Start by marking “Wolverine: Origins Vol. 4: Our War” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: Origins Vol. 4: Our War

Wolverine: Origins Vol. 4: Our War (Wolverine: Origins #4)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Wolverine's history with Captain America revealed In the early days of WWII, before America's "official" involvement in the war, Captain America, still wet behind the ears, embarked on a clandestine mission to the island nation of Madripoor. Guess who he met there? And guess what? It wasn't a coincidence. Wolverine: Origins #16-20 and Annual #1.
Published February 27th 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Anne

Probably would have rated it a bit higher, but the art really took something away from the story. At one point, I looked at Logan...and he had @$#!ing buckteeth . Why would you do that to the guy? I mean, he's already short! Now he needs braces, too?

The story itself was pretty good, though.

Just close your eyes and imagine a different artist...
Chompa
I'd read the individual issues a while back, but my son got this from the library and I reread it this morning. I really enjoyed this despite the liberties that Way took with the characters.

As is often the case, the characters overlap and connect in ways that are kind of over the top and at times contradict. In this case Logan and Cap meet in Madripoor in 1941, but later on he says he's been fighting with the Canadian forces in Europe since 1939. Bucky is a hard-ass intelligence agent and much
Adam
I would have liked this more if a different artist had been involved. Steve Dillon's figures and compositions are really stiff, and all of his characters' faces look exactly the same. It's like Mr. Potato Head, where you stick different wigs, mustaches, and masks on the same model.
Brent
I always love Steve Dillon's art, and this is no exception.
This is a set of stories, mostly told in flashback, to a early adventure with Captain America, Bucky, Nick Fury, and the Black Widow. It's ok, but the storytelling and comic art is great.
Then there is a final story with art by Kaare Andrews, which is quite different in tone, though mostly successful on its own. I have mixed feelings about Andrews' art... It seems different every time, depending on the story. This one is just ok.

Mildly r
J.
I didn't think this book was quite as good as the previous volumes. Here, the main plotline runs against the death of Steve Rogers, so we go chasing Cap, Bucky, Fury, and Wolverine around WWII for a while. The discussion between Nick Fury and Captain America about the shield is completely priceless, though, and will remain one of my favorite comic-book moments.

Also: this book is collected in a strange order. The Annual at the end clearly goes somewhere between issue 1 and 4. I think between chap
B. Jay
The art and story struggle to make this "revisionist" story of Logan and Cap's first meeting entertaining, but ultimately fall short. Stories like this are all too predictable despite the twists forced onto the characters. The real suprise here is Bucky. The cover and other splash pages hint at a hardened edge of this pansy little character who turned Captain America into such a sop for so many years. The authors truly deliver- I've never seen (even in these Watchmen-esque retoolings) someone in ...more
Ivy
Liked it a lot.
Karla
Just what was going on with Captain America and his buddy Bucky during World War II? What part did Wolverine play in this patriotic, Nazi-killing mission? And just what is going on between Captain America and Bucky, anyway?

Readers of this compilation will enjoy stellar art, storytelling and intrigue. I was left wanting much more...
Ernest
There should have been much to like about the volume-three interesting and longstanding Marvel 616 characters and a look into their history which could impact on how their chronologically later stories and relationships could be viewed. However, I did not like the art too much and the story did not really have a lasting impact on me.
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
Neat little story, even detached from the context of the rest of the Wolverine: Origins series. Two complaints, though. First, halfway through the book, Logan inexplicably switches from talking to the statue to talking to himself. Second, the art looks too "plastic" for a war story; it should have been grittier.
Jared
freakin' fantastic backstory to the 'history' of two of the most iconinc marvel characters to date. folks who've enjoyed the x-men movies....reading this series will give you a new appreciation for logan. more to him than what they ever managed to put on screen, i assure you.
Shannon Appelcline
Certainly better than the early issues. A nice integration of lots of history (though it's confusing at times). Even Dillon's art is better (though the sublime art of the annual shows what could have been).
Becky
I'm still a bit confused about Bucky. I don't know what side he was on or if he was in charge, or what was going on. But otherwise it was a good comic. Very sad. Very painful.
Michael
At first, I thought a narrative including Captain America, Bucky, and Wolverine would be lame, but this is surprisingly fresh and violent (a repeating theme for Wolverine).
Nancy
May 27, 2008 Nancy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens and over
Recommended to Nancy by: Marvel
I am a devoted die hard fan of the Wolverine. I was a bit dissapointed by the story..Captain America rocks but Even the graphics were not their usual standard.
Arturo
WWII tale, with Cap and Wolv and including Bucky showing what a bad ass he was.
The annual a tale of his past with Seraph and another teaser for Romulus.
A Book Addict (pirogoeth)
I loved how we not only learned more about Logan, but got to see early Cap, Bucky, and Nick too. Love how Nick gets ideas for the future.
Anderson Gomez
wow i love comics and this book is good and it rockes this book is good for kids who like comic books and super heros
Bitey
Haha omg Bucky wants Captain America's Babies, I think. I loved this. XD
Miloš
Story is really good, but drawings are quite lame...
Kwame Connor
Loved the Captain America back story
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
  • Civil War: Wolverine
  • Wolverine: Evolution
  • World War Hulk: X-Men
  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day, Vol. 2
Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1) Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2) Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3) Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4) Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5: Deadpool