Start by marking “I Don't Want to Go to Bed!” as Want to Read:
I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

When Mommy Tiger tells Little Tiger it's time for bed, he runs off to visit his friends instead. But being alone in the jungle at night isn't as much fun as Little Tiger imagines. Will he be able to find his way home again?
Board book, 32 pages
Published February 1st 1998 by Little Tiger Pr (first published March 1st 1901)

To ask other readers questions about I Don't Want to Go to Bed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't Want to Go to Bed!

Suzanne
Oct 09, 2012 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was lovely, little tiger ventured out after dark, but found his way back to mummy with the help of bush baby. It was perfect for us and our special bed time reading.
Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Muse Here
Dec 17, 2011 Muse Here rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We could totally relate to this tiger and his whiny voice "But I don't want to go to bed". We have to take turns being the tiger and getting all lonely and sleepy as all the rest of the world goes to sleep. Very cute book. Great for a new child starting to read, to learn inflection. It is a difficult line to read monotone, when it's so commonly heard as a whine. My kids really like this one.
Nicolette
Sep 12, 2016 Nicolette rated it really liked it
Good Reads #3
I Don’t Want To Go To Bed!

Summary – This story takes you on the journey of a little tiger who doesn’t want to go to bed! He visits all his other animal friends, but instead of playing, he only sees them going to bed. He continues to wander in the jungle all by himself and soon becomes very scared. Fortunately for him, he runs into a Bush Baby with very bright eyes who takes him back safely to his mom. Little Tiger is now very tired after his journey and quickly falls right to sleep
Kristi Bernard
Dec 08, 2013 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing
Most kids get a little restless and don't want to go to bed at night. During this time little ones think that there are lots of cool and interesting things that happen after they go to bed. But is that true?

Little tiger does not want to go to bed. Every night Mommy Tiger has to talk him down for the night. One night she says, “All right! You can stay up all night long.” Of course Little Tiger goes out to see what happens after bedtime. What he learns is that lots of animals are going to bed and
Megan Jones
Sep 03, 2012 Megan Jones rated it liked it
It is time for Little Tiger to be go to bed, but he doesn't want to go to bed. Little Tiger pushes his mother over the edge and she finally says to him to just stay up all night because she is tired of Little Tiger's constant whining about bedtime. So Little Tiger runs off to go visit his animal best friends Little Lion, Little Hippo, Little Elephant and Little Monkey. But, to his surprise they are all ready to go to bed themselves. It soon becomes dark, cold and scary in the jungle and Little T ...more
Amber Jenstad
Jan 29, 2013 Amber Jenstad rated it really liked it
This would be a great book to read to children before bed and you could even use it in a classroom setting. The pictures were drawn very well and you could almost tell the story with just the illustration. The main character was reluctant to go to sleep, but in the end he wore himself out and ended up going to bed anyways. He thought he had no more rules to follow, but in reality his mom knew exactly what she was doing. This kind of relates to parents and children, even teachers. If you want chi ...more
Samantha
May 18, 2010 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Little Tiger never wants to go to bed. He finally gets his wish when Mommy Tiger says he can stay up. He runs off into the jungle to visit his friends. However, they are all going to bed, so there is no one to play with. It begins to get dark and scary...

The story is told in a simple to understand fashion for young children. The illustrations are well done and show the emotions of the animals. The word choice is one that very young readers will understand. The words are simple enough that as the
Andrea
Oct 18, 2008 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This delightful story could be used as a companion book to "Don't let the Pigeon Stay Up Late." The drawings are delightful as Tiger thinks his dream has come true when Mommy Tiger finally lost her temper and roared, "ALL RIGHT THEN, YOU CAN STAY UP ALL NIGHT!" Little Tiger "scampers" off only to find all of his friends are being put to bed. Eventually he comes upon Bush Baby, a nocturnal animal who leads him home. Little Tiger appears in a number of stories, so children will enjoy reading about ...more
Jessie
Apr 23, 2010 Jessie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a really cute bedtime book that preschoolers will love about a tiger that doesn't want to bed and goes wandering around to play with various friends instead, but he can't play with any of his friends because they're all busy getting ready for bed.
Finally a nocturnal Bush Baby takes tiger back to his mom and he falls asleep.

