Start by marking “Sara, Book 1: Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction” as Want to Read:
Sara, Book 1: Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction

Sara, Book 1: Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction

This book offers you, the reader, a thoughtful and inspired formula for generating appreciation, happiness, and good feelings—deftly blended into the uplifting story of a plucky, inquisitive girl named Sara; and her teacher, an ethereal owl named Solomon.

There’s something in Sara for any child, adult, or teen pursuing joy and meaning . . . and searching for answers about l
Published April 1st 2007 by Hay House (first published April 1st 1995)

Anais
Feb 16, 2016 Anais rated it it was amazing
This book was. amazing! Not just for children but for adults too. I love Esther, Jerry and Abraham's teaching and how it was illustrated in a story was a powerful way to understand it and have fun reading and learning about it. I loved Solomon! And the part where he says that most beings community ate without words. The day before I finished I found a lizard. I felt like it was my very own Solomon : D I hadn't seen one since I was younger - my brother and I used to catch them and keep them for a ...more
Krista-Marie B
Mar 17, 2016 Krista-Marie B rated it really liked it
If you're just beginning to learn about the Law of Attraction, this is a great book. While it seems to be written for children, it's just as amazing for adults. I'm currently in the process of also reading Esther and Jerry's book "The Astonishing Power of Emotions" and I stopped that book to read this one. This book teaches the basics and it does it in such a way that is so easy to understand. It has great examples in it and also teaches ways to continue to say "yes" or be positive instead of sa ...more
Daniel Smith
May 12, 2013 Daniel Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! just bought copies for my grandchildren.
Naomi Louise
Apr 29, 2014 Naomi Louise rated it it was amazing
Sara, did you notice, that as long as you were talking about what you 'didn't' want, that you couldn't get what you 'did' want? But when you began talking about what you did want- even more important, when you were able to begin 'feeling' what you did want- then it came instantly?

I can't believe I've waited so long to read this!! Page 48 & I'm truly loving this...

This book was amazing! I've read lots of Jerry & Esther Hicks however the way this is told in a story like way was truly bril
Robin
Nov 30, 2015 Robin rated it liked it
This didactic book about law of attraction is the story about Sara, an ordinary girl with the usual problems, such as disruptive siblings, parents who worry about her, and limited unscheduled time to just relax and be. She does what most of us do about problems. She gets annoyed with her brother, adds to her parents’ worrying by worrying herself, and is resentful of intrusions upon her time and space. She feels most relaxed and happy when in nature. After an encounter with a wise owl while revel ...more
Kyra
Oct 29, 2010 Kyra rated it it was ok
Sara meets an owl that teaches her that there is no death, that she can change her life through positive thinking, and about the mysterious Law of Attraction (a concept written about in the early 1900s by William Walker Atkinson). Sara is an adorable character. She starts off slightly bitter and not so friendly with her little brother, but as she starts to practice the principles that her owl friend, Solomon, discusses with her, she sees her life improve right before her very eyes. She is so exc ...more
Stephanie
May 29, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I loved this book; it had some really great reminders that any age can appreciate. It reminded me to appreciate, and that positivity is always healthier.

However, I did not appreciate the few chapters where I felt an agenda was being pushed down my throat (The Law of Attraction). They were doing a great job explaining it's properties without having to give a name to it; giving a name to it risks alienating those who may have otherwise recommended the book to friends because it then becomes an adv
Fenesha
Apr 18, 2014 Fenesha rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable and informative read! This story is full of beliefs that many children may not question, and take as truth. However, adults that read this book may find themselves questioning their beliefs and habits. If your adult self needs a reminder from a young person's perspective of how to make life great, this book is for you. I'd love to hear a young person's review of this book.
Jennifyre Ziegler
Feb 01, 2010 Jennifyre Ziegler rated it it was amazing
I feel as though everyone in the universe should read these books. Whats more after you read them you should find the closest child to you and start reading this series to them!!!

I have no children of my own..you know I'm everybody's favorite auntie and a godmother to boot, I have worked with kids my whole life and read hundreds of books for children. I have never seen a series of books that makes so much sense and is such a joyful clear message for children and adults.

If you do read this ser
Piona247
Apr 19, 2016 Piona247 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It just perfect, gonna purchase Sara book 2

Its more practical with daily life, reading how lil girl getting to understand and know all bout well being :) makes me understand and know more about well being and practice it
Nahid
Apr 23, 2014 Nahid rated it liked it
Very good introduction of the law of attraction for kids. I'm not a kid, and I read it and it was a good reminder of how things are. The great thing about this book is that it incorporates it into a life and story, rather than just teach the theory.
Anjali
May 28, 2015 Anjali rated it it was amazing
Amazing book . Must read for parents who want to introduce their children to positivity. Gets point across in a nice way and easy ways for adults and children to implement. Must read for all ages .
Jilles
Sep 22, 2014 Jilles rated it liked it
A nice addition to the understanding of the work of Abraham-Hicks.
Zorica Novakovic
Nov 05, 2015 Zorica Novakovic rated it it was amazing
Great way of teaching kids the law of attraction
Jan Quinn
Jan 03, 2016 Jan Quinn rated it really liked it
Good advice cute story
Melissa
Dec 09, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
childhood connected
Frankie
Dec 04, 2008 Frankie rated it it was amazing
This a very cute, sweet little didactic book. There are so many children's books teaching the lessons of religions out there. It's nice to have something teaching the things I believe.

