Start by marking “Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #8)

Wedding Day Murder (Lucy Stone #8)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,056 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Already juggling four kids’ hectic schedules, a rambunctious dog, an attention-craving husband, and a full-time reporter job, Lucy Stone can’t possibly squeeze in another responsibility…or can she? When Sue Finch asks for help planning her daughter Sidra’s wedding to Internet millionaire Ron Davitz, loyal pal Lucy willingly dives into the world of white lace, roses, and ch ...more
Published June 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Day Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Day Murder

Debra
Jul 11, 2013 Debra rated it it was ok
Reporter Lucy Stone’s already busy life ramps up when her best friend, Sue, asks if her daughter’s wedding can take place in Lucy’s lovely gazebo. Although it will mean more work, Lucy’s thrilled at the prospect. She’s watched young Sidra grow up and although Sidra’s lived in New York a while, everyone’s thrilled that the wedding is at home in Tinker’s Cove. When the aloof groom and his overbearing mother arrive on a yacht, feathers quickly become ruffled as the groom’s mother commandeers the we ...more
Kim j
Nov 07, 2012 Kim j rated it liked it
Shelves: meier
This is the only book in the series that is decent and I have read about six of them. Lucy did not do any investigating at all just like the other books but this at least had a decent story. She still complained about her marriage issues and her horrible husband. I do not get that at all. What is the Lucy Stone series about because she does not investigate ever and her only contribution is complaining? I got the books cheap and I want to give it every chance but...
Dawn
Feb 22, 2017 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, series, mystery
I ended up liking this one more than I initially expected. It was another classic Lucy Stone. Whodunnit kept me guessing until just before the reveal. I do have to admit that I have a love-hate relationship with Lucy's family. though. On the one hand, the teenagers act like believable teenagers; on the other, they are really not all that likable and make me feel a little "wish I could smack them on their noggins." I also wish we'd learn what is eating Bill because he's been a grumpster for the p ...more
Laurie
Jan 29, 2017 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: leslie-meier
These books are always a welcome relief in my reading rotation. Light and humorous with a touch of seriousness at times, Lucy Stone is just your average busybody woman who lives in a small town. The continual antagonistic relationship she has with the local authorities while she is nosing around the latest murder is charming, her friends are always entertaining and reading about the trials of her busy family life is relatable. I plan on continuing this series as Meier always puts a smile on my f ...more
Tabby Kat
May 15, 2008 Tabby Kat rated it really liked it
Tinker's Cove, Maine, is the cozily evoked setting of Meier's lighthearted Lucy Stone novels, which are usually set around holidays or significant life events. Here a harried Lucy is trying to juggle children, husband and a full-time job when her best friend, Sue Finch, asks for help in planning the wedding of Sue's mother, Sidra, and Internet millionaire Ron Davitz. Lucy agrees to let the ceremony take place in her backyard gazebo. When the groom and his social-climbing mother arrive on a large ...more
Feb 14, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: maine-beach-town
Wife, mother of four, and newspaper reporter Lucy Stone has very little extra time on her hands; however, she happily agrees to host her best friend Sue's daughter's wedding at her house at Sue's request. Shortly thereafter, Lucy receives a long list of "to-do's" from Sue in order to make her home and yard presentable for the upcoming ceremony. As Lucy worries about her husband Bill's response to the wedding now taking place at their home in just a few short months, Sue meets Ron, her soon to be ...more
Catherine
Nov 29, 2014 Catherine rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. Lucy Stone's friend Sue Finch asks her to help plan her daughter Sidra's wedding to Internet millionaire Ron Davitz. What could be more perfect than a backyard summer wedding in the Stones' newly built gazebo? The groom's mother Thelma elaborate ideas and constant complaints are the least of Lucy's troubles. With the nupitals looming along the arrangments are in utter chaos and so is Lucy's investigative piece on lobsters. Meanwhile,,, Ron is making enemies at every tur ...more
Andrea
Mar 04, 2013 Andrea rated it liked it
Who knew that getting married in Tinker's cove could be a deadly plan. Lucy Stone's best friend Sue is planning her daughter Sidra's wedding and things get out of hand when the intended groom turns up dead. Will there be a "Happily Ever-After" for Sidra? You'll have to read to find out about all the twists, turns and suspects along the way. As always Lucy Stone who is now a full-time reporter for her local weekly paper is right in the middle of all the action. I am always entertained and someti ...more
Wendy
May 10, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed my visit to Tinker's Cove with Lucy and her family as Lucy helps her best friend Sue plan her daughter's wedding. It is always fun to see what is going on in the Stone household as the kids grow up and Lucy tries to deal with life as a small town housewife.

My favorite lines of the book --

"in moments the school bus wold arrive for the last time until next September. It was Monday, June 17 -- the last day of school. Watching the second hand jump forward, Lucy felt her freedom ticking aw
Luffy
Feb 27, 2014 Luffy rated it really liked it
I'm finding it difficult to pinpoint what made this book great. I guess it was nice to see progress in the timeline of the Stone family. There's something ethereal and fairy like about the story. The mystery itself took a backseat to the social and familial events and dang, I'm at a loss again. I do know that the presence of classic villains helped. The lack of annoying persons here made it easy to love this book. This series will be almost a daily ritual for me until the very end of the former ...more
Samuel Botha
Apr 29, 2016 Samuel Botha rated it really liked it
One of the books so far in the series with a plausible storyline and characters who seem to remain true to themselves. I enjoy these "cozy reads" because I am so busy that I sometimes struggle to get through a regular size book in a timeframe that is acceptable to myself. This series allows me to enjoy reading in a way that takes me back to when I was a kid . This installment I found particularly enjoyable.
Paula
Sep 11, 2015 Paula rated it liked it
I really would like to give this one 3.5 stars. I liked it better than some of the others I've read so far, it was less sleuthing and more storyline.