I want to like the book more, but it really bugs me that it's about a tiger, because tigers are diurnal... I just think it would have made more sense to use a differen
Becky
Jan 27, 2010 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: children-and-ya
A tiger cub is so insistent about not wanting to go to bed, that his mother finally roars, FINE, STAY UP ALL NIGHT! Tiger cub happily trots off into the jungle to play with his friends, but finds that, one by one, they're all going to bed -- and to sleep! As the dark closes in and he gets sleepy & scared, a friendly bushbaby offers to take him home to his mother. He gets home, and falls asleep immediately!

The pictures and story are cute. My daughter loves this book. We have taken it out of t
Colm M.
Sep 27, 2012 Colm M. rated it it was amazing
I love the children's book I Don't Want To Go To Bed! This book can be cool happy and fun. It is fun because He adventures through the forest and incountures many cool things. This book is cool because who doe's not like a tiger who is lost that is trying to not go to bed. This book is happy because the adventure of him not trying to go to bed.This book by Julie Sykes can not be ignored watch how tiger adventures through the jungle. Read this book. Children's book lovers would love my book that ...more
April
Feb 09, 2013 April rated it really liked it
In this beautifully illustrated story, Little Tiger doesn't want to go to bed and would rather stay up. Mama Tiger is tired of having this fight and tells him to stay up all night. After running off to visit his friends, Little Tiger learns that he is not the only one who has to go to bed. After getting lost in the jungle, he makes a new nocturnal friend who helps him get home to Mama Tiger, where he falls fast asleep.
Ebony Hargett
Feb 19, 2011 Ebony Hargett rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-related
This book is easy for children to relate to. My two kids love when I read this book to them at bedtime and it never gets old. The illustrations are great and fun to look at while reading. I would use this book during a health lesson on sleep, why we sleep and facts that every living thing sleeps. It is also an easy read for children.
Trish
Jan 28, 2015 Trish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: je, 2015
What a cute book. It is about a little tiger who doesn't want to go to bed so finally the mother who is tired of fighting with the little tiger says fine you can stay up all night.What parent hasn't dealt with that. Then the book goes on to describe the rest of little tiger's night. Very cute! My three year old loved it.
Pauline
Nov 10, 2012 Pauline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Julie Sykes is my class author this half term. Though the children prefer the Santa books I just love Little Tiger; probably because in a school assembly my own daughter played the part of Little Tiger. So a lovely book with lovely memories.
Feb 09, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
I didn't like this one because the tiger whines about not wanting to go to bed and my daughter would start whining about not wanting to go to bed after reading it. But she loves it because she loves tigers.
Mandy
Mar 09, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Little Tiger constantly complains that he doesn't want to go to bed. So Mommy Tiger, tired of hearing his complaining, tells him he can stay up then.

Great read aloud with its phrase, "But I don't want to go to bed!"
Emily
Jan 13, 2015 Emily added it
great for kids participation
Sue Salazar
Jun 16, 2009 Sue Salazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my daughter's must read bedtime story from age 2 -4. She even wrote a book report on it in 7th grade (genre of children's book). It will never leave her room.
An!
Mar 30, 2008 An! rated it really liked it
this was the first book i ever learned how to read
Rebecca
Jun 03, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
Love the repitition in this book along with the tiger acting a little naughty. This always made my children laugh because bed time can be a difficult time for little kids and baby animals.
Kat96
Dec 18, 2008 Kat96 rated it it was amazing
I used to read this to my sis all the time!!!
Dianna
Jan 13, 2012 Dianna rated it liked it
The text is too long for a board book. The story and pictures are cute enough.
Linda Atkinson
preschool storytime appropriate
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Marie Kendrick
Marie Kendrick rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Stultuscaudex
Stultuscaudex rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2011
Chloe Vance
Chloe Vance rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Grumpy Morning
  • One Duck Stuck
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • Floss
  • Maisy Goes Shopping
  • A Kiss Goodbye  (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #3)
  • Love Is a Handful of Honey