Start by marking “A Box Of White Chocolate” as Want to Read:
A Box Of White Chocolate

A Box Of White Chocolate

An African-American woman, whose dating mantra is nothing but a black man will do, faces a huge dilemma when she meets the man of her dreams, who turns out to be white. Original.
Published February 1st 2008 by Urban Soul

To ask other readers questions about A Box Of White Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Box Of White Chocolate

Jazzypom
Jul 12, 2008 Jazzypom rated it liked it
Recommends it for: AA women who have issues with IR.

Bailey Gentry is an African American woman who should have it all: she's a family lawyer, overcame a not so perfect childhood to achieve her dreams and has a best friend. Gentry only has one problem: she wants to settle down, have kids... but only with a black man. Of course, this is better said than done, since most of the 'brothas' that she's come across in her quest are well... trifling. They tend not to be gainfully employed, or live with their mothers, or just out of jail, or doing drugs.
Shawnette
Jan 16, 2008 Shawnette rated it it was ok
Lackluster Debut

"A Box of White Chocolate", is the debut novel by Mr. Daamon Speller, and I purchased this novel because of the catchy title and the intriguing synopsis, unfortunately, it didn’t meet my expectations. It is just an okay read. I thought the storyline had great potential, and the main character definitely had some deep issues, but I don’t think the author pulled it together effectively. Bailey Gentry’s witty dialogue and sometimes hilarious antics although, entertaining just wasn’
Vacirca Vaughn
Sep 01, 2010 Vacirca Vaughn rated it did not like it
Two words: Don't Bother.

It took me a long time to finish this work--six days is long for such a short work for me. However, I refused to put it down because I must finish everything I pick up to read.

I am not going to say I hated it because that's just not right. I am going to say wow, kudos to Mr. Speller for even getting published in the first place. I am not a hater and I will say that with this novel, the author is one up on me. Still, I am amazed.

It wasn't my cup of tea. Of course, I am on
T
Jul 30, 2010 T rated it it was amazing
Wow! Enjoyed this book. The lead character Bailey reminds me of other women who want a man but has what Rex calls "got-to-be-itis". Sometimes what we are looking for is right in front of us but because the package may be different we miss it. This is definately a keeper for my shelf.
Sachki
Jun 07, 2009 Sachki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
this was a good book about interacial romance and the hang up that alot of people face no matter what. i learned that u should never miss your chance to love no matter what the outside package looks like. think with your heart and not your eyes.
Theresa
May 27, 2008 Theresa rated it really liked it
This book talks about Bailey, how she started dating outside her race. Guess what happens! whops i'm not telling read the book and you will find out. The book is good.
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2008
TR
TR rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Mya
Mya rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2010
Trese
Trese rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2011
Mel
Mel rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2011
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2009
Shalawn
Shalawn rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Lyrical
Lyrical rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
JoVan
JoVan rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2010
Marcella
Marcella rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Anndee40
Anndee40 rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2012
Deniseskelton
Deniseskelton rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2014
Bre
Bre rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Felicia Redmon
Felicia Redmon rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Bibliophile
Bibliophile rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2011
Kai
Kai rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Charmaine Messer
Charmaine Messer rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Lisa Cooks
Lisa Cooks rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Ivy Nichole
Ivy Nichole rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Charlisa Tyler
Charlisa Tyler rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2010
Cocodevine
Cocodevine rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2012
Suzette
Suzette rated it really liked it
May 08, 2009
1062048
Daamon Speller is a former contributing writer for the lifestyle magazines Today's Black woman, Upscale, Heart & Soul, and the Baltimore Sun newspaper. He currently is the author of three novels, and enjoys writing stories with a particular affinity toward the multicultural, 40-and-over audience.
More about Daamon Speller...