Start by marking “Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #2)” as Want to Read:
Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #2)

Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½ (Ranma ½ (US) #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  2,528 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Follows the adventures of half-boy, half-girl martial artist Ranma, whose transforming gender problems began at the Accursed Springs in China when he became cursed to turn into a girl when splashed with cold water, and back into a boy with hot water.
Published May 7th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½

Qt
Just as addictive, funny, and exciting as the first, and I quite like the artwork!
John Wiswell
You know that Ranma turns into a girl whenever he gets wet? And the same turns his father into a panda?

You remember that Ranma’s nemesis, Ryoga, carries an excessively heavy umbrella everywhere?

You’ve probably figured it out from those questions alone, but I didn’t see it coming. When Ryoga lost his umbrella, was rained upon, and turned into a piglet, this book got five stars. It was twenty pages in. I don’t care.

The book kicks off with the revelation that Ryoga tracked Ranma to the same haunted
Mosley Allen
Spoilers!!!!!

Ch1: Lol Kasumi traded the sword in for a training weight.

Ranma: "Dirty minded pig! I knew it! A male!"

Ch2: Akane totally gave female Ranma a titty twister! 0.0

Nabiki: " Ranma if you're going to sneak into a girl's room do it quietly."
Kasumi: "Personally I don't think it's right to sneak in at all."
Soun: "It just shows he's a healthy lad."

Ch3: I've never been a big Kodachi fan. ._.

Ch4: Kiss rape. Ha! Akane left him outside on the roof unable to move.

Ch5: What it is with the Kuno's a
MissAnnThrope
25 January 2013

Ranma , Volume 2 has you laughing out loud within the first five pages. It is another hilarious, action-packed installment that does not disappoint. I absolutely love the rivalry between Ranma and Ryoga. I am constantly entertained when those two share the page. Ryoga is stubborn and can be piggish *wink*, but I find those qualities in him to be endearing. There is something about that hard-headed fool that I find adorable.

There are a slew of new characters introduced, including s
S. J.
Aug 06, 2013 S. J. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Jessica
*3 Stars*

My Review of Vol. 1

*WARNING: Because of the occasional female nudity (and male though they always have carefully placed legs), this is not really for younger manga readers.

*The Gush*

As mentioned in the previous review (see above), the Ranma chapters follow a rather predictable pattern. In the two stories (part of the second as well as the end of the Ryoga tale) in this volume, we meet Kuno's sister Kodachi, who challenges Akane to Martial Rhythmic Gymnastics, falls in love with male
Leila Anani
Gender-bending comedy and love triangles galore continue in this second volume of the hit manga series following the adventures of Ranma, a boy who turns into a girl when hit with cold water.

The main focus is on Ryoga, Ranma's inept rival who we learn followed Ranma and also got knocked into a spring and now turns into a black piglet P-Chan when hit with cold water. Unsuspecting Akane lets P-Chan sleep in her bed making Ranma inexplicably! upset.

The second arc in this volume deals with Kuno's si
Eveymorgan
Lo que me estoy riendo con este manga. Además han aparecido dos nuevos personajes a la historia. Ryôga (uno de mis personajes favoritos) y Kodachi de la rosa negra. A por el tercer tomito!!
Joseph Monaghan
Mar 18, 2012 Joseph Monaghan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the first book and manga fans
Shelves: fiction, manga
More zany characters are introduced in the second volume of Ranma 1/2. Characters that are already existing from the previous book are developed and made more interesting, and one of my favourite characters called P-Chan makes his debut.

Unfortunately for me personally, there was a little too much action here. I prefer the more 'comedy' and 'romance' genres in Ranma's story, but even though I am sure I am not alone in this, I cannot declare the amount of action to be a flaw. Takahashi did not go
Céline :)
So funny :)
David
Well sometimes the problem with manga is that additional volumes are basically the same content but different context. It's repetitive and stuff. This volume of Ranma 1/2 reminds me of the previous volume. I'm willing to wager that the next volume will as well. Granted, this was a humorous and quick read. Ranma faces martial gymnastics and soon will face martial ... ice skating.

Oh, and he gets kissed. By a boy!

I think I would like this scenario with a bisexual boy who turns into a bisexual girl.
*Queen Diva*
Another great, hilarious volume! I loved when Ranma announced himself (in his female form) that his/her name was Ranma Saotome and both the Kunos didn't get it. Especially when Upperclassman Kuno was like "NOW I KNOW HER NAME!! I MUST WRITE IT DOWN!!" I was laughing so hard.

