I Like Bugs

I Like Bugs (Step into Reading, Step 1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Black Bugs. Green Bugs. Fat Bugs. Buggy Bugs. I like bugs! This rhyming ode to insects was originally published in The Friendly Book.
Published June 15th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I Like Bugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like Bugs

Shellee
Silly book about bugs. Uses good descriptive words and repitious. Recommend to early readers and very little ones like my toddler. Written by Marget Wise Brown who also wrote "Goodnight Moon"
Christina
This is the very first book my son ever read that he had to figure out all by himself. The illustrations keep his interest and the words are not excessively lengthy or numerous, unlike some early readers. Try this with your kid and I believe you will find success.
Wooden Horse
Aug 14, 2013 Wooden Horse rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ages: 3 - 6
Step 1 Ready to Read

From the author of Goodnight Moon and illustrator of On Earth comes this little gem, I Like Bugs. It's not all that scientific and the author and illustrator don't really matter all that much. I just think it's silly when they promote anything M.W.B. does based on her best selling book.

Simple rhymes with one sentence per page and plenty of pictoral cues for the beginning reader.
Kimberly
Very good for Kindergarten, young readers. Has color words and words easily referenced by pictures readily available to the reader.
Kristy Breese
What? The Narrator of this book likes bugs. It shows children that bugs come in all different sizes and colors and they live all around us. They live outside and inside. Some bugs are friendly and some are scary.

So What? This means that children can have fun with bugs. Children will enjoy reading and looking at the illustrations of this book.

Now What? This book will be good for the struggling reader. This book can be in the classroom library during an insect thematic unit. Students will enjoy r...more
I'm continuing to teach my son to read and this book is absolutely fabulous. A few tricky words but a lot of repetition and completely engaging for his level. It's also the perfect length so in the early learning stages he doesn't get too tired. Excellent learning and confidence building book.
Megan Sutherland
This is a perfect book for children to read to learn more about rhyming, colors, descriptive words, and bugs. Great pictures for the students to look at while reading the book.
Shawna Vanhoorik
This is one of the best books for beginning readers. My daughter loved to read this book over and over because it's simple and had a repeating theme. Great book for ages 5 and up.
Lita
This is a book about the different colors and shapes of bugs. It is of a very easy reading level, so children in first grade could use this book to learn about bugs.
Dolly
Sep 16, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, 2010, rhyming
This is an easy reader for young children. The fun and colorful illustrations and simple narrative will encourage even the most hesitant reader.
Kirei
May 06, 2008 Kirei rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers/preschoolers
Shelves: younger-kids
By the author of Goodnight Moon, this book shows why Margaret Wise Brown is the master of simple stories for kids! Teaches adjectives.
Libby
I just can't give a decent rating to a book that shows three Bumble bees jumping of a flower and chasing a kid playing.
Bethany
Great book to explore bugs and insects.

Grades: Pre-K - 3
Topics: Insects, bugs
Liz Lindsay
A excellent reader for kids just starting to read.
Janice
Good book for children needing lots of visual support.
Kate Hastings
A book about wonderful bugs big and small.
Apr 10, 2008 Sarah added it
This book teached me alot about bugs
Melissa
Great for beginning readers.
Margaret
Stacy
Stacy added it
Sep 17, 2014
Becca'sChild
Becca'sChild marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Gloria Godinez
Gloria Godinez marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Julia
Julia added it
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Oliver
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)
  • Pumpkin Eye
  • Fancy Nancy and the Boy from Paris
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Pinkalicious: School Rules!
  • Beatrice Doesn't Want To
  • Bravest Dog Ever: Story of Balto
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p...more
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book)