Love Can Build a Bridge

Love Can Build a Bridge

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  223 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Naomi Judd's beloved song has become a worldwide anthem to the power of people helping people. This spectacular picture book extends this vital message to children--that in their world, with their own actions, they can make a difference in other people's lives. Full color.
Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages
Published August 29th 1994 by Fawcett (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Love Can Build a Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Can Build a Bridge

Debbie Duran
Naomi Judd is such a strong woman & capable of doing so many different things. I did not know she was a certified nurse. Interesting story, especially since I'd just watched a documentary on tv with her & Wynonna. I'd like to read Ashley's book too, because she Was left behind a lot.
Carrie
Was a good book until I found out later Naomi Judd lied about some of the "true" information in the book. That was not appropriate.
Lauri
Apr 29, 2009 Lauri rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: True Country Music Fans
Shelves: biographies
Surprising! I actually made it through a Bio. which I have never been able to do before. This book brought back memories from my childhood. I was raised on country music and loved the Judds when I was alittle girl. This poor woman had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. But in the end she showed how brave she was. Through her life she fought to survive and to acheive her dreams with courage, strength, love and most of all FAITH! She never lost her faith in God. She took good care of her two...more
Rosa Cline
If you enjoy listening to the Judds; you will enjoy reading their life story. It's written where you aren't lost and can follow it. Seeing an inside to their lives. Not so sure if you don't like their music if you would enjoy reading about them.
Michelle
this book was one of the required reading choices at an acting school naomi and her daughter ashley had also attended. It is so inspiring, and I don't think I've ever heard a Judds song. I haven't given it a five though- I read in interview with Ashley Judd that she was going to write a follow up to this autobiography, entitled, "The Truth". And in Wynonna's autobio, her biological daddy is someone else. Am anticipating Ashley Judd's auto.
Lenn
I went back and read this after reading her daughter, Ashley Judd's account of the same events and discovered that Naomi truly is a gifted storyteller. I do believe that even though most of her accounts of the situations and family were fiction. She can spin a great web of deceit. I have a great deal of compassion for both of her daughters. I can relate to the country life she writes of and the love of God and simple pleasures.
Brandi Trauman
I absolutely adore the Judd's, so it was interesting to get such a personal insight into their lives. That being said, I had a hard time staying focuses sometimes, because although I adore Naomi Judd, she isn't a gifted writer. I had to give it a good review, just because I really enjoyed learning more about one of my favorite families!
Amy
I borrowed this book from my mom at one point. (She loves biographies.) It started out okay and interesting, but I lost interest after Naomi and Wynonna start to make it big. It was more interesting for me to see what their lives were like before they were famous I guess. Anyway, it was just sort of okay for me...
Cherice
I read this quite a few years ago but remember really enjoying it. It's a rags-to-riches true story about mother-daughter struggles, trying to get in the country music business, and staying true to oneself.
Troy
This is a very good book I highly recommend this book.This book realy makes you think Naomi is very open and honest about there lives.Words enough can't say you just have to read the book.
Verna
I loved this book. Some of it shocked and some thrilled me. To see what Naomi and Wynonna had to over come to get where they are today. I would recommend this book
Sue
Is 500 + pages! Naoami is the mom, daughters are Wynonna, a singer, and Ashley, an actress.
Isolabella
It was a fun book to read, even though I am not a country music fan.
Sarah Leone
I loved the book and the made for tv movie I own both of them.
Christi
If you are a Mom or a daughter you should read this book!
Collette
Fun Read, if you like the country music stars
Patty
Jul 20, 2008 Patty added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: big time
Loved this very real book!
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Larue Carter
Larue Carter marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Laura Norton
Laura Norton marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
D Brown
D Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
19645
Naomi Judd is an American country music singer, songwriter, and activist.
More about Naomi Judd...
Naomi's Home Companion: A Treasury of Favorite Recipes, Food for Thought, and Kitchen Wit and Wisdom Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life The Transparent Life: 30 Proven Ways to Live Your Best Naomi's Guide to Aging Gratefully: Facts, Myths, and Good News for Boomers Naomi Judd's Love Can Build a Bridge