Start by marking “I Like Bugs” as Want to Read:
I Like Bugs

I Like Bugs (Step into Reading, Step 1)

Black Bugs. Green Bugs. Fat Bugs. Buggy Bugs. I like bugs!

It's time for YOU! Pick your favorite spot to read. This is going to be a great book!
Published June 15th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I Like Bugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like Bugs

Shellee
Jun 01, 2010 Shellee rated it liked it
Silly book about bugs. Uses good descriptive words and repitious. Recommend to early readers and very little ones like my toddler. Written by Marget Wise Brown who also wrote "Goodnight Moon"
Christina
Sep 15, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
This is the very first book my son ever read that he had to figure out all by himself. The illustrations keep his interest and the words are not excessively lengthy or numerous, unlike some early readers. Try this with your kid and I believe you will find success.
Lita
Dec 05, 2010 Lita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-books
This is a book about the different colors and shapes of bugs. It is of a very easy reading level, so children in first grade could use this book to learn about bugs.
Kevin Huot
Dec 04, 2016 Kevin Huot rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
This book is about the different types of bugs that exist. I enjoyed this book for its simplicity and I would use this book in a classroom to teach younger children about bugs.
Haley Hoenke
#reading
Wooden Horse
May 04, 2011 Wooden Horse rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages: 3 - 6
Step 1 Ready to Read

From the author of Goodnight Moon and illustrator of On Earth comes this little gem, I Like Bugs. It's not all that scientific and the author and illustrator don't really matter all that much. I just think it's silly when they promote anything M.W.B. does based on her best selling book.

Simple rhymes with one sentence per page and plenty of pictoral cues for the beginning reader.
Kristy Breese
What? The Narrator of this book likes bugs. It shows children that bugs come in all different sizes and colors and they live all around us. They live outside and inside. Some bugs are friendly and some are scary.

So What? This means that children can have fun with bugs. Children will enjoy reading and looking at the illustrations of this book.

Now What? This book will be good for the struggling reader. This book can be in the classroom library during an insect thematic unit. Students will enjoy r
Diana Thomsen
Apr 14, 2016 Diana Thomsen rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Read this one to go along with my storytime about bugs. I don't like bugs, so I always feel like a bit of a fraud when I read books like this one. :) Still, it's a cute little book, and the kids did enjoy it.
Apr 22, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
I'm continuing to teach my son to read and this book is absolutely fabulous. A few tricky words but a lot of repetition and completely engaging for his level. It's also the perfect length so in the early learning stages he doesn't get too tired. Excellent learning and confidence building book.
Jenna
Oct 02, 2015 Jenna rated it really liked it
The author of this story helps introduce younger children (pre-k through Kindergarten) the concept of rhyming and rhythm words and picture clues. Children of these ages would love to read about bugs because of their fascinations at that age.
Katie Fitzgerald
Aug 02, 2013 Katie Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
Read at Toddler Lap Time on 8/2/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Bailey
May 25, 2016 Bailey rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book because it is about bugs. I liked it because I learned about bug shaped and patterns.
I learned about different kinds of bugs.
Liam
BR-Bro
Melissa
Oct 01, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-or-teens
Great for beginning readers.
Mar 12, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, kidlit
Cute book for early readers.
Danette
Jul 24, 2016 Danette rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Read with Naomi and Julia.
Megan Sutherland
This is a perfect book for children to read to learn more about rhyming, colors, descriptive words, and bugs. Great pictures for the students to look at while reading the book.
Apr 10, 2008 Sarah added it
This book teached me alot about bugs
Bethany
Jan 30, 2013 Bethany rated it really liked it
Great book to explore bugs and insects.

Grades: Pre-K - 3
Topics: Insects, bugs
Janice
Feb 07, 2011 Janice rated it liked it
Shelves: i-can-read
Good book for children needing lots of visual support.
Libby
Jun 17, 2013 Libby rated it it was ok
I just can't give a decent rating to a book that shows three Bumble bees jumping of a flower and chasing a kid playing.
Margaret
Apr 17, 2009 Margaret rated it it was ok
I don't like bugs!
Dolly
Sep 16, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, 2010, rhyming
This is an easy reader for young children. The fun and colorful illustrations and simple narrative will encourage even the most hesitant reader.
Kimberly
Feb 05, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Very good for Kindergarten, young readers. Has color words and words easily referenced by pictures readily available to the reader.
Margo Dunagan
Jun 08, 2016 Margo Dunagan rated it liked it
Fun book about bugs. Excellent book for begging readers.
Liz Lindsay
Jul 13, 2013 Liz Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-kids
A excellent reader for kids just starting to read.
ABC
May 06, 2008 ABC rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers/preschoolers
Shelves: younger-kids
By the author of Goodnight Moon, this book shows why Margaret Wise Brown is the master of simple stories for kids! Teaches adjectives.
Lucas
DRA: 1
Guided Reading: A
Shawna Vanhoorik
Apr 27, 2013 Shawna Vanhoorik rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books for beginning readers. My daughter loved to read this book over and over because it's simple and had a repeating theme. Great book for ages 5 and up.
  • Hot Dog
  • Mouse Makes Words: A Phonics Reader
  • Chimps Don't Wear Glasses
  • Buzz Said the Bee
  • Disney's Little Mermaid: Sealed With a Kiss
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Bear, Small Bear (Step into Reading)
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Dancing Dinos Go to School
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Best Dad in the Sea (Finding Nemo Step into Reading, Step 1)
  • Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends: Step Into Reading)
  • Dinosaur Days
  • May I Please Have a Cookie?
  • Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles
  • Mittens
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Library Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Driving Buddies (Step into Reading)
  • I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie) (Step into Reading)
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p
More about Margaret Wise Brown...

Step into Reading, Step 1 (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Sleepy Dog (Step into Reading)
  • Big Egg
  • The Snowball (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Bear Hugs
  • Hot Dog
  • Sunshine, Moonshine
  • Cat Traps (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Wheels!
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)
  • Jungle Friends (Disney Jungle Book)