Lucy's best friend's daughter is getting married to "the next Bill Gates". He and his mother come in on a rented yacht and Lucy doesn't like him straight away and doesn't know what Sidra sees in him. Her parents feel the same. When Ron is murdered, it looks like anyone could be the murderer, he is disliked that much.
Gary E
Jan 30, 2016 Gary E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what we have come to expect

After 7 previous installments in this series I imagine other fans like me know what to expect with these books . . . this book meets or exceeds those expectations. It is just a fun book filled with characters that you want to know more about!

I hate using terms like a "a good cozy mystery" but that is exactly what we have come to expect with this series!
Shemsi
Jul 29, 2008 Shemsi rated it it was ok
I don't know why I keep reading books from this series. It's not very good and it's not well edited. In fact, in one of the books from the series (I think the 4th of July one) there is one daughter in the car and in the next sentence the other daughter magically appears in the car, even though they said she wasn't going to the parade (or wherever it was they were going).
Rich Bisanz
Always a good read, even though she has written 21 or so Lucy Stone mysteries, they never get old. I am enjoying her family, friends and the Tinker Cove community. I grew in a small town so I can relate to the events in Tinker Cove. Her murder plots are always fresh and inventive. I am sure you will enjoy reading them.
Fmorlan
Feb 11, 2013 Fmorlan rated it really liked it
Lucy Stone reporter, mother and part time investigator (when murder occurs). Sue Finch's daughter is getting married to the next Bill Gates. But there is a snag in the nuptuals - a murder that needs to be cleared. As usual Lucy steps in (not on purpose) to try and solve the murder while handling her jib and family. Interesting characters enter the picture.
Kim
Apr 02, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
This is a good installment in the Lucy Stone series! It has some interesting time jumps and a lother of the small town interaction I like about the series in general.

I just wish they had gone a bit more in depth and not a have everything so on the surface. It was a quick and fun read for sure, but it could have been deeper and not suffered.
Barbara Beach
Oct 14, 2009 Barbara Beach rated it it was amazing
This book was quick and easy to read. I recommend it. Lucy's friend's daughter is marrying a rich man who brings a very large yacht into the small fishing town in Maine. When Lucy finds the groom floating in the water she is led into all kinds of adventures and danger. I didn't want to put the book down until I finished it.
Joyce Rawlins
Feb 13, 2014 Joyce Rawlins rated it it was amazing
Lucy's best friend has asked her to help with her daughter's wedding. While at the bridal shower, the groom to be is found dead. He is floating in the bay. A friend is accused of the murder. Lucy knows he is innocent & sets out to find the real murderer. It was a good book.
Laura Beasley
Oct 24, 2013 Laura Beasley rated it it was ok
A light mystery. Story takes place in tinker's cove. A wedding is to take place and the fiancé is found murdered. More details about the town than really dealing with the mystery. The fiancé is not who they all thought he was. Quick read. Enjoyable book but not a lot of substance.
Adriana
Nov 19, 2008 Adriana is currently reading it
what ive learned from the book so far is never agree to do something or just throw something out in the open if your not sure whats really gonna happen in the end.Because you never know the consequences or what your getting yourself into.
Kristina
Jun 16, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it
Cute story. I have enjoyed all the books in this series. I liked the characters, the setting, and the mystery contained in each book. I look forward to reading a new book each year. If you enjoy cozy mysteries, you will like this series.
Melissa
Nov 27, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2008
Book #10 read in 2008

This book was not as much a mystery as some of the others in this series. However, I enjoyed the characters in the story and how they developed. I will continue reading this series.
Believeit2seeit
Mar 09, 2015 Believeit2seeit rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This episode of the Lucy Stone mystery series focused more on Lucy's life than the mystery, the action did not start until halfway through the book. I still enjoyed the story very much, the author had a way of being snarky without being mean-spirited.
Kathy Mescher
Sep 29, 2016 Kathy Mescher rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
I thought this book was an easy read. I enjoyed reading another of Leslie Meier's books. Before I knew it, the story was over. I would definitely recommend this book to those who love mysteries and want something easy to read.
Kristin
Her kids are "old enough" to work but not old enough to wake themselves up or make their own lunches? And Bill is extra draining in this book. He sounds like he is from 1955. WHY DO I READ THESE BOOKS?
Jim Sampson
Jul 16, 2011 Jim Sampson rated it it was amazing
This one was really top notch in this series.Lucy helps get a wedding together and yep the groom is found dead. Niceand fun read.
Linda
Aug 15, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
I just love her books and once I start reading them I will not put the book down until I have finished reading it.
Deb
Apr 11, 2013 Deb rated it it was ok
All I will saw is, I'm glad Lucy isn't my friend. At one point she thinks her best friend was not only capable of murder but that Sue may be the murderer.
Angela
Feb 16, 2016 Angela rated it liked it
A bit different from the other books, the timeframe for the story didn't seem to be as spaced out as the other books were. Also wish that Bill was a bit more hands on then he usually is.
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • 'Tis the Season to Be Murdered (Susan Henshaw, #8)
  • Clam Wake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #29)
  • Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder
  • Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3)
  • Murder of a Royal Pain (A Scumble River Mystery, #11)
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.

More about Leslie Meier...

Lucy Stone (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1)
  • Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2)
  • Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3)
  • Back to School Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #4)
  • Valentine Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5)
  • Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #6)
  • Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)
  • Birthday Party Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #9)
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Star Spangled Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #11)

“She marched along, wondering how it could be that some people had to work their fingers to the bone and risk their lives in order to make a living and others could just sail around in the lap of luxury.” 0 likes