Start by marking “My World Of Color” as Want to Read:
My World Of Color

My World Of Color

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Well-loved for her books for young children, Margaret Wise Brown excels in bringing attention to the smallest details of a child's world. Here she introduces the concept of color to children with a wonderfully playful, lyrical text. Loretta Krupinski's jewel-toned palette, charming characters, and plentiful details perfectly complement the text.

To ask other readers questions about My World Of Color, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My World Of Color

Deena Lernor
My World of Color by Margaret Wise Brown, is a story about colors and the objects that represent that color. Each page describes a a color and describes the many objects or environment that represent that color. Each page is a new setting to represent the text written on the page. In the end the reader will know all the colors and objects to represent them.

This story by Margaret Wise Brown is a book full of rhyming and colors. The book is considered to be poetry because of figurative language t
Abigail Surmay
"My World of Color" by Margaret Wise Brown is a great poetry book for children learning colors.

Not only does this book keep children peeled to the pages of colorful illustrations describing and show multiple examples of colors but it also shows them how that world is spelled and how it is put into our world. This picture book will give children the beginning knowledge of colors so they are able to look around their own world and pick out the many colors they see.

The plot is a straight plot wit
Alexis Adelman
This book is all about different colors. It describes what objects or things have a certain color on them. Each page has a new color on it. It starts out with the color blue on a door and also end with the color blue on the door. It goes through the main colors and describes each one.

This book is great for a young child to have read to them. On each page it has a new color and pictures with that color on it to help describe the color. It is a very good visual learning book for a child trying to
Grant Cooper
This book is a story that ties in colors with representation. There is no plot, but each page brings new representation of a color. The reader will be left with a sense of understanding each object that represents a color.

Margaret Wise Brown presents figurative language in a poetic way throughout the book with a rhyming scheme that is continuous on each page. The illustrations represent the text written giving a visual to the reader to understand what the text is saying. The straight line plot h
Meg McGregor
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them.

The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.
A very good subject story about colors. Different colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple,gray, black, pink, brown, and white were described with examples. The book is also good for a related hands on activites afterwards. Check beforehand to make sure that all of the colors mentioned are available in activity choice. Good for older preschool & kindergarten kids.
My 2 1/2 y/o old son liked this book a lot more than I did. It goes through all of the colors with a little rhyme (I guess you could call it) for each. I wasn't that excited by the illustrations or the rhyme, but he's asked for it several times, so it must be appealing to a toddler.
Meg McGregor
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them.

The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.

No matter how many times I read this book, I find something new to look at, and admire!
This is a book Nicole picked out and it worked well because the color and the word were present so she could read along with me and learn what the color words looked like. Pictures were fabulous.
It is a very simple story and honestly I would give it 3 stars, but L has loved this story since she got the book 9 years ago. Loves it... So we reread it often.
Meg McGregor
One of my favorite books to use with my littles when I review colors with them. The bright and glorious illustrations makes each color come alive.
My daughter enjoyed the rhyme and rhythm of this book as well as the darling animals. Fun way to review colors!
large font, 2 page spread for each color, vibrantly illustrated pictures.
Good book for learning colors.
very nice illustrations!
pretty cute
Srp marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Brandon marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Kaycie added it
Aug 24, 2015
Erin added it
Jul 13, 2015
Erica added it
Jun 04, 2015
Dacia Thomas
Dacia Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p
More about Margaret Wise Brown...