Start by marking “The Real Rain Man, Kim Peek” as Want to Read:
The Real Rain Man, Kim Peek

The Real Rain Man, Kim Peek

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The Real Rain Man portrays the fascinating life and multiple gifts of a one-of-a-kind mental giant, Kim Peek. Written by his father, Fran Peek, this "coming out of the dark" narrative is filled with personal anecdotes, quips, and reflections of a man and life the world could easily have missed.The real-life Rain Man is not autistic, nor is he a savant. In fact, he is consi ...more
Published March 28th 1997 by Harkness Publishing Consultants (first published March 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Real Rain Man, Kim Peek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Rain Man, Kim Peek

Christopher
Jun 12, 2008 Christopher rated it really liked it
A very interesting book about a guy I ran into at the Salt Lake Library recently. We waited for and rode in an elevator together and I said "are you kim peek" he said "my name is kim peek" I said: I read a book about you!
Kim: Going UP!
Me: It is an honor to meet you.
Kim:(never looking towards me at all) Fourth floor. Gonna return a book... get another one...put a book back.
Me:What book are you returning?
Kim: Going UP! Fourth Floor.
Me:Bye!
Nasrin
Aug 29, 2007 Nasrin rated it it was amazing
if we try hard we can't forced any 'subterranean siphon'

to saying each thing we want to say.
Brooke
This was such a good story, and the fact that it is... well... fact made it even better. It's amazing what the human spirit can overcome... Kim Peek seems like such an amazing person and so cute!!
Working in Special Ed I had a few students who were similar and it just made me smile when his dad quoted him, I could totally hear some of my students saying those things!
I love this book because it helps one understand the mentally disabled, and any book that does that is golden!
Katie Curry
Oct 25, 2011 Katie Curry rated it it was ok
This biography is written by Fran Peek about his son, Kim Peek, and his journey of life with a truly unique autism.
I would use this book for my own personal benefit in my future classroom. It gives the reader an insight on the quirky characteristics of an individual with autism and a truly unique case such as Kim's and the effect he had in making the movie Rain Man and the effect the movie had on his life.
Conor
Apr 09, 2014 Conor rated it really liked it
Kim Peek has extraordinary savant features that he is quite famous for. There are many savants in the world, but what sparks my interest in and appreciation for Kim is that he is an intense empath and a beautifully caring being as deserving of an HPMR phoenix as any mind out there. I heart-warming book.
Kacey
Jun 27, 2013 Kacey rated it it was amazing
got to meet the author and his son my senior yr of high school at a Rotaract Conference in Reno, NV...got a free copy of the book and reading it plus meeting the author and his son combined was amazing and something i'll never forget!! :)
Danni
Jul 11, 2009 Danni rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I just want to see the show now. I have been studying illnesses for a while and this book fit right in. This man is so innocent and loving. I wish I could meet him.
Michael
Oct 31, 2010 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
A touching biography of Kim Peek, on whom the "Rain Man" character was based, written by his father. Kim's mental powers were astounding. May he rest in peace.
Momma Fish
Feb 09, 2008 Momma Fish rated it really liked it
This was good, and especially intresting to me because I met the REAL rainman. He has a unique spirit.
saeid babakhani
Aug 31, 2007 saeid babakhani rated it it was amazing
goods...
Chaoticreader
Chaoticreader marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Andy Chaput
Andy Chaput marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Pattie
Pattie marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Bradley Wind
Bradley Wind rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Mustafa
Mustafa marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Damian Preston
Damian Preston rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Juman Akel
Juman Akel marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Nadavyhiali
Nadavyhiali marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Christina Nessler
Christina Nessler marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Tyler Alt
Tyler Alt marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Sahnoune
Sahnoune marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Scott Evers
Scott Evers marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Samuel Stoica
Samuel Stoica rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2015
Margaret D. Rubick
Margaret D. Rubick rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Fatima Alzahraa
Fatima Alzahraa rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015