Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01

Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01 (Time Stranger Kyoko #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  857 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Kyoko Suomi is the princess of Earth in the 30th century. Kyoko lives among the commoners, unwilling to reveal her true identity and ascend the throne. The king will allow Kyoko to live as she pleases if she can revive her twin sister Ui, who has been trapped in time since birth.

As Kyoko's 16th birthday approaches, crowds are rioting as Kyoko refuses to present herself to...more
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
107th out of 564 books — 1,170 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga/Anime Book Ever
226th out of 859 books — 2,455 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea
This looks like another great series by Arina Tanemura. The characters all seem interesting and the plot drew me I and made me want to see what happens next. I also thought the bonus chapter at the end about how Kyoko met Sakataki & Hizuki was really cute.

Contains Chapters 1 - 4
Steph
May 23, 2010 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Arina Tanemura fans
Shelves: manga
Very cute and original, I couldn't put it down.

!!!!

Re-read, I really like how it started out. The art is drawn very well and the story line is cute.
Christina
It's the 30th century and Earth is united into one country called the Earth Nation, and today it is Princess Kyoko Suomi's sixteenth birthday! Kyoko has kept her identity a secret for all these sixteen years so that she could experience a normal life in school, but now she must show her face to the entire country at her birthday party! Her father proposes that if she truly wish to maintain her freedom that she must find a way to awaken her twin sister Ui who has been asleep since birth! While th...more
Selena
Despite many of its shortcomings (super shallow characters, characters that look identical to other works by Tanemura, etc.) I actually enjoyed this.

I believe I will continue with this one.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
I'm hesitant to criticize because I know how manga writers take things to heart, and that these books are their artistic babies. I will just say this series is just not for me.
Keri (JD)
Crossing the barriers of time, this princess loves her people, yet is a little bit selfish. Not the best Tanemura novel I have read
Katy
Great start! Love Arina's artwork more each time I see it :)
Rachel
This manga is a really cool story and i like the world.
Koorihime-sama
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Art Touch-Up: 4 out of 5
Translation: 4 out of 5
Design: 5 out of 5

In the 30th century, Earth has become one nation with one princess — Kyoko. Her 16th birthday celebration is coming up, but her subjects begin to riot because she doesn’t want to do her job as princess. However, awakening her sister from her deep sl...more
Hikari
Allgemeines zur Serie: Time Stranger Kyoko ist eine liebevoll gezeichnete und gestaltete 3bändige Serie von Arina Tanemura um die Prinzessin der Erdnation im 30. Jahrhundert.
Kyoko ist ein toller, stürmischer, starker und manchmal komischer Charakter. Im 30. Jahrhundert gibt es innerhalb der Erdnation noch einige Clans, die eine Art "Mischlinge" sind und noch spezielle Fähigkeiten haben, wie der Drachenclan, der Blumenclan usw.
Band 1:
In diesem Band werden die meisten der Charaktere vorgestellt, m...more
Having finished Sakura Hime, I got the hankering for more Arina Tanemura, so I turned to her three-volume series Time Stranger Kyoko. Like Sakura Hime, Kyoko is a shojo manga about a young woman who is a princess with unusual powers that must use them to save those close to her and reveal her own destiny. Unlike Sakura Hime, however, it lacks true depth and is crowded with characters who have yet to reveal their usefulness. But hey, at least it's fun!

You can read my complete review of TIME STRAN...more
Treasure
Kyoko is the very reluctant princess of Earth, in a future where the whole planet united as one country. She wants to stay a normal high school girl, but by not fulfilling her duties, the people are rioting and she must either step up to the plate or find a way to revive her twin sister who has been time trapped since birth. Kyoko, who has the ability to stop time (hence, Time Stranger) begins a quest to save her sister, her kindgom, and her freedom to remain a commoner. The quest prompts her to...more
K. M. Bane
I loved it. Of course, I accidentally bought it without knowing it was for older teens but it didn't have anything besides innuendo and few iffy things on side notes and violence to worry about. It was wonderful! Super cute and futuristic with romance, too! Great job, Arina! ^^
Este
Jan 23, 2010 Este rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
good manga, though i think it could use a bit more time travel. still, its good. Arina tanemura is yet to fail me!!!
Kereesa
I love all your things, Tanemura. Nothing will stop my fangirlism over your work.

4/5
Ichigo
awwww kitty is adorable and sakataki looks like chaiki! <3
Yumeno Katrin
*Recenze přibude na blogu po dočtení celé trilogie*
Ana
Feb 08, 2012 Ana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Cute series! Only three mangas. Love the ending.
B.
Dani
Dani added it
Aug 12, 2014
  • Yurara, Vol. 1
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 05 (Captive Hearts, #5)
  • Wish, Vol. 01
  • Aria, Volume 1 (Aria, #1)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 4
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 04
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 04
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 06
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Saint Tail, Vol. 01
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one...more
More about Arina Tanemura...
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01 Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02