Start by marking “I Like Stars” as Want to Read:
I Like Stars

I Like Stars (Step into Reading, Step 1)

I like stars. Blue stars. Far stars. Shooting stars. I like stars!
Published July 15th 1998 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I Like Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like Stars

Cat Days by Alexa AndrewsSam and the Bag by Alison JeffriesA Big Surprise by Kristi T. ButlerThe Hat by Holly KellerDragon Egg by Mallory Loehr
Guided Reading Level B
6th out of 20 books — 1 voter
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise BrownMy World by Margaret Wise BrownBig Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
Best of Margaret Wise Brown
69th out of 101 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Leigh
Oct 05, 2016 Leigh rated it liked it
This is a good book for kids who start reading.

David
Mar 20, 2013 David rated it liked it
I Like Stars (Step into Reading, Step 1) by Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by Joan Paley is an easy reader about the many kinds of stars there are to like. I read the board book version. Apparently this was originally part of The Friendly Book that was published in 1954 by Golden Books.

Paley's bright, colorful illustrations match Brown's simple text well. Rabbit, frog, bird, and mouse are featured. My favorite images are through window, green, four colors, and last page.

Using 24 words and some
Martin Kurniadi
Nov 16, 2014 Martin Kurniadi rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, graphic
It is a quickie book that makes you want to go out to the balcony and look at the stars.

This book opens up the child in me again, and in this book I could see the Margaret's happiness when she was out on that night, looking at the stars; I was taken aback to become a child again.

I really like this book, for it encourages me to dream, to know that out there, there are still stars looking at you, cares for you, and knows that even if you are alone, they are there for you.
And no matter how differe
Rbettermann
I Like Stars is a beautifully illustrated beginners book. The illustration is by Joan Paley and her use in colors and arrangement is calming and inviting. I would use this as a picture book and introduce a few vocabulary words to accompany it. I could incorporate this book along with a science lesson as an added activity.
Stephanie Buck
Feb 05, 2012 Stephanie Buck rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet little book! The simplicity of it allows small children to participate easily, yet it still captures their imagination. My favorite phrase is, "shining right straight in your eye."

I like stars!
Karin
Jul 28, 2011 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, kindle
My granddaughters love these early reader books,they love to read them on the PC KINDLE ap,the colours of the illustrations are really good and for some reason they can follow the story much easier than in a regular book,we are hooked!
Sarah(All The Book Blog Names Are Taken)
My little one loves finding stars everywhere so I'm glad we stumbled upon this one at the library today. She is two, so the very simple text was great for her and also made a fast read. We counted the stars, found different colors, and read the text many times. Great for little ones!
jacky
Jul 02, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Took this out thinking we might read it after Natalie's Twilight Turtle arrived, but we never did. We took out a board book edition. It was a nice poem and pleasant illustrations, but did not have that special something for me.
Joni
By Margaret Wise Brown. Josh says I like stars, too. Most of the star colors are real. The only star color that is not real is green.
Shannon
May 25, 2013 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
The text is great, the art is blah. Is this a reillustration of an older edition? If so, I'd like to see that one.
DrosoPHila
Apr 04, 2016 DrosoPHila rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, children-s
For best effect read with a Manchester accent a la Brian Cox.
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Roman Rose
Roman Rose rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Pghgranola
Pghgranola rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2009
Alexandra Chauran
Jul 18, 2013 Alexandra Chauran rated it it was ok
This one doesn't translate well to the Kindle for kids.
Sharon H
Sharon H rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2009
TXWS
TXWS rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2012
JENNIFER
JENNIFER rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Alexandra Hearn
Alexandra Hearn rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Melissa
Jul 11, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Beginning reader book
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Lysslyss
Lysslyss rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2008
Bob Seamon
Bob Seamon rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Sandy Still
Sandy Still rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Gregory Napp
Gregory Napp rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Lisa Durff
Lisa Durff rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Hot Dog
  • Mouse Makes Words: A Phonics Reader
  • The Berenstain Bears' Big Bear, Small Bear
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • A Pony for a Princess (Disney Princess)
  • Mittens
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat (I Can Read Level 1)
  • Bats
  • George Washington and the General's Dog
  • Little Green
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Big Max
  • Look for the Lorax
  • Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles
  • Sleepy Dog
  • "What is That?" Said the Cat (Hello Reader, Level 1)
  • Merry Christmas, Little Critter!
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p
More about Margaret Wise Brown...

Step into Reading, Step 1 (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Big Egg
  • The Snowball (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Bear Hugs
  • Hot Dog
  • I Like Bugs
  • Sunshine, Moonshine
  • Cat Traps (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Wheels!
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)