early, Alec is left with the prospect of losing his job over an unfinished deal. Without another solution, Alec just follows Brant to Taha'a and hopes for the best. Part of Brant's vacation with his sister and her family was the solemn promise that he would not work, but then Alec shows up. Now Brant already had a spark of interest in Alec during their one brief meeting and he really does not want to disappoint his sister, so when she ...more
Maggie
Mar 26, 2015 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute holiday story

Cute, sweet and romantic holiday story. Brant meets Alec at a business meeting right before Christmas. They agree to talk the following day as Brant is heading out on vacation, though when he gets home he finds half his things gone and boyfriend nowhere to be found. Before Alec can talk to Brant, he finds out that Brant already left, so he decides to follow him. What follows is an engaging and endearing falling in love story, with meeting the family, two cute kids, and some hot
Vicki
3.5 rounded up to 4. A delightful little get away to a beautiful romantic island full of family and love during the Christmas season. Except not everything is as it seems, or as our mc's may want it to be. It is a little on the short side and some more depth in both the story line and the characters would have added to the book. If you have a difficult time reading a story with a lot of editing issues, I would not suggest this book for you.
For my quantifiable ratings 0-10: hot 8, romance 7, edit
ElaineY
Sweet, Christmas treat. No heavy conflict, no blood and gore. A straightforward romance between a billionaire corporate raider and a Wall Street executive whose job is on the line. If this sounds like a financial thriller, it could have been but is not.

ACB is gay Mills & Boon. Not quite my type, especially when I enjoy financial thrillers (actually, thriller of every ilk:P). Enjoy it for what it is, as I did.
DeeNeez
Dec 23, 2015 DeeNeez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt, free-read, sh-2015
A great sweet read. Alec is desperate to get a contract signed follows Brant to Tahiti during the Christmas holidays. Mistaken identity turns into pretend boyfriend scenario for Brant has promised no business over the holidays. I loved that a no angst story was not over kill on the sweet side. It had the right mix of chemistry, of family, of learning that business is not everything and falling in love.
Lila Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A nice easy holiday story. The pacing was good, but some parts were redundant. The characters worked great together and the love story took an interesting turn to solve the main issue. Unfortunately, the ending felt chopped.
Suze
Dec 08, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
A warm, fuzzy sweet as the peanut coated breakfast cereal they ate, Christmas story.
Also, mosty based on a glorious pacific island.
Bit of a predictable theme - billionaire and Wall Street wannabe doing business, fake boyfriends, Christmas with kids, big reveal etc.
Alejandro Canton-Dutari
Mar 03, 2015 Alejandro Canton-Dutari rated it really liked it
I liked EM Lynley's easy flow to her story, even enjoying a bit of her social prodding -- Wall Street tactics vs. honesty in business.
The sex scenes were characterized by very good taste.
I wonder why I was left with a lure for the South Pacific....
Diane
Will You Do Business With Me?

Two high powered business men get trapped in lies. But when they attempt to work out a deal their mutual attraction can't be denied. Even when an accident threatens to tear their new found relationship apart.
Dec 24, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun hot Christmas read.

The story starts off slow and I personally did not like Alex at the beginning of the book.. However once he meets Blaine things begin to heat up.. It was fun read. Perfect nightcap for am holiday evening, with a glass off mulled wine.
Rissa
Sweet read! :)
Hopeful beginning for Alec and Brant!
Very enjoyable read!
(Definitely wanted to stay on that island too, lol!)
Julia
Dec 22, 2014 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Enjoyable short read. The relationship between Alec and Brant was a little rushed, but that's to be expected with the book length.
Wax
May 14, 2016 Wax rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-have, mm
Cute, but felt too short to really make the relationship believable. I do love the fake boyfriend trope, though, and thought the business side of things wasn't too distracting.
Anke
Dec 24, 2011 Anke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice read, but at times over the top, which had me shaking my head. Sorry, nothing more to say from my side.
Dee Wy
Dec 22, 2015 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - Sweet and entertaining. Watching the big guy fall was lots of fun, with a nice ending. Enjoyed it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf (Heartwarming)
  • Christmas Delights
  • The Family We're Born With (Finding Family, #1)
  • Matches
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Vintage Toys for Lucky Boys (Randy and Max, #1)
  • One Holiday Ever After
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Gaudete
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Winter Warmers
  • The Christmas Mansion
  • Cold Feet
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • A Touch of Mistletoe
EM Lynley writes gay erotic romance. She loves books where the hero gets the guy and the loving is 11 on a scale of 10. Her Precious Gems series is best described as “Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone”—only gayer. The Delectable series is Gay Romance with Taste.

A Rainbow Award winner and EPPIE finalist, EM has worked in high finance, high tech, and in the wine industry, though she'd rather
More about E.M. Lynley...