Start by marking “I Don't Want to Go to Bed!” as Want to Read:
I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When Mommy Tiger tells Little Tiger it's time for bed, he runs off to visit his friends instead. But being alone in the jungle at night isn't as much fun as Little Tiger imagines. Will he be able to find his way home again?
Board book, 32 pages
Published February 1st 1998 by Little Tiger Pr (first published March 1st 1901)

To ask other readers questions about I Don't Want to Go to Bed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

Muse Here
We could totally relate to this tiger and his whiny voice "But I don't want to go to bed". We have to take turns being the tiger and getting all lonely and sleepy as all the rest of the world goes to sleep. Very cute book. Great for a new child starting to read, to learn inflection. It is a difficult line to read monotone, when it's so commonly heard as a whine. My kids really like this one.
Kristi Bernard
Most kids get a little restless and don't want to go to bed at night. During this time little ones think that there are lots of cool and interesting things that happen after they go to bed. But is that true?

Little tiger does not want to go to bed. Every night Mommy Tiger has to talk him down for the night. One night she says, “All right! You can stay up all night long.” Of course Little Tiger goes out to see what happens after bedtime. What he learns is that lots of animals are going to bed and
Megan Jones
It is time for Little Tiger to be go to bed, but he doesn't want to go to bed. Little Tiger pushes his mother over the edge and she finally says to him to just stay up all night because she is tired of Little Tiger's constant whining about bedtime. So Little Tiger runs off to go visit his animal best friends Little Lion, Little Hippo, Little Elephant and Little Monkey. But, to his surprise they are all ready to go to bed themselves. It soon becomes dark, cold and scary in the jungle and Little T ...more
Samantha
Little Tiger never wants to go to bed. He finally gets his wish when Mommy Tiger says he can stay up. He runs off into the jungle to visit his friends. However, they are all going to bed, so there is no one to play with. It begins to get dark and scary...

The story is told in a simple to understand fashion for young children. The illustrations are well done and show the emotions of the animals. The word choice is one that very young readers will understand. The words are simple enough that as the
Amber Jenstad
This would be a great book to read to children before bed and you could even use it in a classroom setting. The pictures were drawn very well and you could almost tell the story with just the illustration. The main character was reluctant to go to sleep, but in the end he wore himself out and ended up going to bed anyways. He thought he had no more rules to follow, but in reality his mom knew exactly what she was doing. This kind of relates to parents and children, even teachers. If you want chi ...more
I didn't like this one because the tiger whines about not wanting to go to bed and my daughter would start whining about not wanting to go to bed after reading it. But she loves it because she loves tigers.
Colm M.
I love the children's book I Don't Want To Go To Bed! This book can be cool happy and fun. It is fun because He adventures through the forest and incountures many cool things. This book is cool because who doe's not like a tiger who is lost that is trying to not go to bed. This book is happy because the adventure of him not trying to go to bed.This book by Julie Sykes can not be ignored watch how tiger adventures through the jungle. Read this book. Children's book lovers would love my book that ...more
Becky
A tiger cub is so insistent about not wanting to go to bed, that his mother finally roars, FINE, STAY UP ALL NIGHT! Tiger cub happily trots off into the jungle to play with his friends, but finds that, one by one, they're all going to bed -- and to sleep! As the dark closes in and he gets sleepy & scared, a friendly bushbaby offers to take him home to his mother. He gets home, and falls asleep immediately!

The pictures and story are cute. My daughter loves this book. We have taken it out of t
Linda Atkinson
preschool storytime appropriate
Andrea
This delightful story could be used as a companion book to "Don't let the Pigeon Stay Up Late." The drawings are delightful as Tiger thinks his dream has come true when Mommy Tiger finally lost her temper and roared, "ALL RIGHT THEN, YOU CAN STAY UP ALL NIGHT!" Little Tiger "scampers" off only to find all of his friends are being put to bed. Eventually he comes upon Bush Baby, a nocturnal animal who leads him home. Little Tiger appears in a number of stories, so children will enjoy reading about ...more
Jessie
This is a really cute bedtime book that preschoolers will love about a tiger that doesn't want to bed and goes wandering around to play with various friends instead, but he can't play with any of his friends because they're all busy getting ready for bed.
Finally a nocturnal Bush Baby takes tiger back to his mom and he falls asleep.

I want to like the book more, but it really bugs me that it's about a tiger, because tigers are diurnal... I just think it would have made more sense to use a differen
April
In this beautifully illustrated story, Little Tiger doesn't want to go to bed and would rather stay up. Mama Tiger is tired of having this fight and tells him to stay up all night. After running off to visit his friends, Little Tiger learns that he is not the only one who has to go to bed. After getting lost in the jungle, he makes a new nocturnal friend who helps him get home to Mama Tiger, where he falls fast asleep.
Emily Corrison
great for kids participation
Ebony Hargett
This book is easy for children to relate to. My two kids love when I read this book to them at bedtime and it never gets old. The illustrations are great and fun to look at while reading. I would use this book during a health lesson on sleep, why we sleep and facts that every living thing sleeps. It is also an easy read for children.
Pauline
Julie Sykes is my class author this half term. Though the children prefer the Santa books I just love Little Tiger; probably because in a school assembly my own daughter played the part of Little Tiger. So a lovely book with lovely memories.
Mandy
Little Tiger constantly complains that he doesn't want to go to bed. So Mommy Tiger, tired of hearing his complaining, tells him he can stay up then.

Great read aloud with its phrase, "But I don't want to go to bed!"
Rebecca
Love the repitition in this book along with the tiger acting a little naughty. This always made my children laugh because bed time can be a difficult time for little kids and baby animals.
Suzanne
This was lovely, little tiger ventured out after dark, but found his way back to mummy with the help of bush baby. It was perfect for us and our special bed time reading.
Sue Salazar
This was my daughter's must read bedtime story from age 2 -4. She even wrote a book report on it in 7th grade (genre of children's book). It will never leave her room.
Dianna
The text is too long for a board book. The story and pictures are cute enough.
An!
this was the first book i ever learned how to read
Kat96
I used to read this to my sis all the time!!!
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Gabe
Gabe marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Ethan
Ethan added it
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Amber That Pesky Dragon Hurry, Santa! I Don't Want to Have a Bath Shhh!