Start by marking “My World Of Color” as Want to Read:
My World Of Color

My World Of Color

Well-loved for her books for young children, Margaret Wise Brown excels in bringing attention to the smallest details of a child's world. Here she introduces the concept of color to children with a wonderfully playful, lyrical text. Loretta Krupinski's jewel-toned palette, charming characters, and plentiful details perfectly complement the text.

To ask other readers questions about My World Of Color, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My World Of Color

Shannon
Feb 16, 2017 Shannon rated it did not like it
Books that teach colors are great, but this one is lacking. "Red as red. . . Purple as a purple balloon." This literally tells me nothing. Also, in the illustrations, the colors that are being discussed are not showcased enough. Sure, there is blue on the blue page and red on the red page, but those should be the first things I notice, and it just wasn't that obvious.
Deena Lernor
Nov 13, 2014 Deena Lernor rated it liked it
My World of Color by Margaret Wise Brown, is a story about colors and the objects that represent that color. Each page describes a a color and describes the many objects or environment that represent that color. Each page is a new setting to represent the text written on the page. In the end the reader will know all the colors and objects to represent them.

This story by Margaret Wise Brown is a book full of rhyming and colors. The book is considered to be poetry because of figurative language t
Abigail Surmay
Nov 13, 2014 Abigail Surmay rated it liked it
"My World of Color" by Margaret Wise Brown is a great poetry book for children learning colors.

Not only does this book keep children peeled to the pages of colorful illustrations describing and show multiple examples of colors but it also shows them how that world is spelled and how it is put into our world. This picture book will give children the beginning knowledge of colors so they are able to look around their own world and pick out the many colors they see.

The plot is a straight plot wit
Alexis Adelman
Nov 13, 2014 Alexis Adelman rated it really liked it
This book is all about different colors. It describes what objects or things have a certain color on them. Each page has a new color on it. It starts out with the color blue on a door and also end with the color blue on the door. It goes through the main colors and describes each one.

This book is great for a young child to have read to them. On each page it has a new color and pictures with that color on it to help describe the color. It is a very good visual learning book for a child trying to
Grant Cooper
This book is a story that ties in colors with representation. There is no plot, but each page brings new representation of a color. The reader will be left with a sense of understanding each object that represents a color.

Margaret Wise Brown presents figurative language in a poetic way throughout the book with a rhyming scheme that is continuous on each page. The illustrations represent the text written giving a visual to the reader to understand what the text is saying. The straight line plot h
Elaine
Apr 12, 2013 Elaine rated it really liked it
A very good subject story about colors. Different colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple,gray, black, pink, brown, and white were described with examples. The book is also good for a related hands on activites afterwards. Check beforehand to make sure that all of the colors mentioned are available in activity choice. Good for older preschool & kindergarten kids.
Amanda
Aug 13, 2008 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
My 2 1/2 y/o old son liked this book a lot more than I did. It goes through all of the colors with a little rhyme (I guess you could call it) for each. I wasn't that excited by the illustrations or the rhyme, but he's asked for it several times, so it must be appealing to a toddler.
Dec 18, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them.

The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.

No matter how many times I read this book, I find something new to look at, and admire!
Angie
Jan 29, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good book for learning colors.
Beverly
Apr 21, 2013 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
very nice illustrations!
Susan
Jan 27, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
It is a very simple story and honestly I would give it 3 stars, but L has loved this story since she got the book 9 years ago. Loves it... So we reread it often.
Jun 10, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them. The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.
Feb 02, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them.

The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.
Chrystal
Feb 09, 2010 Chrystal rated it really liked it
My daughter enjoyed the rhyme and rhythm of this book as well as the darling animals. Fun way to review colors!
Kay
Sep 27, 2016 Kay rated it it was ok
why did you chose these things??
also the end pages arent full of those colors, only partially. it would have been better if lots of the same color were used.
Nari
Mar 09, 2012 Nari rated it it was amazing
large font, 2 page spread for each color, vibrantly illustrated pictures.
Amy
May 11, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
pretty cute
Mary
Jan 11, 2010 Mary rated it it was amazing
This is a book Nicole picked out and it worked well because the color and the word were present so she could read along with me and learn what the color words looked like. Pictures were fabulous.
Kerry Patriarche
Kerry Patriarche rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Breanna Weston
Breanna Weston rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2013
Duckpondwithoutducks
Duckpondwithoutducks rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Leila
Leila rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Cheryl Gladfelter
Cheryl Gladfelter rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Niki
Niki rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Ariell
Ariell rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Briana
Briana rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p
More about Margaret Wise Brown...