I also love Ryoga and his little story. Hilarious!

I hope the greatness momentum doesn't die because this series is so long because so far I'm lovin' it!!!
Becky
Volume 2: we learn Ryoga's terrible (and adorable) secret, we meet Kuno's equally deranged sister, and then gymnastics. And also figure skating. (I personally think that figure skating should have been included in ALL volumes from here on out. There is a lack of Martial Arts figure skating in my life, and two volumes just doesn't cut it for me!)
Ronyell
"Ranma 1/2 Volume 2" is just as good as the first one. This time, Ranma has his hands full when he deals with a transformed Ryoga and meets up with a famous pair of martial arts skating champions.

Anyone who is a true fan of the Ranma 1/2 series will definitely enjoy this volume as it is full of good humor and action.
Caroline
Ranma 1/2 if one of my all-time favorite manga series. There are times when the action gets a bit repetitive, but the insanity of the different schools of Anything Goes Martial Arts makes this one of the more entertaining shonen manga series around. It's a good mix of comedy, romance and action that just works well for me.
Ryan
Ranma continues to be more fun than it probably should be, although there's not much to this one that the previous volume didn't have: satirically over-the-top action, confused gender roles, and lots of casual nudity. Recommended if you're a fan of that kind of thing, but read the first book first.
Rebecca
Ranma manages to get himsel into spectacular trouble again, this time with a gymnastics competition against a girl who likes his male self, but doesn't realise that the girl she is trying to maim during the gymnastics competition is really Ranma when the curse is activated. Ahh, funny, funny.
Jean-Pierre Vidrine
The hilarity continues! The scene of the rhythmic gymnastics fighting constitutes some of the best action conveyed through still art that I have ever seen. Of course, there is a lot more than action here. Teenage emotions and manga weirdness stand right by the action in this stand-out series.
Raj
More silly adventures of boy/girl Ranma Saotome, his/her dad/panda and fiancee Akane. This is great fun, very light and very quick to read. There are, unfortunately almost 30 volumes in the series, so I'm going to have to keep my eye out for further volumes in charity shops etc.
Jucchan
They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. But I did - And I was right ;) This series is amazing! You get genderbender, fantasy, action, romance and slapstick-humor along with intense serious moments, what more can you want?
Eden
Just as wonderful as the first volume. But Ranma still has to deal with Ryoga, but this time he has two forms to deal with.

Really great manga series so far. I'm going to start reading the third volume right away.
Robin Conley
This is a strange series, but it's a fun read. I feel like the story isn't progressing much, but that is typical of Mangas I've read, they tend to have small progressions. Still, an enjoyable read.
Jasmine Moody
this is a total lol book but if your not into seeing body parts that doesnt belong on a guy then you probly need to look the other way case this guy is cursed to be half boy and half girl.
emily_oriley
This is my favorite book in the series. I love the martial arts skating match and it's definetly worth seeing Ranma's first kiss. Plus, lots of scenes with my favorite character P-Chan! ^.^
I am really starting to dig this manga thing. This series is great! We watched the anime in my Teen Anime Club and had a ball, complete with wasabi peas and Japanese gummy candy.
Sara
Cute installment, and much less confusing once I realized I was starting with the second book and the main character changes sex whenever water touches his skin.
Sara
Ranma 1/2 is a great series! It's so funny and sweet. There's romance, action, and comedy all in abundance! I think should appeal to a wide audience.
2bnallegory
First introduced to Ranma through the shows, saw the graphic novel and picked it up, just as funny and very fun to read.
Julie
One of my favorite manga series - and one of the ones responsible for getting me to love manga in the first place. A classic!
Nicolas R.
This volume introduces us to more of Ranma's wacky cast including Kuno's sister Kodachi. This volume is full of laughs.
Avery
Of all the Ranma 1/2 books, this one is my favourite. My favourite part is with Azusa and that one guy :D
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 05
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 04: Bandit
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 12
  • Wish, Vol. 04 (Wish, #4)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 04: To Bud
  • No Need for Tenchi!, Volume 1
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi...

Ranma ½ (US) (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 3 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #3)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 4 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #4)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 7
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 8
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 9
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 10
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 11
InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1) Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1) InuYasha Ani-Manga, Vol. 1 (Inuyasha Ani-Manga, #1) InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2) InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)