Start by marking “Guy Wire” as Want to Read:
Guy Wire

Guy Wire (Misadventures of Guy Strang #4)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Guy can't imagine life without his best friend, Buzz. They've been inseparable since second grade, when fate tossed them together with a little help from a bad haircut, green boxer shorts, flying rice cakes, and a couple of hard-earned nicknames. So when an accident threatens to tear them apart, Guy finds himself clinging to precious memories of the friendship he'd wished ...more
Published October 15th 2002 by Harpercoll (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Guy Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guy Wire

Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Buzz was hit by a car in the first chapter, I was shocked. Up until that point the dialog had been quick and witty. Yet, even though tragedy strikes early in this book, the feel of the book is still quite light-hearted. Yes, Guy is worried about his friend, but most of the story takes place years in the past during second grade when the boys first met.

I was quite impressed with the character development in this story and pleased with the pacing. Sarah Weeks does a fantastic job of telling
Katie
Mar 31, 2014 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-kids
Guy Wire was actually much more amusing and more thoughtful than I expected. Guy's best friend Buzz gets his by a car in the first chapter. While Guy and his readers sit around the hospital wondering if he will make it we learn about the rocky beginning to a fast friendship. A bad haircut, a crazy mom, shrubbery costumes, birthday wishes and rice cakes are the catalysts in this surprisingly sweet friend story. An unfortunately dorky cover will make this a hard sell to the modern crowd, but some ...more
Sarah Sammis
Aug 25, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
Guy Wire by Sarah Weeks is the fourth book in the Guy Strang series. It's a prequel framed by Buzz being in the hospital after he's hit by a car.

The flashback explains how Guy and Buzz met and became friends. Although I wanted more of Guy and his current family drama, I warmed to the book as the two boys became friends.

As it turns out I haven't managed to read any of the books in the series in order. Fortunately the books stand alone fairly well, and this one does that the best of all of them.

I
Cookies Palmer
Mar 14, 2014 Cookies Palmer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guy-wire
that when buzz gets hit their relationship tears apart and guy needs new friends now
Jessica
Jun 07, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-read-again
guy wire buzz and guy are freiands and guy tells buzz (proupar to die) and buzz rides his bike around the coner and bam.

if you want to find out more read guy wire.
Adam
Dec 30, 2008 Adam rated it liked it
Sella Malin
Feb 20, 2008 Sella Malin rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone
this series is interesting to read, although I wouldn't call it an amazing book. i liked this one the best; it was a sweet story.
Anairis
Love this story. The best kid story I've ever read.
Madyson
Nov 29, 2008 Madyson rated it it was amazing
ilearned that this book is very good
Joanne Roberts
Joanne Roberts marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 23, 2015
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Meca Wilson-richards
Meca Wilson-richards marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Alexander
Alexander rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014
Gina
Gina added it
Aug 13, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Silvia
Silvia added it
Jul 27, 2013
Liat
Liat marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Julie Brooks
Julie Brooks marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
One
One rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Chesney
Chesney rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2012
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...

Misadventures of Guy Strang (4 books)
  • My Guy