Start by marking “Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Triology, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Triology, #1)

Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Trilogy #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,939 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Welcome to 1839 Tucker Mills, Massachusetts! Can Jace simultaneosly manage a new job, romance---and his interfering sister? As indentured servant Reese works toward her liberty, should she keep her heart free? And when widowed Dannan takes over his uncle's medical practice, will single fatherhood be too big a pill to swallow? 3-Volume Set includes: Moonlight on the Millpon ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight on the Millpond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight on the Millpond

Beth F.
May 31, 2010 Beth F. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: folks who are already convinced that alcohol is super wrong and, like, sinful and stuff
Recommended to Beth F. by: Sheila
The beginning of this book was confusing.

For the most part, the entire book is written in short segments that range from a couple of paragraphs in length up to an entire page. Occasionally some would clock in at 1.5 to 3 pages in length before switching to the next group of characters and/or settings which was distinguished with a curlicue-thing. In fact it wasn't uncommon for 2-4 curlicues to appear on each double page spread. That's a heck of a lot of head hopping.

There were 8 key characters.
Diane
Since I am a fan of christian historical romance fiction, this was a very good, quick read for me. It is facinating to "watch" as people find out how good their lives can be when they invite God to be the center of their lives. This journey for Jace and Maddie, and even Jace's sister Eden, to find God and to discover on their own a faith in Him, is wonderful. The storyline has had a few twists that even I was not ready for, so it was a great surprise and a joy to read.
Joanie Bruce
I love all of Lori Wick’s books, and this one was no exception. However, I don’t believe this is one of my favorites

What I liked: I loved the small town setting and the insight into what life was like in the “western days.” I also liked the natural questions Maddie asked about spiritual things. She had never been taught that heaven existed or how to prepare for death, and her pastor talked around the answers, never satisfying her hunger. The natural progression of her doubts were believable and
Andrea
I wasn't very impressed with the author's ability to keep things clear at the beginning of the story. There are several people/families that the story is switching back and forth between. There wasn't enough lead up or information on the characters initially. I kept wondering who was who.

After I got past that, I enjoyed the overall story. A romance that highlights the importance communication plays in relationships. Nice reminder about how easy it can be to misunderstand, and how we need to kee
Cheryl
Way too much Christians judging other Christians as going to hell because they have different beliefs. blech

The main characters weren't terribly likeable either, especially Maddie. And come one, two glasses of champagne is not going to make anyone black out and forget what they did that night. Has the author ever drank alcohol or did she just want to write something that would serve as a warning to its evils? Ridiculous!

Didn't like this one at all.
Judy
This book is a love story between Jace and Maddie. Unfortunately, his sister tries to break them apart as she feels she knows what is best for her brother. After a time Jace has a visit from his sister, and she is very different. She shares an amazing testimony about the L-rd and how she experienced His love and love from other believers. Great book for everyone, especially those questioning if G-d is real.

This book kept my interest and touched my heart in a way a book hasn't in awhile. Looking
Susan Hatch
I rated this book pretty high, not because it was extraordinary but because of the truths that snuck in periodically. The truths that spoke to my heart in vocabulary that I might not normally use. And that being said, I continued on to read all the books in this trilogy.

We read this as a book club offering this month and had some good discussion on it. One member said she didn't relate to the one character, Jace's sister Eden. But when I told her about this women I know, and regaled the group wi
LadyCalico
What a disappointing story! I enjoyed the first 3/4 of it, although Maddie's neurotic push/pull tended to grate on my nerves. Then the story degenerated into a ridiculous pile of crap! What happened? That forgotten wedding idiocy has to be the most absurd plot twist ever devised to ruin a book. The flow of the story was rather awkward and choppy to begin with but once the crazy started, it got really skitty-skatty. There were a lot of the peripheral subplots many of which ended up being just bun ...more
Melissa
This was an interesting Wick book to read...different than her others in that both of the main characters were not 'saved' as they usually are in her books. It made for a little deeper characters, more growth through the book.
Cherie Kasper
Lori Wick's writing, for me, has that calm, quiet, laid-back quality. This book is laced with romance and faith, weaving their way throughout the whole story.
Two people, Jace Randall and Maddie Shepard collide head on into a relationship that has many up and down points. Throughout the whole story you never know which way either one of them are going until Lori brings it all to a conclusion, which means, you have to read to the very last page to see what is finally going to happen. The story tak
Megan
It was hard to follow the beginning of the story, especially with the onslaught of character introductions. I also thought the story wrapping up only to find it continuing in increasingly frustrating ways. The story certainly lost its pace and floundered near the middle/end. Maddy's frustrated search for religion was underdeveloped. While grounded in her parents death it was never strongly established. Then ending the story with him teaching her how to swim was idiotic. I know it addressed her f ...more
Barbara
This book is very confusing, with too many characters that the author can't always define and describe clearly. I know that Jace and Maddie are the romantic leads, destined to be together. Eden is Jace's older sister, who tells a terrible lie that separates Jace and Maddie. However, Eden eventually converts to Christianity and repents of her actions by apologizing to Jace and helping to undo the damage her lie did to both Jace and Maddie.

