Start by marking “Neo-Words: A Dictionary of the Newest and Most Unusual Words of Our Times” as Want to Read:
Neo-Words: A Dictionary of the Newest and Most Unusual Words of Our Times

Neo-Words: A Dictionary of the Newest and Most Unusual Words of Our Times

2.0 of 5 stars 2.00  ·  rating details  ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
Neo-words is a compact reference book that collects words and phrases so new they have not yet been recorded in dictionaries. It is designed both as a useful tool for the serious lexicographers and a lighthearted look at some of the most unusual words in the English language.
Published January 1st 1991 by MacMillan of Canada

To ask other readers questions about Neo-Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neo-Words

Carolin
Barnhart presents newly popular or newly formed words of the early 90's. It's nice to browse through the pages and look at the funny illustrations. Also I found it interesting to read about the sources where the word showed up first and what other words it was made of. Some words, though, were quite easy to guess, so the explanation wasn't really informative but boring. That's why I'll rate it with "only" two stars.
Arisha
Arisha is currently reading it
May 30, 2010
America in So Many Words: Words That Have Shaped America The Barnhart Dictionary Companion The Barnhart New Words Concordance