Start by marking “Fast-Talking Dolphin” as Want to Read:
Fast-Talking Dolphin

Fast-Talking Dolphin

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Eric Anderson can't believe his eyes - or his ears! What is a dolphin, a rhyme-talking dolphin, doing in a New England trout pond?

Simple. Wallingford Ullingham Lowell, the Third - Wallingford for short - claims he was on his way to a big oceanography conference. Somehow he fell out of his plane into the pond near the Anderson's farm.

As Eric and the exaasperating Wallingfor
Published June 1st 1989 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Fast-Talking Dolphin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast-Talking Dolphin

Teri Anderson
This was a much-loved book of mine from childhood. I had the pleasure of reading my much-worn copy to my son, and we soooo enjoyed it together. Wallingford is a highly educated talking dolphin (think Charles Winchester III from MASH here!) He has a talent for speaking in anapestic poetry. His troubles begin when, en route to a convention, he falls from an airplane and lands in a pond on a New England mountain. And this is where the boy named Eric meets him. Thank you, Carson Davidson, for a wond ...more
Wayne S.
Eric Anderson lives with his father, mother, and brother Karl on a farm beside a mountain in New England. One day, he goes to a nearby ten foot wide trout pond and finds a bottle-nosed dolphin named Wallingford Ullingham Lowell, the Third. What is even more amazing is that Wallingford can talk—and in anapestic poetry no less. The dolphin says that he was in a plane on his way to an oceanography conference in London when he fell out of the cargo hold. In doing his research, Eric finds out that do ...more
Kristy
I read this book many years ago when I was in the 6th grade; and it was the book, for whatever reason, that made me fall-in-love books. I realized that reading could be fun and not just something I had to do reluctantly. Now 20 years later, I have read hundreds of books; but I still remember that the Fast-Talking Dolphin and the book report I read it for, was what started it all.

Thank you Carson Davidson. It was by chance I picked up your book at a book fair and thought, "Well why not... it has
Alisha
This was a cute and even funny little book. I love dolphins and what can be better than a TALKING DOLPHIN. I must say this dolphin has some attitude! A great little read.
Magda
December 2011: Found in books from Tita's attic.
Kymba
Blaise
Blaise added it
Jun 10, 2013
Sylvaine Mae
Sylvaine Mae marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Abby
Abby added it
Jun 27, 2012
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2009
The Adventures of Thumbelina Starring You (Make Believe It's You, No 3) Puss In Boots