Mine, All Mine!: A Book About Pronouns

Mine, All Mine!: A Book About Pronouns (World of Language )

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Perfect for introductory grammar and language arts lessons!

What is a pronoun? How do you use it? Do you say, "These candies are for him and me"—or "he and I?"

Explore languageand discover how to use pronouns and their many forms from personal to reflexive to demonstrative.

Praise for Mine, All Mine!:

“Once again, Heller has taken a part of speech and made its function perf...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Puffin (first published September 1st 1997)

Cheryl in CC NV
Yup, that clinches it - I have to get *every* part of speech book by Heller for my (someday) grandchildren. *I* learned grammar tricks from this, and I read adult grammar books for fun!
Lisa Vegan
Dec 31, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: learning parts of speech and proper grammar; for fun & for the illustrations
This is the last children’s picture book I’m reading that I currently have at home from the library, and it might be the last book I complete in 2010. (I’m not going to be able to finish my current novel or my fun Harry Potter movie book, and I might or might not be able to finish my current vegan cookbook.) This is also the fourth [Ruth Heller] book I’ve read within the last day and the first by her that I’ve read in quite a while. I have read and enjoyed many of her books, and I own quite a fe...more
Sara Schwarzwalder
This is a great tool to use with younger children who are just learning the concepts of English and how to use pronouns. This makes learning the pronouns less boring and more fun because it is in a catchy rhyming book with fun pictures. From, dogs, to kings to lions Heller makes it fun to learn parts of speech! This would be a great book to keep on the classroom shelf and maybe even use as a read aloud to a first or second grade class. I also like how on the last page Heller included a compiled...more
Douglas Larson
This is another in Heller's series of illustrated guides to parts of english speech written for young children. There are about 8 or 9 of these books (one each on nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, interjections, pronounds, collective nouns and more). In each book in the series Heller presents the topic so clearly and so well that everyone, adults and children alike, come away with a solid understanding of the subject. While I did moderately well in english in grade school, junior high and high...more
Jordon Worley
Mine, All Mine: A Book About Pronouns is a book that describes the different kinds of pronouns through using multiple examples. The pronouns on each page stand out in a different color and are written in a larger font so that students can easily identify them. The illustrations in the book are really big and colorful. It appears that the illustrator chose to use many different mediums (colored pencils, painting, and computer generated images). The illustrations clearly demonstrate what is being...more
Dolly
Aug 17, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book to read aloud. The illustrations are wonderful and the rhyming narrative helps to disguise the fact that you are learning something. The depictions of the nursery rhymes, fairy tales, and Greek mythology were especially entertaining. I like that the book not only gives details about the different kinds of pronouns, but also explains common errors and shows how to pick the correct one. I doubt that just reading this book once will eliminate all errors in pronoun usage, but it i...more
Stephanie Skolmoski
I am fascinated with the English language and hate to see and hear it abused. Mine, All Mine is a book about pronouns. If you don’t know what one is, you will after reading this book. The author, Ruth Heller, explains what a pronoun is, how they are used and why they are important.

Heller’s illustrations are wonderful and full of color. This is an all-age book. It can be enjoyed on several levels – listening, seeing as well as actually learning something.
Jennifer Park
Mine, All Mine is a book about pronouns that describes the different kinds of pronouns through using multiple examples. It explains what a pronoun is and how you use them. I like the way the author identify the pronouns on each page. She ensures that they stand out in a different color and are written in a larger font so that the student can identify them.
Erika  Forth
I love Ruth Heller's books about parts of speech - but not this one. The illustrations are beautiful as ever, but I just wasn't a fan of the narrative. It was choppy, didn't flow across the tongue like her other books, and boring. I wouldn't want to teach pronouns with this book. Very disappointing.
Jodi Young
This story would be a perfect introduction to pronouns! This should be a book that is read often and the children may be able to fill in the rhyming word so that when they have to use a word at a certain time, the story will come in their head. Like School House Rock, but in book form.
Kerri Harshaw
This book teaches you about every type of pronoun by using them in sentences. The book also reviews proper usage of pronouns through the lyrical text. A great book to use when teaching students about pronouns. The pictures are bight, bold, and quite funny.
Kay Prell
I really really don't get it. This is a book about pronouns, for heavens sake. My 5-year-old granddaughter wanted to read it twice - and then we started again and got interrupted. Maybe it was the rhyming scheme.
Marilyn
She's really clever. The names of the different parts of speech don't interest me, but she has practical poems in here to remember the rules that we frequently misuse.
Amy
Although not exciting or unique, Mine, All Mine is a serviceable book for introducing pronouns to elementary-school-aged children.
Michael D.
This book can give children new schemas for self-awareness as they explore the world of pronouns in this delightful book.
Alana Arlequin
This is a good book for a lesson on pronouns. The pronouns are written in blue so that the students can recognize them.
Fariba Aadelvand
Beautiful illustrations and great to show ex's of pronouns. Reference book.
Teri
Good for learning about pronouns, NOT good for a bedtime read.
Tammy
Another beautifully illustrated book!!
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Devie Arthaty
Devie Arthaty marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Evie Juni
Evie Juni is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2014
Lara Lleverino
Lara Lleverino marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author and illustration with a passionate interest in Korean culture. She lives with her husband in San Francisco, California.
More about Ruth Heller...
Chickens Aren't the Only Ones: A Book About Animals That Lay Eggs Many Luscious Lollipops: A Book About Adjectives The Reason for a Flower: A Book About Flowers, Pollen, and Seeds A Cache of Jewels and Other Collectible Nouns (World of Language) Kites Sail High: A Book About Verbs