Start by marking “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)” as Want to Read:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #2)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  1,413 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Princess Nausicaä has left the Valley of the Wind to join Princess Kushana's forces. However, Nausicaä gets separated from the Torumekian fleet and finds herself face to face with the mysterious Ohmu, who open their hearts to her. But will Nausicaä be able to interpret their urgent warning about the southern forest? And what of the war which rages all around her?
Published March 31st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published August 25th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2

Elaine
Can't wait to read more. Warning: This volume is more violent than the last.
Donald Fite
Wow. I'm in No Man's Land now. More mysticism and prophecy than the story I'm used to. The amount of violence is surprising as well. At times I'm reminded of Princess Mononoke as well.
Michael
Onwards and forwards I plod amongst this book's pages. Omnomnom.
Raj
The second volume of the story of Princess Nausicaa, this widens and deepens the canvas of the story, showing us some more history of the world and more of the politics and factions that populate it. Nausicaa and the supporting characters are wonderfully drawn (metaphorically and literally) and the story keep hinting at more in an organic way that draws you in.

Miyazaki's tale of the dangers of ravaging the earth is poignant but never overbearing and I look forward to reading more of it.
Tom Meade
Things heat-up a bit in this episode with the discovery that the Dorok have engineered a deadly fungus which rapidly evolves beyond their control. Also, Nausicaa proves herself in battle, and Kui lays an egg after her mate, Kai, dies.
Nathalie
In this volume we get to meet the antagonist of Nausicaa. It appears the doom hanging over the world is bigger than just a war between two large empires. As Nausicaa tries to figure out what is happening, she comes closer to the front lines. Can Asbel and Yupa reach her in time to help her?

The story is very interesting. You get a sense of impending doom. The world Miyazaki is building becomes more interesting with every frame you see.
Scott Jeremy Nino Roberts
The book cover looks cool.
Aaron Nickel
Volume 2 finds our heroine in the midst of the ravages of war between the Torumekian and Dorok armies. The Doroks are up to some really unsavory stuff while waging war, making them seem like the de facto bad guys for the time being. Miyazaki's unbelievable art adds to the heavy atmosphere of battle. Bring on volume 3!
Kayla
Great story! I don't normally read comics/manga, but I saw the movie, and wanted to read the complete story. Nausicaa is an awesome character!

"That foolish child... does does she mean to protect the whole world by herself? My Nausicaa..." - King Jhil
Jacqueline Brocker
This series is so far EPIC, and this is only volume 2. Very different to the film, and so far am preferring the manga. Very worth the read for a Miyazaki fan, though I should reserve further judgment till I read all the volumes.
Jayme
Nothing really happened in this volume. It didn't get interesting at all until the very end of the book. And that was only because it was hinting at cool things to come. So hopefully there will be cool things to come...
Shaun
One thing I will say about these larger printings is that they really bring Miyazaki's narrative to life. I am seeing a lot of details that I don't remember from my read-through of the old manga-sized editions.
Deb
Aug 07, 2007 Deb rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Miyazaki & epic story fans
Shelves: favorites, manga
This series is slow to pick up the pace, but stick with it until the 3rd or 4th book and you'll be amazed at how much more depth & addicting storyline the books have than the movie.
Devero
Prosegue la saga di Nausicaa della Valle del Vento, lettura consigliata a chiunque appena appena se ne intenda di fumetto, o arte sequenziale che dir si voglia.
Moves a little slowly, and I'm still having trouble reading right-to-left, but I'm hooked no, so I have no choice but to finish the series. :)
Starbubbles
i sort of read this out of order. meaning, this one first. i think the movie would be awesome to see. it is most certainly imaginative.
Alexander Case
I'm rather surprised that this book basically reaches the conclusion of the film in the second volume, but with several more volumes to go.
Ted Child
It amazes me how patient some manga storis are and how each new manga seems to exponentially improve the depth of the story.
Kirsten
Even better than the first volume -- I could barely put it down. But my library doesn't have the third one! CURSES!
Coral Davies
The story and art work get more beautiful with each volume.
Mike
Too many factions with allegiances changing scene to scene with no explanation (I think - hard to follow).
Michael
via NYPL - still muddled, but becoming clearer. Interesting themes, not quite fully realized as a story.
kubby
nausicaa is trying to figure out how to stop the war as she witnesses the terrible effects it has.
Izlinda
Art was interesting, though a bit confusing. Fast paced, which was hard to keep up a bit.
Ryan Anthenat
my second time going through the seven books. it's a page turner with masterful art.
Edward Rathke
Decided I'll just review these all at once when I finish the series.
Aleta G
waiting for book vol. 1, so skipped ahead to two. :)
Cℓinton Sheppard
Goes beyond the story in the film.
  • Akira, Vol. 2 (Akira, #2)
  • Planetes, Book 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 16: Gateway Into Winter
  • Mushishi, Volume 5
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N
More about Hayao Miyazaki...
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1) The Art of Spirited Away Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Vol. 1 The Art of Howl's Moving Castle Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)