Start by marking “Love Can Build a Bridge” as Want to Read:
Love Can Build a Bridge

Love Can Build a Bridge

Naomi Judd's beloved song has become a worldwide anthem to the power of people helping people. This spectacular picture book extends this vital message to children--that in their world, with their own actions, they can make a difference in other people's lives. Full color.
Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages
Published August 29th 1994 by Fawcett (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Love Can Build a Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Can Build a Bridge

Tanya T
I was excited about this book when it first came out and couldn't wait to read it. The Judds were at the height of their fame when Naomi dropped the bomb that she had to retire because of her health.
I was really disappointed because i thought the book was about BOTH of them, only it seems like Naomi and only Naomi was the star of this show. I really kind of lost some respect for her with some of the stories she told, especially the total and blatant lie about who Wynonna's biological father was.
Debbie Duran
Naomi Judd is such a strong woman & capable of doing so many different things. I did not know she was a certified nurse. Interesting story, especially since I'd just watched a documentary on tv with her & Wynonna. I'd like to read Ashley's book too, because she Was left behind a lot.
Apr 18, 2009 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good book until I found out later Naomi Judd lied about some of the "true" information in the book. That was not appropriate.
Apr 29, 2009 Lauri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: True Country Music Fans
Shelves: biographies
Surprising! I actually made it through a Bio. which I have never been able to do before. This book brought back memories from my childhood. I was raised on country music and loved the Judds when I was alittle girl. This poor woman had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. But in the end she showed how brave she was. Through her life she fought to survive and to acheive her dreams with courage, strength, love and most of all FAITH! She never lost her faith in God. She took good care of her two ...more
Rosa Cline
Jan 19, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy listening to the Judds; you will enjoy reading their life story. It's written where you aren't lost and can follow it. Seeing an inside to their lives. Not so sure if you don't like their music if you would enjoy reading about them.
Jan 24, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
this book was one of the required reading choices at an acting school naomi and her daughter ashley had also attended. It is so inspiring, and I don't think I've ever heard a Judds song. I haven't given it a five though- I read in interview with Ashley Judd that she was going to write a follow up to this autobiography, entitled, "The Truth". And in Wynonna's autobio, her biological daddy is someone else. Am anticipating Ashley Judd's auto.
Brandi Trauman
Feb 27, 2013 Brandi Trauman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore the Judd's, so it was interesting to get such a personal insight into their lives. That being said, I had a hard time staying focuses sometimes, because although I adore Naomi Judd, she isn't a gifted writer. I had to give it a good review, just because I really enjoyed learning more about one of my favorite families!
Mar 02, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I borrowed this book from my mom at one point. (She loves biographies.) It started out okay and interesting, but I lost interest after Naomi and Wynonna start to make it big. It was more interesting for me to see what their lives were like before they were famous I guess. Anyway, it was just sort of okay for me...
Feb 04, 2009 Cherice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this quite a few years ago but remember really enjoying it. It's a rags-to-riches true story about mother-daughter struggles, trying to get in the country music business, and staying true to oneself.
Aug 04, 2011 Troy rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book I highly recommend this book.This book realy makes you think Naomi is very open and honest about there lives.Words enough can't say you just have to read the book.
Mar 09, 2009 Verna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Some of it shocked and some thrilled me. To see what Naomi and Wynonna had to over come to get where they are today. I would recommend this book
Sep 06, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book. and it just blew me away. It's a great book. Naomi went through so much.
Sue Kozlowski
Aug 27, 2013 Sue Kozlowski rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
Is 500 + pages! Naoami is the mom, daughters are Wynonna, a singer, and Ashley, an actress.
Nov 22, 2010 Isolabella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoirs
It was a fun book to read, even though I am not a country music fan.
Sarah Leone
Feb 24, 2011 Sarah Leone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book and the made for tv movie I own both of them.
Mar 11, 2012 Christi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a Mom or a daughter you should read this book!
Dec 31, 2008 Collette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read, if you like the country music stars
Jul 20, 2008 Patty added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: big time
Loved this very real book!
Mar 30, 2016 Val rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I recall The Judds being popular in country music but was never a big fan. Naomi's telling of the journey to stardom is interesting but at times gets a bit preachy, especially towards the end once ill with hepatitis. I could have done with less quotes from the Bible.
Jul 19, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Joycelyn Davis
Joycelyn Davis marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Tiffany turner
Tiffany turner rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Jessie added it
Sep 22, 2016
Madison marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Sheena is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2016
Chelsea Lynn
Chelsea Lynn rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Vicky Reinhardt
Vicky Reinhardt marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Lois marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
  • Quiet Hero
  • Rock & Roll Jihad: A Muslim Rock Star's Revolution
  • The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House
  • Why Me: The Sammy Davis, Jr. Story
Naomi Judd is an American country music singer, songwriter, and activist.
More about Naomi Judd...