There are characters named Doyle, Woody, and Cathi, but t
Monkeyface
Listened to Moonlight on the Millpond (Tucker Mills Trilogy #1)by Lori Wick. Jace Randall leaves his childhood home to help his Uncle Woody Randall run the saw mill in Token Creek. Jace diligently focuses on work until he meets the visiting niece of local storekeepers. Jace pursues her until she finally agrees to attend a picnic with him and take a chance. But before the relationship has a strong foundation, the couple separates because of gossip fueled by Jace's sister. Later, when she admits h ...more
Cathy Haug
I enjoyed Moonlight on Millpond. A young woman's structural to find faith and to adjust to a new marriage.
Jody
Apparently the Tucker Mills Trilogy is something that you have to read all the books if you want to know if Maddie and Jace find the answers to their religious questions.

I had a lot of trouble getting into this book. It start the prologue with no names or anything really and then jumped into the story. You would read maybe a page or page and a half if lucky and there would be a symbol/paragraph break and it would switch character perspective.
After got into the story I really want to know what ha
Barbara
How odd to be reading along and suddenly the story ends. Hopefully part two picks up right there. Gentle, nice characters.
Alissacurrier116
This was the best book I have ever read!
Renetta Herron
Well written story 4 stars
Kathleen
The reviews for this book weren't amazing but I still loved it just as much as some of Karen Kingsbury's books. it was fun and captivating. i thought the words were spiritual without being too pushy. and the romance was pure and easy.
Sadi
I love the story of Jace Randall. I love how he falls in love with Maddie Shepard. I just love the book. This was the first book I read by Lori Wick, and I have loved her ever since. This book was very scintillating. I loved this romance story. I dont like how Eden treated Jace. I do like how Jace treated Maddie for the most part. I love Jace and Maddies relationship. It is a good one and they learn to love each other.
Judine
This is the beginning of the Tucker Mills trilogy, and the start is promising. I like the fact that Wick is taking her time to establish the characters and what's leading them to Christ, but doesn't try to ram the conversion into this book right away. Now we can see their relationship with God progress as the books continue.
Rachel
I really enjoyed this series of historical Christian romance novels. They were well written, and the characters were brilliantly done. The only sad thing was that I wanted more stories about the people after the third one was over; the short epilogue just wasn't enough for me.
Hazel McHaffie
I picked this up at a Wesley Owen sale. Lori Wick is billed as 'one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers in the market today'. Sadly I didn't find it well written; the Christian bit was too contrived and it raised more negative than positive thoughts.
This was my first Lori Wick book. A bunch of my friends like her, so I picked this one up. It was fantastic! Good stories without being to "preachy" as some Christian fiction can get... Can't wait to read book 2.
Dawn Michelle
Sep 24, 2007 Dawn Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This was a really good series! I haven't read the last one yet, but it is on my list!!! LOL
This one was a little hard to get into at first, but then it picked up and was really good. I really enjoyed it!
Hillary
This has been my favorite Lori Wick book and I actually really enjoyed it. It's a cute story. If you like reading romance novels, you'd probley enjoy this book.
Connie
Fast read. Set in the 1800's. Left me wanting to read more about the characters. Looking forward to book two in the series.
Leslie
Can't believe I actually read the whole thing. Not well wrtitten and never resolved issues or had much conclusion.
Grace
THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!! It's a true fight for true love, a man chasing a woman, a fight for understanding.
Kristen
Based in 1830. About young couple who meet but have different issues on trust. I enjoyed it.
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided/Alas My Love/If Only/Five Geese Flying (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • The Maverick (Men of the Saddle #3)
  • A Quiet Strength (A Prairie Legacy, #3)
  • The Jewel of Gresham Green (Gresham Chronicles #4)
  • Brides O' the Emerald Isle
  • It Had to Be You
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...

Tucker Mills Trilogy (3 books)
  • Just Above a Whisper (Tuckers Mill Triology, #2)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills Trilogy, #3)
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)