Start by marking “Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories

Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories

A collection of four short stories from the famed mangaka Arina Tanemura!

Short-Tempered Melancholic:
Kajika Yamano is a female ninja whose job is to protect her family's legendary weapon. But when a boy she has a crush on tells her she should be more ladylike, she vows to give up all ninja deeds.

This Love is Nonfiction:
Yuri sends her pen pal Ryo a picture of herself--but it
Published August 5th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories

Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it liked it
Being a fan of Arina Tanemura's other works, I quickly snapped this volume up. Rather than have one volume devoted to one story, this manga collects several of her short stories. I'll review each one individually below:

Short-Tempered Melancholic: A story in two parts, the tale follows a modern day ninja by the name of Kajika. She's well known around her town for being valiant, but when her crush tells her to be more ladylike she tries to stop her ninja ways. Of course nothing is as it seems, es
Lara
Nov 12, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it

Short-Tempered Melancholic is a collection of short stories by Tanemura. These are not just any short stories, though, as they include some of her earliest works including her debut work Second Love.

This was one of my first manga. My first one was also by Tanemura and it had an advertisement for her other works. That is how I ended up with this specific volume. Tanemura’s works were the only manga known to me that time and it was lovely seeing her debut work and her growth as an artist. It is a
Koorihime-sama
Nov 19, 2012 Koorihime-sama rated it really liked it
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Omnibus of four different stories from Arina Tanemura.

Short-Tempered Melancholic Chapter 1 and Chapter 2

Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Plot: 3 out of
Ivy Au
Nov 26, 2016 Ivy Au rated it really liked it
Nostalgia filled with cute romance stories and characters that all look the same. Arina's drawings have definitely improved over time. Overall, greatly enjoyed this book!
Joules Mirra
Sep 07, 2016 Joules Mirra rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Summary:
This is a one-volume collection of some of Arina Tanemura's most early works (1996!). It includes her debut manga, "In the Style of Second Love" as well as three other short stories. Each story focuses on young, first time romantic crushes and love.

Age: Young Adult Reader (Ages 13+)
Rating 4 out of 5 stars for:

- Excellent art/drawings. The artist has a very defined, unique style that sets her drawing apart from others (you can easily pick out her drawings out of a selection of artists). I
Christina
Mar 14, 2014 Christina rated it liked it
Short-Tempered Melancholic: Kajika is the sole heir and possessor of the secret weapon, Kureha, from the Yamano clan! Now, all the other ninja clans have learned of the secret weapon and are coming at her from all sides to claim it-- even her most beautiful classmates! Not only that, but Kajika has two more beautiful men fawning over her... but she is completely oblivious to it! All that Kajika really needs is her childhood friend's shoulder to cry on, but what if that is taken away from her?
Thi
Bakura
Nov 15, 2013 Bakura rated it really liked it
A collection of simple, cute love stories, Short-Tempered Melancholic is a quick read. While lacking deep plot because of this, they focus on the characters more. My favourite is probably Rainy Days Are For Romantic Heroines, with This Love is Non-Fiction coming in close second; that being said, the characters in the two Short-Tempered Melancholic stories - Kaijika and Yuga - are both much more appealing and well-characterised. Arina's characters are rather similar-looking throughout these stori ...more
Steph
Oct 24, 2009 Steph rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Arina Tanemura
Recommended to Steph by: read Tanemura's other works
Shelves: manga
In the debut manga and other stories by Arina Tanemura, I was slightly dissapointed. I did not like the drawing as much, but at the same time In understand that the author was just starting out. However, the stories were ont as good as her other ones. My favorite was Short-Tempered Melancholic; then This Love is Nonfiction; followed by Rainy Afternoons are for Romantic Heroine and finally, The Style of the Second Love.
Caroline
Apr 30, 2009 Caroline rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult
This is a collection of short stories by Arina Tanemura, and they are all extraordinarily well-told and funny. The problem is, I hate the artwork. I'm just not a fan of super-shojo-sparkles style, and the eyes are way too big. The full-page artwork is extremely complicated and detailed, and it's too much for my eyes. But if you like this sort of thing, you'll like this book.
Chelsea
This volume was a lot of fun and had several cute stories included. I loved all the characters involved throughout the 4 different stories included in this volume and would like to read more about some of them.

Volume Includes:
Short-Tempered Melancholic
This Love is Nonfiction
Rainy Afternoons are for Romantic Heroines
The Style of the Second Love
Keri (JD)
Aug 21, 2009 Keri (JD) rated it really liked it
This book was adorable, I liked the last three short stories much better than the first.

Short tempered melancholic its self had issues with flow imo.

I really enjoyed the short story about the two pen pals near the end. Tres Bien.
Treasure
A quick read, a stand alone manga of 4 stories dealing with, of course, young beautiful high school girls falling in love. The stories are pretty creative and fun.
Evey Morgan
Jul 27, 2015 Evey Morgan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
Horrible y terrible.... Esta autora parece que no es para mí. ¿Lo peor? Que tengo varios mangas más suyos en mi estantería...
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2014
Misty
Misty rated it it was ok
May 17, 2013
Ryokokalin
Ryokokalin rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2010
Ladyblade89
Ladyblade89 rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2009
FuLL MooN
FuLL MooN rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2009
Katarina Indri
Katarina Indri rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Phùng Trung Nghĩa
Phùng Trung Nghĩa rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Lucia Lumbreras diz
Lucia Lumbreras diz rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Mariah Bingaman
Mariah Bingaman rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2011
Franziska
Franziska rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Alcieta
Alcieta rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2012
Dasha \(^o^\)
Dasha \(^o^\) rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 02 (Captive Hearts, #2)
  • Papillon 2
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 5 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #5)
  • Codename: Sailor V, #1 (Codename: Sailor V, #1)
  • Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase, Volume 1
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 11
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 12 (D.N.Angel, #12)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 2 (Alice 19th, #2)
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 06
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 02
  • Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 1
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...