Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Triology, #1)

Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Trilogy #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,692 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Welcome to 1839 Tucker Mills, Massachusetts! Can Jace simultaneosly manage a new job, romance---and his interfering sister? As indentured servant Reese works toward her liberty, should she keep her heart free? And when widowed Dannan takes over his uncle's medical practice, will single fatherhood be too big a pill to swallow? 3-Volume Set includes: Moonlight on the Millpon...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

Beth F.
May 31, 2010 Beth F. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks who are already convinced that alcohol is super wrong and, like, sinful and stuff
Recommended to Beth F. by: Sheila
The beginning of this book was confusing.

For the most part, the entire book is written in short segments that range from a couple of paragraphs in length up to an entire page. Occasionally some would clock in at 1.5 to 3 pages in length before switching to the next group of characters and/or settings which was distinguished with a curlicue-thing. In fact it wasn't uncommon for 2-4 curlicues to appear on each double page spread. That's a heck of a lot of head hopping.

There were 8 key characters....more
Diane
Since I am a fan of christian historical romance fiction, this was a very good, quick read for me. It is facinating to "watch" as people find out how good their lives can be when they invite God to be the center of their lives. This journey for Jace and Maddie, and even Jace's sister Eden, to find God and to discover on their own a faith in Him, is wonderful. The storyline has had a few twists that even I was not ready for, so it was a great surprise and a joy to read.
Joanie Bruce
I love all of Lori Wick’s books, and this one was no exception. However, I don’t believe this is one of my favorites

What I liked: I loved the small town setting and the insight into what life was like in the “western days.” I also liked the natural questions Maddie asked about spiritual things. She had never been taught that heaven existed or how to prepare for death, and her pastor talked around the answers, never satisfying her hunger. The natural progression of her doubts were believable and...more
Andrea
I wasn't very impressed with the author's ability to keep things clear at the beginning of the story. There are several people/families that the story is switching back and forth between. There wasn't enough lead up or information on the characters initially. I kept wondering who was who.

After I got past that, I enjoyed the overall story. A romance that highlights the importance communication plays in relationships. Nice reminder about how easy it can be to misunderstand, and how we need to kee...more
Judy
This book is a love story between Jace and Maddie. Unfortunately, his sister tries to break them apart as she feels she knows what is best for her brother. After a time Jace has a visit from his sister, and she is very different. She shares an amazing testimony about the L-rd and how she experienced His love and love from other believers. Great book for everyone, especially those questioning if G-d is real.

This book kept my interest and touched my heart in a way a book hasn't in awhile. Looking...more
Melissa
This was an interesting Wick book to read...different than her others in that both of the main characters were not 'saved' as they usually are in her books. It made for a little deeper characters, more growth through the book.
Barbara
This book is very confusing, with too many characters that the author can't always define and describe clearly. I know that Jace and Maddie are the romantic leads, destined to be together. Eden is Jace's older sister, who tells a terrible lie that separates Jace and Maddie. However, Eden eventually converts to Christianity and repents of her actions by apologizing to Jace and helping to undo the damage her lie did to both Jace and Maddie.

There are characters named Doyle, Woody, and Cathi, but t...more
Monkeyface
Listened to Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Trilogy #1)by Lori Wick. Jace Randall leaves his childhood home to help his Uncle Woody Randall run the saw mill in Token Creek. Jace diligently focuses on work until he meets the visiting niece of local storekeepers. Jace pursues her until she finally agrees to attend a picnic with him and take a chance. But before the relationship has a strong foundation, the couple separates because of gossip fueled by Jace's sister. Later, when she admits h...more
Jody
Apparently the Tucker Mills Trilogy is something that you have to read all the books if you want to know if Maddie and Jace find the answers to their religious questions.

I had a lot of trouble getting into this book. It start the prologue with no names or anything really and then jumped into the story. You would read maybe a page or page and a half if lucky and there would be a symbol/paragraph break and it would switch character perspective.
After got into the story I really want to know what ha...more
Alissacurrier116
This was the best book I have ever read!
Kathleen
The reviews for this book weren't amazing but I still loved it just as much as some of Karen Kingsbury's books. it was fun and captivating. i thought the words were spiritual without being too pushy. and the romance was pure and easy.
Sadi
I love the story of Jace Randall. I love how he falls in love with Maddie Shepard. I just love the book. This was the first book I read by Lori Wick, and I have loved her ever since. This book was very scintillating. I loved this romance story. I dont like how Eden treated Jace. I do like how Jace treated Maddie for the most part. I love Jace and Maddies relationship. It is a good one and they learn to love each other.
Judine
This is the beginning of the Tucker Mills trilogy, and the start is promising. I like the fact that Wick is taking her time to establish the characters and what's leading them to Christ, but doesn't try to ram the conversion into this book right away. Now we can see their relationship with God progress as the books continue.
Hazel McHaffie
I picked this up at a Wesley Owen sale. Lori Wick is billed as 'one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers in the market today'. Sadly I didn't find it well written; the Christian bit was too contrived and it raised more negative than positive thoughts.
This was my first Lori Wick book. A bunch of my friends like her, so I picked this one up. It was fantastic! Good stories without being to "preachy" as some Christian fiction can get... Can't wait to read book 2.
Dawn Michelle
Sep 24, 2007 Dawn Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This was a really good series! I haven't read the last one yet, but it is on my list!!! LOL
This one was a little hard to get into at first, but then it picked up and was really good. I really enjoyed it!
Hillary
This has been my favorite Lori Wick book and I actually really enjoyed it. It's a cute story. If you like reading romance novels, you'd probley enjoy this book.
Connie
Fast read. Set in the 1800's. Left me wanting to read more about the characters. Looking forward to book two in the series.
Leslie
Can't believe I actually read the whole thing. Not well wrtitten and never resolved issues or had much conclusion.
Grace
THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!! It's a true fight for true love, a man chasing a woman, a fight for understanding.
Kristen
Based in 1830. About young couple who meet but have different issues on trust. I enjoyed it.
Mary
So far I like it-but there are many characters introduced in the first few pages!
Jenny
Not too bad some of her books are getting to be pretty sappy this one wasn't too bad.
David
It did burn 900 miles to Minneapolis and back, and my wife liked it. Feh.
Tessa Nelson
Good book. Always enjoy this era. Also enjoyed the Christian perspective.
Marie
Lori Wick is one of my favorite authors...this is another great book.
Jen
Did not hold my attention, could not finish the book, based in 1800s
Erika
Interesting, certainly different from her other novels...
Partridge Public
Nov 09, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: Wick INSP
Shelves: inspirational
Wick, Lori PB
Theresa
Lori Wick continues to be a wonder.
  • Whispers of Winter (Alaskan Quest, #3)
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • A Quiet Strength (A Prairie Legacy, #3)
  • English Ivy (English Ivy #1)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • It Had to Be You
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Highland Legacy: Four Generations of Love Are Rooted in Scotland
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)