It's very simplistic, and fairly bluntly educational, but still enjoyable. And even though it's all stuff I already know seeing the points explained through a story is definitely powerful and helpful. A great starter book for anyone wanting to learn more about the law of attraction without reading anything non-fict
Ieva Alvidovna
Jan 23, 2015 Ieva Alvidovna rated it it was amazing
Simply, life changing. Amazing!
Brianna
Jul 04, 2009 Brianna rated it it was amazing
A life changing book for me! I re-read this book EVERY year and if I did have SO many other books on my list of reads then I would probably read it more often. It DEEPLY moves me each and every time I read it. I read it out loud to my class at school and I am positive that I gain more than they do BUT it is truly MAGICAL!!!! It is a simple enough story for children, yet a complex enough one for adults.

CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS, CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Grace
Dec 04, 2009 Grace rated it it was amazing
This book was super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super good! Sara found an owl that talked through her mind. The owl and her kept talking after school and there was a goal she wanted to reach and he helped her. I learned that you can reach a goal even if it's really hard and it might take a while. If you think bad thoughts, you have a bad day. If you think good thoughts, you have a good day.
Christine
Apr 15, 2009 Christine rated it really liked it
If you like the positive philosophy of Jerry and Esther Hicks, this book is highly recommended. It's a children's chapter book, but is appropriate for children and adults alike. While the Abraham books explain how to put the power of attratcion into use in real life situations, following a fictional character who has many of the setbacks that we've all had in our lives at some point really makes the concepts stick. A fun read!
Rachel
Apr 28, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ for all kids/adults and everyone

so many messages about life and great lessons put in an easy to understand way

Coreena McBurnie
Dec 21, 2015 Coreena McBurnie rated it it was amazing
I read this to my daughter and it was a great experience for us both. This book so clearly and effortlessly sums up Abraham's teachings in an easy to read and understand story. I've read Abraham's other books -- their books for adults -- but this book has all of the same information, essentially. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to understand the Law of Attraction.
Hakkalina
May 13, 2008 Hakkalina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great
My feelings about the book: Love

It is a lovely story about our life as we live and should live. It is writen for children, but for this it is very good for "adults". Fortunatelly there are 3 books in the series. Every happenings has got a "own" lesson. Some lessons have changed my life. I do not understand everything, but every re-reading give me new aspects.
Swanelle
Jan 05, 2012 Swanelle rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. It is an explanation of the Law of the Harvest told in story form. So much good information clearly presented. At times it is a bit philosophical for my 6 year old,though she still wants me to read it to her. I have gotten so much out of it, I would recommend it as reading for any age.
Angie Saavedra
Este libro lo leí por recomendación de alguien a quien aprecio MUCHÍSIMO, y se lo agradezco, ya que es un libro muy tierno, fácil de leer y que te alegra.
Un libro muy simple que te da muchos consejos acerca de la felicidad de una manera muy interesante.
Recomendable.
David
May 12, 2009 David rated it it was amazing
If you have a chance to read this series, they are incredible. This is written for readers of nearly every age, and is a wonderful story about allowing life to work for you. I have read all three in the series and will definitely read them again, and again.
Wilma Reiber
Aug 07, 2012 Wilma Reiber rated it really liked it
this may look like a children's book (,and it is appropriate for children), but it is also fun for an adult to read. It reads like a fairy tale but makes you think about life and life after life. An insightful and comforting "children's story".
Dawn Putney
Oct 16, 2013 Dawn Putney rated it it was amazing
A quick, easy read, this is the first book I've read from the Hicks. Ii's simplicity is deceiving, there is a big message within. It came to me at just the right time. I plan on sharing it with others.
Linda
Sep 15, 2007 Linda added it
If you're looking for a book about life and learning how to attract and be happy with yourself, this is the one to read. Written in a story like fashion, it portrays the skills we all need to live by.
  • Unstoppable Me!: 10 Ways to Soar Through Life
  • The Wisdom of Wallace D. Wattles - Including: The Science of Getting Rich, the Science of Being Great & the Science of Being Well
  • Embracing the Beloved: Relationship as a Path of Awakening
  • Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things!
  • Psychic Intelligence: Tune In and Discover the Power of Your Intuition
  • Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience
  • How to Be Found by the Man You've Been Looking For
  • Journey of the Heart: The Path of Conscious Love
  • Journey of Awakening: A Meditator's Guidebook
  • The Law of Attraction in Action: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Transforming Your Life (No Matter Where You're Starting From)
  • Why Your Life Sucks
  • Transcendence: Healing and Transformation Through Transcendental Meditation
  • The Animal Activist's Handbook: Maximizing Our Positive Impact in Today's World
  • Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men
Esther Hicks is an American inspirational speaker and best-selling author. She has co-authored nine books with her husband Jerry Hicks, presents workshops on the Law of Attraction and appeared in the first release of the film The Secret. The Hickses' books, including the best-selling series The Law of Attraction, are — according to Esther Hicks — Channelled from a group of non-physical entities ca ...more
More about Esther Hicks...

“Sara, your work is not to look for the perfect place where only the things you want exist. Your work is to look for the things you want in every place.” 5 likes
“When you're able to acknowledge that many people are choosing different things; they believe differently; they want differently; they act differently, and when you understand that all of that adds to a more perfect whole, and that none of that threatens you-because the only thing that affects you is what you're doing with your own valve-then you move about freely and joyously.” 0 likes