The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies, Revised and Updated for the 21st Century

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Book that Sparked A Selling Revolution In 1985 one book changed sales and marketing forever. Rejecting manipulative tactics and emphasizing "process," Strategic Selling presented the idea of selling as a joint venture and introduced the decade's most influential concept, Win-Win. The response to Win-Win was immediate. And it helped turn the small company that created S...more
Published November 16th 2008 by Business Plus (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The New Strategic Selling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Strategic Selling

Buttface_killa
It's alright, but the figures and diagrams suck. It does try to make the selling process more complicated than it needs to be.
Andrew
This is an excellent book that recasts traditionally tactically-oriented sales as a long-term strategic process. Rather than "calls to action" and personality types, it's all about identifying all the buying influences and finding out about them: their role in the specific sale, level of influence, views of the situation, win-results.

While the book contains approaches to dealing with obstacles (such as Technical Buyers pretending to be the Economic Buyer), the emphasis is on a high level view of...more
Janet
Points of influence with potential clients. And also, for me as purchaser of services, a way of looking at what I should amplify what I need so that I get what is needed.

My first two consultative sales course was SPIN selling in 1996 from Microsoft then Mahan Khalsa's course (now Franklin Covey private offering) offered from Microsoft in 1998. This was the best book to explain effectiveness techniques directed at a situation, not just an overall conceptual framework.
Devin Partlow
I used to think salesmen were born, but now I understand that the great ones just follow a process. A process outlined in detail in this book
Richard
Strategically say about selling, but I cannot get full picture when I read once. I'll read it again to understand it precisely.
Chris Ross
I took the New Strategic Selling Program from Miller Heiman in August 2003, nearly 10 years ago and I got this book at the same time. I decided to read the book as a refresher and it is a great book. If you are a sales professional, and want to have customers for life, and make Win-Win deals this book is for you.
Jessica
Even if you personally find yourself already leaning on this strength a lot, the book's organized approach is reassuring, and the goal it sets of applying such thought to all applicable accounts is beneficial. Thanks.
Tim
If you want to understand the sales process for selling business to business when there is a complex decision maker (more than one person involved), then this is a great book.
Amanda Patterson
25 years later the concept of win-win still works. This book has been updated to incorporate today's issues in sales. The New Strategic Selling has become the way people sell.
Aubrey
Jun 01, 2012 Aubrey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aubrey by: Joe Nezi
Shelves: for-psi
Joe Nezi spoke at the 2012 annual PRISM conference in Vegas at this session: "Accounts Strategy & the Sales Call" and recommended this book.
Christian
Great foundational sales philosphy - needs to be paired with Spin Selling as a complete kit.
Shan
This book is a career guide and foundational must-have to anyone looking to get into sales.
Manpreet
Great book to learn how to sell strategically. Learned some great things!
Ray Cobel
A most insightful read on the mindsets sellers must address.
Barbara Brien
I think I may never finish this.
Book'd
Pretty informative...
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Facundo Ercole
Facundo Ercole marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Steve Daigle
Steve Daigle is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
J.A. Simmons V
J.A. Simmons V marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Roberto Estreitinho
Roberto Estreitinho marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Claudio
Claudio marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Wyll Thethirdplusx
Wyll Thethirdplusx marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Simon Kirk
Simon Kirk marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • Spin Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff
  • The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • 1001 Ways to Reward Employees
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • The Discipline of Market Leaders: Choose Your Customers, Narrow Your Focus, Dominate Your Market
  • Co-Opetition
  • The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High-Performance Organization
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • Emotional Branding: The New Paradigm for Connecting Brands to People
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Million Dollar Consulting: the Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice
  • The First Billion Is the Hardest: How Believing It's Still Early in the Game Can Lead to Life's Greatest Comebacks
  • Beyond Reason: Using Emotions as You Negotiate
The New Conceptual Selling: The Most Effective And Proven Method For Face To Face Sales Planning Selling Machine: How to Focus Every Member of Your Company on the Vital Business of Selling The New Successful Large Account Management: Maintaining and Growing Your Most Important Assets -- Your Customers The New Conceptual Selling: The Most Effective and Proven Method for Face-to-Face Sales Planning Successful Large Account Management